It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Teen Attacked Over Anti-Illegal Immigration Sign for History Project

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUSTED

Epic fail.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am not sure if this belongs here, but it is the only post I have seen on illegal immigration.

I have a few suggestions on how to stop it, or at least the issue of employers hiring illegals.

1. Anyone caught hiring an illegal automatically loses their business liscence.

2. Any business that recieved small business loans from the government or any financial institution has their loan called, without exception.

3. Any business that uses illegals is charged with conspiracy to commit fraud, identity theft and has to pay for someone elses expenses trying to staighten out any charges made on thier ss#.

4. Most importantly; anyone involved irregardless of whether it is the state or federal government, state or federal legislature or who does not stop this should be charged with treason.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I still want to see more seems no one else has reported her being charged for anything. Even the school district hasn't changed there orignal story. Seems to me the school would be the first to report.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
www.athensreview.com...

BREAKING NEWS: AISD superintendent says student lied about assault

Athens Independent School District Superintendent Dr. Fred Hayes said Wednesday that a 13-year-old eighth-grader at Athens Middle School lied about being assaulted over a history project last week.

Hayes, speaking at a news conference with Athens ISD Police Chief Paul Redic, told reporters a school video surveillance system shows the teen, Melanie Bowers, inflicting scratch wounds on her arms and neck before walking into the office to attempt to call her parents.

Charges will be filed against Bowers with the Henderson County County Attorney's Office for making a false claim, Redic said.

Bowers told school officials last week she was swarmed by 21 Hispanic students and assaulted after she brought a poster to school declaring, “If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration.” She brought the poster to school for a U.S. History class project. Students were assigned the task of creating a poster expressing a message of political activism.

According to Hayes, Bowers is seen on surveillance video showing off her poster to several students in a hallway last Friday, just before she is seen injuring herself. One of the students yanked the poster out of her hand and ran into the school's gymnasium.

Three students were given in-school suspension. All three are Hispanic, Hayes said. Bowers is white. Hayes said one student was suspended because he destroyed the girl's sign. The other two were suspended for inciting their friend to destroy the poster.

Hayes said school officials are investigating whether they can take any action against Bowers at the school, such as a suspension.

The alleged incident became national news, with many media outlets using the incident as part of a discussion on illegal immigration.

Bowers has not attended school since the incident.

For more on the story, see Thursday's print and online editions of the Athens Review.

Seems shes been caught. But earlier reports said they had nothing on camera which I find odd.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It was fake!? BOOOOOO. I was getting all worked up too

[edit on 9-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Sorry the news came in just a little bit ago. Still seems funny that there was nothing on camera now they have evidence from a camera. There supposed to have more on this story tommorow.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thank god for CCTV systems. they have saved my bacon more than once.
Funny how kneejerk reactions rule most of the time instead of common sense.

My dad always said the rarest commodity on this planet is commonsense!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
ALL THE ILLEGALS NEED TO GO BACK TO MEXICO AND WE NEED TO BUILD A FENCE TO KEEP THEM THERE.

Put Marine snipers on our side of the fence to insure that nobody survives to disrespect our laws.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just received another email from ALIPAC on the story.

Friends of ALIPAC,

We are pulling the numerous articles about the little girl Melanie Bowers and her claim of assaults and threats by illegal alien supporting students at Athens High School.

We are also pulling the youtube news report video from our account.

In their place, we do plan to put the article that just came out in the last hour up and notify all of our supporters about this.

Authorities are charging her with filing a false police report. Her family has acknowledged the charges are appropriate according to KLTV 7 news which originally broke the story along with several newspapers.

ALIPAC cited three official news sources in our report to you. For the first time in our 3.5 years of operation we must issue a retraction because of new information we have just received.

You can read the full details below. Please forward this to anyone you contacted about the story.

Athens School 'Attack' Proven To Be False, Girl To Be Charged
www.kltv.com...

The ALIPAC Team
www.alipac.us

Atleast there honorable enough to say when there story was wrong and actually send out a retraction I know a lot of organizations wouldn't.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to Thank for putting this out for people to see, If the american people dont stop cowering in there homes and stand up, we need to go ahead and give this nation to Mexico. post by JBA2848

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
[edit on 10-4-2008 by want2believe]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This thread is a disgusting display of ignorance. All you people jumping to conclusions should be ashamed of yourselves. This is the second thread in the past 2 days I have read where people just make assumptions without evidence, its sickening.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It is stories like this, that make me think.

If the US attacked, and started and invasion of Mexico tommorow, it would not be a preemtive strike.

Mexicans have been invading the US for a couple decades now, we are just to lazy to do something about it.

The political correctness has got to stop.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Nevermind - just read one of the later posts.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Sheeple]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Err... she made it all up apparently?

In that case, deport her to Mexico instead of the illegals.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Err... she made it all up apparently?

In that case, deport her to Mexico instead of the illegals.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by 44soulslayer]

I am going to repost what i said as some people still choose to be ignorant.

This thread is a disgusting display of ignorance. All you people jumping to conclusions should be ashamed of yourselves. This is the second thread in the past 2 days I have read where people just make assumptions without evidence, its sickening.

I dont mean to single you out 44soulslayer, you are just the last one to post so....

Imagine how many wars in history could have been prevented if people would just take the time to find evidence to support their assumptions.

"Deny ignorance" doesn't mean deny the fact that your ignorant, it means do not allow yourself to be ignorant.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

She didn't make it ALL up... However, the part about her being attacked and yada, yada, was made up, yes. They did indeed destroy her sign. She wasn't happy with the response that school officials were giving her, so she made up the story about being physically attacked.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Someone should change the title of this thread to mention that this whole thing was busted.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by 44soulslayer

She wasn't happy with the response that school officials were giving her, so she made up the story about being physically attacked.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

They said she was caught on camera scratching herself. That does not mean she was not attacked, just maybe tried to give herself visible injuries to make her story more credible. It doesn't mean the attack did not happen.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ummm, 'she just scrached herself to make the story more credable' i dont think so... if you really had been attacked then there would be some visable wounds. and if there wasnt you woulnt do that to yourself anyway
face it- she made it all up

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join