Sept1976iranufo.pdf
Report on Sighting of UFO in Iran, Sept, 1976
A report regarding a sighting of a UFO by four witnesses in Iran

Document date: 1976-09-19
Department: USAF?
Author: Not Stated
Document type: report
pages: 3

Archivist's Notes: This is a slightly difficult to read report giving details of a UFO sighting in Iran, Sept, 1976.
The incident was reported by four residents of Tehran.
An F-4 was scrambled to investigate. A second object later appeared.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This report is very intense and covers a well known UFO sighting in 1976.

Page1:

Difficult to discern some things here. Perhaps some sort of index briefly highlighting the report in military jargon. Seems to have been forwarded to a number of departments within U.S. Federal Gov't. The bottom of this page clearly reads that four phone calls were received by Iranian citizens reporting the UFO. These calls came from Tehran's northern district known as Shemiran.

Page2:

Tehran citizens reported seeing bright helicoptors or a bird like object. Iranian military officials did not take the reports seriously and offered "stars" as an explanation until talking to Mehrabad tower. Mehrabad International Airport was Tehran's main airport at that point in time.

The Iranian official decided to scramble an F-4 from Shahrokhi AFB(difficult to read in the document) to investigate. The brilliance of the object was clearly visible from 70 miles away. As the F-4 moved within 25 nm (nautical miles) of the object it lost all instrumentation and communications forcing him to break off and return to Shahrokhi. As he did so he regained control of instrumentation and communications.

Soon a second F-4 was launched to intercept the object and acquired a radar lock at 27 nm. As the F-4 came to within 25 nm of the object it began to move away, maintaining the 25 nm distance. The object was so bright it was difficult to estimate the size but the radar signature returned was similar in size to a Boeing 707 Tanker. The light it gave off was like a brilliant strobe arranged in a rectangular pattern and alternating blue, green, red, and orange. The sequence of the lights was so fast that it could all be seen at once.

Another object came out of this one about 1/2 - 1/3 the apparent size of the moon. It headed straight for the F-4 at a very high rate of speed. The pilot attempted to fire an AIM-9 missile at the object but at that instant his weapons panel went offline and he lost all communications. At this point the pilot attempted a turn and negative G dive to get away. The object fell in trail about 4 nm behind him. The second object then turned away to rejoin the first object.

Page3:

Shortly after they joined another object seemed to come out of the first (primary) object and going straight down at a high rate of speed. The F-4 pilot had regained his instrumentation and tracked the object expecting an impact with the ground. Instead, the object touched down gently and cast a bright light over an area of about 2-3 km.

The F-4 decreased it's altitude and tried to observe and mark the object's position. There was a lot of interference and everytime the pilot passed through a magnetic bearing of 150 deg from Mehrabad he lost communications. A commercial aircraft heading to Mehrabad about this time also experience interference but did not report seeing anything unusual. As the F-4 was on final approach it noticed yet another object, cylinder shaped, about the size of a T-bird.

The next morning they investigated the approximate position of where the one object had landed. The found a noticable "beeper" sound which became loudest near a house. They questioned the people in the house who said they had heard a very loud noise and bright light like lightning. The area was checked for radiation.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
The pilot attempted to fire an AIM-9 missile at the object
but at that instant his weapons panel went offline and he lost all communications.

Children – don’t touch, just observe

Isn’t it funny that we humans are tempted to ‘touch’ (in this case shoot) objects that are unknown to us.

I’m not sure if that is the best way to interact with an unknown object …

I believe that a different approach might open up a friendly communication with evolved beings.

And yes I said evolved beings – they where able to ‘magically’ jam the communication and weapons system of the aircraft .

I’m sure the pilots where lucky, just imagine what would happen if the whole aircraft froze…

Anyway –this is a well done report Scramjet76

As already mentioned, this well known UFO sighting is one of the best documented UFO/ Aircraft incident.

With browsing through several websites – I found the following report very informative:

UFO CASE REPORT- F-4 Jet Chase over Iran 1976

Lt. General Azarbarzin, Deputy Commander-in-Chief of Operations of the Imperial Iranian Air Force, confirmed in a 1977 interview the strong electromagnetic effect experienced by the two F-4s:
"That is true. They both were scrambled and they locked on the target but they received a very strong jamming. And then they lost almost every avionics system they had on the airplane... The jets couldn't fire their missiles because they had very strong jamming... this technology it [UFO] was using for jamming was something we haven't had before and we don't have it. It doesn't exist because it was a very wide band and could jam different bands, different frequencies at the same time. It's very unusual."

[edit on 17-4-2008 by frozen_snowman]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by frozen_snowman

Isn’t it funny that we humans are tempted to ‘touch’ (in this case shoot) objects that are unknown to us.

I wonder when the last time any military jet tried to engage an unknown? I doubt the US goes after them anymore considering the data but like you said... why not try a different approach? Send them a signal.... have jets fly in a pattern.... something other than shoot first ask questions later (which obviously doesn't work).

And yes I said evolved beings

Yes, this very well documented report is IMO better 'proof' than any youtube video I've ever seen. These are the type of reports which first caused my interest in the subject. I hope mankind will continue down the path of knowledge and reason and someday, in the far far future, we will look in the mirror and know we have come of age.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What happened in the skies north of Tehran on September 19th 1976? Did this Iranian pilot encounter ET intelligence? Or was this advanced terrestrial technology at work?

Also, what was the "beeper" signal picked up by investigators the next day? The signal seemed to point to a small house by people who claimed to have heard a loud noise and seen lightning the previous night. Are those people abductees who were getting picked up or dropped off by aliens? Or were all parties involved victimized by a super secret U.S. psyc ops program?

Here is some additional material on this encounter..

ATS Thread- Teheran Ufo Case, 1976 : Interview with Iranian Pilot

More links..

UFO Casebook- The Tehran Iran/F4 Incident
UFO Evidence- Best Cases: Iran, 1976
NUFORC- Teheran "Dogfight"

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
More on this incident...

Another document later came to light revealing that that a very similar UFO was sighted in Morocco from many locations about 3 to 4 hours later, or 0100 to 0200 hours local time on September 19. The document was from the American embassy in Rabat, Morocco to the U.S. State Department, dated September 25, 1976--"Subject: Request for Info. Unidentified Flying Objects."
Wiki Source

Rabat is over 3,000 miles away from Tehran. If this was the same object it must have been moving along at roughly 1000 mph (assuming no stops till Morocco).

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Excellent find. I never heard of this possibly related event and certinaly adds another level of credibility to the tehran incident.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

It sure does.
Not to mention that retired Iranian Air Force General, Parviz Jafari, says he attempted to shoot down a strange object hovering over Tehran in 1976.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Very interesting...if the reports out of Tehran are true.

The part that intrigues me the most is the jamming. The technology required to perform targetted electronic jamming at that level would definitely not have existed in 1976, nor probably does today, putting to rest the possibility of a government produced experimental craft.

It almost sounds like it is similar to barrage or sweep jamming but with an EMP effect, and targetted accurately based on response. Very cool.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Agreed. Certainly doesn't sound like any technology from 1976 or today for that matter.

I was looking around the internet and noticed "the aliens" seemed to be pretty busy on our little planet in 1976, including several reports from Iran.

Location. Chalus Mazandaran Iran
Date: April 2 1976
Time: unknown
Ghulam Reza Bazargani, 19, was walking in the forests near Chalus when he saw a UFO come from the sky and stop directly above him. He was paralyzed. Four beings with big noses and small green lips came out of the object via a silvery ladder and took him inside, where he was placed in an oval shaped cell in front of a strange instrument, which passed light of various colors over his body. He lost consciousness, and came to himself early n the 4th, near Isfahan, 285 miles south of Chalus.

Location. Isfahan region Iran
Date: April 3 1976
Peasants in the area reported seeing three green skinned three-foot tall creatures, described as being 6-foot wide and having violet colored bellies. Apparently these creatures descended from the sky during a violent hailstorm. No other information.

Location. Ahar Iran
Date: September 16 1976
Time: late night
Dr. Simon Taylor and an Iranian friend, Reza, had gone for a hike in the mountains. When it began to get dark they decided to stay in one of the many climber’s cabins that were abundant in the area. The cabin was near a local shrine. That night only two other men had stayed in the cabin, a father, and son. Late that night Taylor and his friend both woke up gasping for air, as if there was no oxygen in the room. It was very hot and there was no sign of the father and son pair. Outside they could hear movements. Suddenly the cabin was rocked by a series of heavy, pounding thumps. Within seconds they both ran outside terror stricken. A few feet away stood three men. They were completely dressed in black and each carried a lantern like instrument. They all had large dark slanted eyes very lustrous. The men then began communicating with the two witnesses seemingly by using telepathy. It now became apparent that their mouths and noses were both covered. They told them not to be afraid, to pack their things and follow them. The witnesses collected their belongings and dressed, all the while the three dark clad men stood by the doorway looking at them. Taylor and Reza then followed the three men down a twisting path in the woods. After walking for a few hundred feet, they suddenly realized that they were no longer on the path but in some sort of room. Under their feet was a thick Persian rug. The room was oval shaped and was bathed in a soft light. The two witnesses were invited to sit cross-legged on the floor. A transparent “screen” took up the whole of one long wall. Both men could see branches of trees and past them, the distant lights of the city. The room began to shake and shudder and they were told not to be afraid. Both men gripped the carpet below them, as the room was swaying like a cable car going up a mountain. Both also felt tremendous pressure in their ears, one of the men attempted to reassure Taylor. They saw many places and distant locations, apparently going to different countries. Afterwards they were abruptly asked to leave. The witnesses then walked out of the room and were suddenly back in the wooded path. They then realized that they had been gone for five hours. (Three days later, occurred the classic UFO encounters above Tehran with an Imperial Iranian F-4 Phantom jet and a UFO. During the same time there were also reports of “aliens” landing in the holy city of Qum and of abductions in Mashhad.)

Location. Near Lake Tabriz Iran
Date: September 18 1976
Ahmad Bani Ahmad, 56, a researcher on Iranian history, and his wife were visiting Lake Tabriz when they saw a round glistening object 9-12 ft in diameter land 100 yards from their car. 2 beings similar in shape to Egyptian mummies stepped out. Mr. Ahmad was taken inside the object. No other information.

www.ufoinfo.com

Observation:

Notice the April 3rd report of strange creatures descending from the sky coincides with a hailstorm. Similarly the Tehran incident pointed to that small house where the occupants claimed to have heard a loud noise and seen lightning (the night of the incident). What was the loud noise they heard? UFOs are usually reported as being quite stealthy (quiet). Was the noise they heard merely the F4 flying around over head? Without knowing too much details it certainly seems as if the Iranian military actually witnessed an abduction without even knowing what was going on!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
No gun camera whatsoever?? No voice tapes from the flight?? No GCA recordings of the communications?? I smell a rat. A fake rat.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
something just not right its all a bit fishie

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HatTrick

No gun camera whatsoever?? No voice tapes from the flight?? No GCA recordings of the communications?? I smell a rat. A fake rat.

Why would the Iranian military release these things to the general public? For what reason?

Also, what makes you think they even have such data still available? That was over 30 years ago. I work closely with a records dept for the government... You do realize that the farther back you go in time the less records are available? What makes you think the Iranians keep good military records at all?

Why would the pilot, a respected retired Iranian AF officer, fly all the way to the US just to get on tv and make up a lie?

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Were there any subsequent reports to this one? I am curious to see what the findings were from the radiation testing. I assume that the "beeper" signal that they were getting was from a geiger counter, since the area was going to be checked for possible radiation. Did everything come to a screeching halt on this one after the initial report?

In doing some more research on this, I came across three Air Force documents on Wikipedia that also give an account of what happened. There are some things that are different from the documents presented here on ATS. Here is the link...

1976 Tehran UFO Incident

For instance, you will see in the FOIA document that one of the crafts is compared to a 707, while the same craft in the document on Wikipedia is compared to a KC-135 Tanker (they are very similar in size). I guess it is possible that 2 different aircraft of almost the same size could have been used to describe the same incident during different interview processes. None the less, it is still interesting to read the other accounts.

Here is an excerpt from the wikipedia site;

One of the pilots of the first jet interceptor, Yaddi Nazeri, estimated that the UFO was traveling somewhere between two and three thousand miles per hour. He said that the object "...was beyond my speed and power. The [later] F-4... also could not catch up to the object. That's when I thought, this is a UFO." Nazeri added that "...no country had this type of flying object, so I was thinking, this craft is from another planet."

The second F-4 pilot, General Parviz Jafari, said that after trying to fire a missile and failing, they feared for their lives and tried to eject, but the eject button also malfunctioned. At a Washington D.C. press conference on November 12, 2007, Jafari added details that the main object emitted four objects, one which he tried unsuccessfully to fire on, another which followed him back, and one which landed on the desert floor and glowed. Following his prepared statement at the press conference, Jafari was asked if he believed he had encountered an alien spacecraft and Pirouzi said he was quite certain that he had.

In reading the second paragraph, it is pretty obvious that the second F-4 Pilot (a General no less!), knew he was dealing with something that was not of this world.....he was prepared to eject (risking his own life), and destroy a perfectly good aircraft, because he was unable to defend himself or keep up with the UFO.

All in all, this is one of the best reports out there.

[edit on 23-8-2008 by desertdreamer]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by HatTrick

Why would the Iranian military release these things to the general public? For what reason?

Also, what makes you think they even have such data still available? That was over 30 years ago. I work closely with a records dept for the government... You do realize that the farther back you go in time the less records are available? What makes you think the Iranians keep good military records at all?

Why would the pilot, a respected retired Iranian AF officer, fly all the way to the US just to get on tv and make up a lie?

There were recordings of the pilot talking to the control tower. Go to this link and read.....under Miscellaneous details and documents.

1976 Tehran UFO Incident

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

There were recordings of the pilot talking to the control tower. Go to this link and read.....under Miscellaneous details and documents.

I see that!

Unfortunately, I doubt anyone of us could get our hands on that tape.

I tried to look up Parviz Jarfari's email but no luck. I know he's been on coasttocoast before so I suppose I could try and contact George....

I don't think it would do much good. I would assume the tape (if it still exists) is in the hands of Iranian military and not just sitting around Jafari's home.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Hi, I'm from Tehran/Iran. I confirm all of these incidents and I got tapes of this phenomenon on September of 1976.
Also I know some eye witnesses of that time. and also the unclassified documents of that phenomenon are available to public on USAF.

I started my research on UFO incidents in Tehran from September of 2008 when I saw this object again (same as the object seen on September 1976) after more than 30 years with my very own eyes with some other witnesses. I took pictures, IR spectrographs and also video tape of that.

I tried to contact to General Parviz Jafari, but he is living in the US right now and I dont have any contact information of him.
I would like to ask anyone who knows him or have some trace or information belongs to General Parviz Jafari, contact me and let me share this information to him for the future of his research.

Also I mention that, I know alot about military and spy devices and that was neither a spyplane nor a natural illusion. It was not a Jet-based or heat-engine-based device.

Please do not ask to share the documents. I never share them to public except General Jafari.

My email address is: e.coli1[at]ymail.com
Contact me if you have any trace or information about how can I contact to General Jafari.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hi, I'm from Tehran/Iran. I confirm all of these incidents and I got tapes of this phenomenon on September of 1976.
Also I know some eye witnesses of that time. and also the unclassified documents of that phenomenon are available to public on USAF.

I started my research on UFO incidents in Tehran from September of 2008 when I saw this object again (same as the object seen on September 1976) after more than 30 years with my very own eyes with some other witnesses. I took pictures, IR spectrographs and also video tape of that.

I tried to contact to General Parviz Jafari, but he is living in the US right now and I dont have any contact information of him.
I would like to ask anyone who knows him or have some trace or information belongs to General Parviz Jafari, contact me and let me share this information to him for the future of his research.

Also I mention that, I know alot about military and spy devices and that was neither a spyplane nor a natural illusion. It was not a Jet-based or heat-engine-based device.

Please do not ask to share the documents. I never share them to public except General Jafari.

Contact me if you have any trace or information about how can I contact to General Jafari.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by e.coli

Okay, so I see that you confirm the incident. You say you have tapes of the incident, were you there? Where did you get them? If you know of eyewitnesses, can you get them to document their experiences? Also, you say that the unclassified documents are available to the public on USAF? Please provide a link.

Can you provide us with your video evidence? Also, what leads you to believe that it was not a jet based or a heat engine based device? Does your footage proove this?

I know you have asked for us NOT to ask you to share the documents, but let's be honest here.....here at ATS, we are going to ask for some proof, something to show that you are credible. For all we know, you could be some crazed spy trying to get to this General....lol.

Show us some proof, something more than just your word......that is how it works, otherwise it is all just hearsay.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Nice work... thanks for the UP!

new topics

top topics

join