It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long overdue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Isn't it about time for another official ATS game, it's been about 8 months since the last one ended.
I'm sure there is not only me that's dying to give the old grey matter a good work out.
Maybe if enough people reply the powers that be will give us one.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
games? what kind of games? That sounds like fun! Im ssuch a n00b

Let's play a game!!

Tela

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by executioner

I almost posted the exact same post last night, ex.

I was a lurker for a couple of months before joining to get in on the Final Answer To Everything game.

Yay for a new ATS game! By gar, it's been a while.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'd been toying with the idea for a few days. I'm not a big contributer on the boards but I do like the games. I know I haven't a chance of winning one but I enjoy the research and collaboration more. The buzz you get when you solve a question that's been stumping everyone for days is amazing.
C'mon HUNT give us a game.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yeah I'm always checking this forum and there has'nt been a sponsored game in a while. I missed out on the last ones so I am ready. Give us something new!!

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
60 views and only 4 people interested enough to reply.
Boy am I disappointed

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There is plenty of intrigue, executioner.

One of the things that has been troublesome in the past is that some of the games and contests generate only marginal interest, and so the energy runs out and focus fades away.

Further, there have been cases where a contest or game is initiated, and then "winners" or participants are disappointed when they do not receive the promised "prize".

Not sure how to help with this one - I guess it will take some initiative (and follow-through) on the part of the owners and mods to make a contest or game work as intended.

There have been some good ones - maybe one will materialize again soon...

Take care!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well with the last game the banner-link on every page really helped popularize it.

Is there a regular schedule for ATS games? Probably not - but I bet the devious minds of the admins have something in store....

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I've been thinking about ATS games the last few days, the last one they had I really enjoyed, it was shortly after joining the site actually. I even won 2 t-shirts

I hope they are working on another one, or at least plan to in the near future...

****Hint hint, nudge nudge****

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
5000 point game in progress right now.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Oooo, shweet. Cheers mate.

Incidentally, what thread/place would I need to keep my eye on to keep up on news of new games?

EDIT: Apart from this one

[edit on 4/2/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well the real ATS official games will be well advertised on ATS so they will be very difficult to miss but check BTS every now and then for smaller non official games like the one I'm running right now.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I can't speak for ATS Admin about any games in the works, cause I don't know

But SkepticOverlord is extremely busy at the moment with this new projectWe're preparing a world-class media portal for ATS members. and probably will be busy after it is implemented tweaking and what not.

I sure there will be given time though (imho)

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Anybody remember "Find the Rings"? That was the game that got me so hooked on ATS. That was the best one so far, IMO.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Shall do
I tend to forget all about BTS sometimes when I get engrossed in ATS. Must remember to check at least once daily

reply to post by Sauron

I figured SkepticOverlord would be a little too busy with the new project, not that I mind one little bit it's shaping up to be awesome methinks.

I can wait
I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I shall just use the time sharpening my mind ready for more cryptology or whatever else their devious minds can come up with!

I might give the Kryptos another shot while I'm waiting

Cheers for the help guys

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Just to let everyone know, Static Sky has a cipher/puzzle thread, with point awards, going in BTS:

Static Sky's Cipher Game

Also, I wanted to bump this thread so that the "The Game??????" thread isn't at the top of the board any more. Haha, you lose.

new topics

top topics

join