It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ALL The Flight Cancellations?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I will start by telling you guys that I am pretty much a noob on here when it comes to posting, much less starting a thread. But I will take a shot and please be easy on me guys its just a thought.

Anyway, with all of the cancelled flights lately throughout the airline industry does that not send a red flag to anyone? I searched ATS for anything on the subject and found nothing speculative on this. Here is a link to the MSM about this.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

So, with that in mind, is it out of bounds to suspect there is something else other than inspections of faulty planes going on? I know that the story is that these airlines failed inspections or whatnot and this was all done to ensure safety.

Could there be a real terrorist threat to the airlines that the government does not want us to know about?

Now I heard on talk radio that these airlines do send their planes abroad to get inspected and it is a possibility that the FAA inspectors just check to see if they passed inspection wherever that happened. I do not know how true that is but I put that out there to show that I dont just scream "TERRORISM!" and run.

I bring this question up simply because during my time in the military we had numerous BOLO's telling of possible terrorist acts. These reports always came from OSI and other agencies that were in the know. The thing that makes me wonder though is that we were not allowed to tell ANYONE outside of the squadron about some of these "threats." I quote that because no one where I was stationed ever encountered any of these supposed terrorist acts.

To apply it in this case, what would the government have to do if there was a credible threat to the airlines but the report was vague yet from a very reliable source? To reduce panic, I would suppose that they would do exactly what is happening right now. Inspect the planes for "faulty" wiring or "cracks" when in reality they are searching for something a little more menacing.

I dont know, but you would think that not all of these planes are on the same maintenance schedule. So why would they ALL have to be inspected at the same time?

Just a thought that has been with me all day. Could be nothing at all but something is just not right.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by hybridx]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
WELL! I thought this would spark some interest but I guess not. I just really thought there was room to speculate on this subject. Based on the number of views and the lack of responses I guess I was wrong!

Sorry to waste space on here guys!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
the air lines want to make the public feel as if they care. to try an boost sales with a host of new ads or whatnot claiming how extra safe their crafts are from this downtime...... they wanna be looked at as firm when still im sure they hired the same unskilled workers to conduct these inspections... I mean attention to detail must be used, an for a great amount thats a challenge.....

Im sure give it like a month or two an you will see a new host of ads for airliners, brand new with movie stars claiming its the best thing since rectal probing.........

but if you ask me..... they're nothing more then glorified bottlerockets with wings........

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Trance Optic

Great take on the subject and you could be right.

However I just feel there is something a little more to this story than ticket sales and promotional ads. I mean look at the big picture, these airlines that have been affected are the big names stateside in the airline business. How many more advertisements from them do you think we can stomach? Maybe I just watch too much TV but I see a buttload of airline commercials on the tube (i mean flat panel) all the time.

Still, something is not right.
I'm just sayin........

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
No flight cancellations over here, planes fly all around my house at any given time they please. You can bet that practically every hour at least one plane (more than likely two though) fly over this house. Upsetting me with there loud engines and what not, not to mention knocking me off the modem at 3:26 AM.

Perhaps the Airlines are testing the waters now to see the public reaction to something? Something that hasn't been stated/uncovered yet? Or maybe they actually do want to keep there eye open for "Terrorist" and help the people continue to live.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hybridx

Hey hybridx,

Good post!

I think your theory may be stronger if multiple carriers were to ground portions of their fleets.

American Airlines has a track record of non FAA compliance especially with the MD80. Currently they are the only carrier grounding planes.

I certainly think the picture you painted in your OP could hold water if we were to see a major unannounced grounding.

Becker

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Good point! Yes the MD80 does not have a good track record at all. I remember the alaskan flight off the coast of cali. Not to mention I was on an MD80 not long after that and that was all I could think about.

However the article I linked does inform that united, southwest, and delta were also affected recently. Thats why I was sayin maybe a vague threat but a threat based on these airlines. Hell, they are pretty much the only ones left! LOL.

Anyway just something to chew on and certainly not any proof that there is anything other than improperly inspected planes. I was just wondering if anyone might have had the same feeling that there was something more to the story.

edit: BTW the announcement was pretty much unannounced. Read the article and watch the news. Look at all the stranded passengers or people being called at the last minute being informed that their flights have been cancelled!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leviatano
No flight cancellations over here, planes fly all around my house at any given time they please. You can bet that practically every hour at least one plane (more than likely two though) fly over this house. Upsetting me with there loud engines and what not, not to mention knocking me off the modem at 3:26 AM.

Perhaps the Airlines are testing the waters now to see the public reaction to something? Something that hasn't been stated/uncovered yet? Or maybe they actually do want to keep there eye open for "Terrorist" and help the people continue to live.

Still flights here too! San Antonio.

Could be right about the testing the waters but wouldnt that be just as likely as a threat that they do not want to disclose for fear of public reaction?

BTW the point of my post was that I was wondering if that is what all this inspecting is over. Keeping their eyes open for a terrorist threat! Trust me I do not want innocents dying but if you put out there that terrorist threats have been made could you imagine the public reaction. It would be much better to announce inspections..............

But again this may all be valid and my musings are just pure speculation.

Just thought I would share it with you guys and see what you think.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Then there is the possibility that someone or a group of someones
are playing the futures markets to make money when the resulting backlash ensues.

We know that the flight cancellations were not 'imposed' by a regulator agency,
the flight-cancellations for 'safety checks' had an in-house source
by all reckoning

one can suppose the safety issue was real or it was a staged ploy==
for whatever reason... one could suppose
(stock futures) or priming the airline for a 'Take-Over'

most everything business wise & financial ---- Stinks !! as of late

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Shoot! You sure did hit a spot there.

A "take over" would make sense.

"We will inspect the planes one more time Mr. Dubai before you sign the papers!"

I dont mind other theories about this subject at all, feel free to respond guys this thread could be interesting. I was just originally posting about what I had been thinking was the reason all day and other ideas arent out of the question for me.

People getting together and speculating on possible scenarios is what ATS is to me. Finding the truth in the process is what is really rewarding though!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hybridx
reply to post by Becker44

Good point! Yes the MD80 does not have a good track record at all.

now, why is MSM pontificating about MD80 aircraft being sooooo bad ?

and then showing a stock video of an L-1011 aircraft
as if it were a MD-80

the clip has been run on one of those 24 hr news channels several times
here on 9 April, Wednesday.
The reporters & editors can't be that dumb, for the money their being paid,
so there must be some sort of misinfornation/propaganda scheme going on
and a deliberate attempt to confuse the public with confusing visuals of MD-80 & L-1011 aircraft bodies.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
900 more AA flights will be cancelled tomorrow too.

I feel like something is up, and they are not telling us what
is really going on.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Sorry, the MD80 is what I have been seeing on the news and also what they have been reporting in the article I posted. You mave have indeed seen an L1011 but you know how stock footage goes on a hot story. Grab what you can for the story as quick as you can.

Also MSM meaning maistream media

The MD80, unfortunately, has had its problems and even if it only has had a few in the airline business that can be bad.

Something still stinks.........

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Or what if they were doing something to the plains to actually stage some kind of attack. Scary thought.

Ama

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I guess. It might be real maintence. It really messed up some travel plans for those that fly. Best they fail on the groung then in the air.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Who knows!

But I am gonna keep my eyes and ears open to see if they slip on any of the info about this!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

White House Press Corps Plane Temporarily Grounded in Europe for Safety Inspection

The United Airlines press charter plane chasing Air Force One during President Bush's trip this week to Europe was temporarily grounded Thursday due to a fleet-wide grounding of Boeing 777 planes that have not been properly inspected.

www.foxnews.com... -- Thursday, April 03, 2008

* Chicago O'Hare: 11 daily 777 flights, 5 canceled
* Denver: 4 daily flights, 3 canceled
* Washington/Dulles: 13 daily flights, 7 canceled
* San Francisco: 10 daily flights, 1 canceled
* Los Angeles: 5 daily flights, 3 canceled
* Hawaii: 6 daily flights, 2 canceled
* International: 34 daily flights, 20 canceled

blog.wired.com...

I think we can rule out the "They are plotting something" if the president's plane had to go down as well. But who knows maybe they still are.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

Your post did not say anything about the president's plane gettting grounded but I know what you are trying to say.

If you read the headlines they report WAY more cancellations than you. I wonder where they are all getting cancelled? OH BTW your link was from a story on the 3rd.

Maybe something indeed wrong with the planes.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I thought about this while driving home from work and wondered if the next 911 might involve MD80's.
I seem to remeber SouthWest also grounded some planes just a few days ago to repair some potentially faulty wiring or something. Someone might correct me on this.

I wonder if the planes are being fitted with some unknown device? For what purpose?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The ppl that maintain the planes could be a sleeper cell next in line to sabatage the planes. You never know.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join