It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy is in your head.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think that the only reason you all think there is a conspiracy aginst or for religion is because you all want ther to be one.... The true grounds for wanting there to be one is so that you can say what you want without it being true no matter how much evidence you stack up aginst your beliefs the only things that are true are what you think to be true. You guys are so one minded and just think everyone is out to get you. Christians especially. It always seems that if it aint the jews then it the satanists or the athiests.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Um, no. I think you're wrong.
I see inconsestancies, things that don't belong, so finding the answer leads down a path and that path leads to a conspiracy, so there ya go, pretty simple.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It is true that very many people seem to be convinced that there are people "out to get them". But I don't think there are as many as you seem convinced there are. (After all, it is to be expected that a site like this one would attract -among others - conspiracy lovers.)

Personally, I think it's a way of deflecting responsibility for one's own life and actions.

I am not saying this as a "negative" comment, and anyway it's not a personal "attack" against anyone.
But I don't think the attitude is healthy either.
Paradoxically, it's just that kind of mindset what makes people more vulnerable to any real would-be controllers.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

If you could give me an example please of how you go down a path and find something that doesnt belong. I may be able to help you realize that it just in your head.(its a vicious cycle)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It would seem that this statement can be taken literally in respect to the spirit and psyche of a person. Many scientist may claim their isn't life after death and yet to my knowledge have yet to prove it scientifically either way. If a religious persons spirit or entity lives on after death and a scientist without faith does not, than this will also prove that it's all in your head.....due to faith.

Many people don't believe in relgions but believe in sprituality. A closed mind may also be someone who hasn't yet experienced these supernatural events such as OOBE.

What some have reported to be orbs may be this psyche or spiritual head. If religious faith allows a persons spirit to survive into the next realm or life, then they may find out where their faith was misplaced.

I think that quite often bible bashers and bible thumpers to be as equally annoying. When I think of one mindedness, I like to think of the collective conciousness of the universe.

Others might think of the Borg from Star Trek.

My father used to say: "It's all in your head" He died of brain cancer about a year ago. Sad and ironic. I wonder if it was from all the stress he had over his concern for his children?

[edit on 9-4-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by the basset hound

Gotta disagree with you I'm afraid.

Not everyone here is a 'conspiracy theorist' per se. I think that what you'll find is a collection of people who share an interest in things that are either unexplained or, where an 'explanation' is given, it does simply not make sense to some of us.

With respect to religion, as mentioned, can you seriously argue that most religions are not about control of a given population and creating/managing a status quo that makes things easier for those in power?

Couple this with the general hypocrisy of those in 'power' in a religious sense and it becomes blindingly obvious to me that religion (seeing as you mentioned that in particular) is not about enlightenment or living a good life at all.

Not everyone believes that someone is out to get them, and the big plus for ATS is that ALL ideas are questioned. I doubt you will find a single thread where everyone agrees and shouts from the rooftops 'yep - this is a conspiracy.'

It is about discussion and considering alternate viewpoints.

Your comments may hold true with respect to certain other forums on the Internet, but not ATS. We have a healthy balance of skeptics and believers on any given given issue and that is what makes this site the place it is...

In my opinion, the ONLY place on the internet for intelligent discussion of alternative topics.

I hope that you will discover that over you time here, but please be assured that we are not all tin hat wearing, armed to the teeth survivalist, remote viewing, 9/11 doubting, Christian/Jew/Muslim/Atheist/Buddhist hating paronoids (and yes, I am deliberately sterotyping).

I hope you see my point.

Thanks,

MSP

[edit on 9-4-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

top topics

join