It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Armageddon Close: Global Dimming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
After the recent Pentagon report on "Global Warming", now we have to also worry about "Global Dimming". Climatologist with Nasa's Goddard Institute for Space Science in New York Jim Hansen says data obtained from observation stations all over the world reveal the black carbon amount in the atmosphere is in fact twice as bigger as people have supposed.

Pravada

Scientists say the phenomenon of "global dimming" poses a grave danger for the life on the planet. Plants will be the first to suffer from it, as the darkening will break their photosynthesis. Death of plants will cause demise of animals.

Here we can cite one of the versions of dinosaur death. Dinosaurs died because of sunlight shortage that arose as a result of clouds of tiny particles in the atmosphere, the particles produced with an explosion of a giant meteorite.

Global Warming, Global Dimming, Global War? Global Dimming may explain the extinction of the Dinosaurs, which was basically a wipeout of a civilization. So are we next? Alot of News in the world today could relate to Prophecies in the Bible. The talk of wars and rumors of wars, false prophets, the eventual fall of Babylon(U.S.A.?), Pestilences and Famines, Nuclear war, NWO, Earthquakes(especially in divers places) and alas Armegeddon. Are we really at the point of extinction, or just another one of those Nostradomus theories gone bad.

Related ATSNN Links
Major earthquake strikes Morroco
Leaked Pentagon report warns climate change may bring famine, war.
UN warns that bird flu crisis is far from over
Al-Baradei warns of nuclear destruction

Related ATS Links
Nukes in U.S. already???
Israel Owns 82 Nukes!!!

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Funny how the world has changed. When I grew up, I remember Nuclear
Disaster Drills in grade school. But only the religious folk spoke of Armageddon,
nobody else took it seriously. Now, there are no Nuclear Disaster Drills, the
religious folk are holding their breath, and everybody else is talking about Armageddon.

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This has happened before in our earths history. We are actually in the midst of a climate change (It's supposed to get colder), as is the norm every 500 million years or so. Too much carbon in the atmosphere causes a haze that plunges temperatures. The drop in temperatures causes less evaporation and less silicate weathering (the primary natural system for the removal of CO2).

The albedo effect will sprial out of control and plunge us into a deep ice age. Plate techtonics will put more CO2 into the air through volcanism and allow us to bury the carbon much like what happened during the carboniferous epoch. Don't worry. As continents move, volcanic activity will increase the level of CO2 in the atmosphere bringing us back out. It only takes about 50-100 million years to come out of lol.

The sun was 30% less luminous when Earth was formed, yet there is no proof that the Earth has undergone an extended ice age. What does this tell us? Their are gaia systems going on that humans have only a faint grasp of.

Anyone heard of greenhouses and hydroponics? We have lamps that can emit light in any spectrum we want suited to the types of plants we want to grow in the greenhouse. Humans are too smart to die in another ice age.

End Note: I'll have a little more information on the process of the removal of carbon from the atmosphere after silicate weathering slows after I do a little more reading.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite

Anyone heard of greenhouses and hydroponics? We have lamps that can emit light in any spectrum we want suited to the types of plants we want to grow in the greenhouse. Humans are too smart to die in another ice age.

........So are you saying that all we have to do is build giant light bulb arrays that span thousands of square miles? Brilliant.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjNothing
........So are you saying that all we have to do is build giant light bulb arrays that span thousands of square miles? Brilliant.

What are you talking about? If a family wants to eat vegetables they can grow them themselves. Do farms not span over thousands of miles of terrain? Before you devote the majority of your mind to sarcasm you might want to try thinking of ways to solve an approaching problem. Of course that isn't what you're going to do, you're going to knock what someone else suggests. Brilliant.

Here, I'll tell you what to hear. Yes, we're all going to die and there's nothing you can do about it.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite

What are you talking about? If a family wants to eat vegetables they can grow them themselves. Do farms not span over thousands of miles of terrain? Before you devote the majority of your mind to sarcasm you might want to try thinking of ways to solve an approaching problem. Of course that isn't what you're going to do, you're going to knock what someone else suggests. Brilliant.

Here, I'll tell you what to hear. Yes, we're all going to die and there's nothing you can do about it.

Did it occur to you that OXYGEN (vital to our breathing processes) was what I was talking about? Who cares if you can grow all the carrots you want.

Our oxygen supply is what I was referring to, and unless they figure out a way to maintain most of our plant life here on earth, there will be no more oxygen. j

I need to breathe before I can eat.
So before you devote the majority of your mind to ignorance, try to understand the substance of my statement. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Did it occur to you that OXYGEN (vital to our breathing processes) was what I was talking about? Who cares if you can grow all the carrots you want.

Our oxygen supply is what I was referring to, and unless they figure out a way to maintain most of our plant life here on earth, there will be no more oxygen. j

I need to breathe before I can eat.
So before you devote the majority of your mind to ignorance, try to understand the substance of my statement. Thank you.

First of all, I think it's plain to see that you have not the slightest clue about what it is you're trying to teach me. While your ignorance of science astounds me, your uppity ass attitude makes you look borederline retarded. How many ways can we produce oxygen? Holy #, I can't even count them all. You have electrolysis, canisters of potassium perchlorate (KClO4) and the OGS recently developed at the University of Arizona that will turn carbon dioxide into oxygen, and on, and on... How do you think people survive on space stations? Or submarines? Ok, I proved you are the ignorant one, let's move on.

SHOW ME where you say anything in your first post about oxygen? You can't don't try to flip this around and turn it back on me, your sarcasm is what got you schooled. I already know where this is going, i'll start it off for you:

"Well what about [enter easily refutable point based on ignorance here]. That was what I was talking about, not oxygen."

Whatever man. Read something. Thank you.

*EDIT: For substance.

[Edited on 2-26-2004 by insite]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well, we've had the coldest winter I can ever recall having here...period...so I can't believe a lot about "global warming".... Usually, in FL we have about 4 days you need a jacket... We've needed one for months this past winter.....

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is hilarious. I cant believe you missed the point twice.
Im not disagreeing with anything you have said, you just seem bent on argument for some reason. So Im gonna try to clear up what I was originally talking about......

In your first post, in the statement I quoted, you seemed to be implying that its ok if the earth goes dark, because we can use various forms of artificial light to keep plants alive. This would be fine in small quantities, but not as a means to keep most all plant life everywhere alive, which is what would be required to produce enough oxygen for worldwide use. You didnt seem to be talking about anything other than Air quality in that post anyways.

Take your own advice and read something (like your own #ing posts) before you start thinking somebody is attacking you.

If you still want to argue, the tree in your backyard will do nicely. This is over.

new topics

top topics

join