It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Teen Attacked Over Anti-Illegal Immigration Sign for History Project

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Texas Teen Attacked Over Anti-Illegal Immigration Sign for History Project

www.liveleak.com

Her sign read, "If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration."

So much for free speech.

There is a video at the link provided.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Will post a email I received from ALIPAC related to the story.

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Heres the email I received from ALIPAC.

Friends of ALIPAC:

This story is emerging from Athens Texas where 13 year old Melanie Bowers was choked and had her face slammed into a brick wall for bringing in a class assignment that read "If you love your nation, stop illegal immigration"

She was surrounded by a mob of Latino students that either were illegal aliens, in illegal alien families, or supportive of illegal immigration and attacked.

The attackers also threatened to drag her into the bathroom, rape her, and stab her to death.

If you are relying on the Associated Press out of Dallas, TX to feed this news to you across the nation, they describe the incident as a "scuffle" where "Verbal insults" were used.

ALIPAC will be demanding that the school suspends all students involved in this attack, that local police file charges against all involved in the attack, and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement determine the legal status of the assailants and their parental guardians in order to enforce immigration laws applicable to any involved.

This is the United States of America. This is not Mexico. In our nation, we do not use terror tactics to suppress free speech and violate the civil rights of American citizens by attacking children as a mob!

You can help us by taking action.

Please use the FORWARD feature at the bottom of this email to distribute this news.

Please review the news articles, including the biased Associated Press article.

Please watch the news coverage, vote five stars, make a comment (No foul language or violent posts allowed) and ad this video to your favorites to help ALIPAC spread the word and demand justice!

News Reports
American child assaulted and threatened with rape and murder by illegal aliens
www.alipac.us...

VIDEO
Illegal Aliens Assault & Threaten to Rape & Murder child
www.youtube.com...

If anyone decides to contact the school system, Athens police department, ICE, or the Associated Press about this case then please keep your cool.

Any communications that use foul language or threatening language will help Melanie's attackers. If you are too angry after reviewing this material, wait until your are cool and calm before taking any actions or making any attempts to communicate.

The ALIPAC Team
www.alipac.us

PS: Illegal aliens and their supporters are attacking our efforts at these two links, please assist if you have the time.

www.youtube.com...

www.boycottabsolut.net...

Will post more as i find it.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ok, I have a HUGE problem with something this article says..

"...some studends who are illegal immigrants..."

What?! and they also say that the students involved in the attack are going to be suspended.. How about DEPORTED? This is just one more reason I am all for preventing businesses, as well as schools from harboring illegals.

I really hope this story gets more national attention and people start to wake up and see that nothing comes from illegals other then problems. With the job market at an all time low, im positive many American citizens would do the jobs that the illegals are currently stealing.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'd say this would fall into the category of a Hate Crime, but I doubt that will ever happen. I haven't heard a thing about it on the news..
Thanks for the post.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
www.athensreview.com...
A local paper with a follow up the story.

Athens Independent School District Superintendent Dr. Fred Hayes said Tuesday three students have been suspended in connection to the alleged assault of an eighth-grader last week.

Melanie Bowers, 13, told school officials she was swarmed by 21 students and assaulted after she brought a poster to school declaring, “If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration.” She brought the poster to school for a U.S. History class project. Students were assigned the task of creating a poster expressing a message of political activism

They said the assault happened in a area where the cameras could't see. Most crimnals are smart enough to avoid cameras when commiting a crime unless there high or stupid.

“The night before she had this due, she started telling me about this assignment,” Bowers said. “I looked at her and said, ‘This is a bad idea. This is going to go south real quick.”’

Bowers said he is holding his daughter out of school for a week until attention surrounding the scuffle calms down. Mrs. Bowers said she and her husband are also still concerned about several threatening signs she said she has been told were found around the school. The signs are threatening toward her daughter, she said.

Hayes said school officials are continuing to investigate to see if others were involved in the scuffle.

The parents knew about the sign and her report for class the night befor.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Illegal Immigration is a touchy subject and yes why the hell arent these criminals being deported? Imagine the outcry if it was white kids attcking a latino lol omg the outcry and marches I can see it now.

Illegal immigration is killing America and only making big buisness rich because Illegal immigration DRIVES DOWN WORKING WAGES and put expenses on an already overstretched economy. If America doesnt fix the problem soon then I fear America will join Mexico as a 3rd world country then us Canadians will have to keep you all out lol.

To the people who support Illegal immigration well imo your argument doesnt have a leg to stand on and only relies on the ignorant support of people who do not understand the most basic laws of soverignty. Just another issue "they" use to divide and conquer the populace like the pawns we are and its been going their way perfectly, we keep fighting and never sit down and properly work stuff out and noone wants to hear the other sides argument that would make u weak!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
thats the same thing as going to school with a sign that says i hate black people you will eventually end up getting jumped

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
www.kxxv.com...

ATHENS, Texas (AP) - An East Texas girl who made an anti-illegal immigration sign for a U.S. history class says she was beaten by other students.

Her sign said: "If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration."

The father of 13-year-old Melanie Bowers of Athens says he's keeping her out of classes until probably next week until the situation is resolved.

As a class project, students made "protest signs" about past and current issues.

Melanie Bowers on March 31st took her sign to school.

J.R. Bowers says his eighth-grade daughter on Friday was attacked in a hallway. She suffered scrapes and bruises and later sought medical attention.

Her sign was torn up.

Police are reviewing security video from Athens Middle School.

Superintendent Fred Hayes says the investigation continues.

Hayes says what school officials ought to do look at is if it's current issue -- they probably don't need a protest poster made on that topic.

Information from Athens Daily Review & KLTV-TV:

www.athensreview.com... & www.kltv.com...

So the sign was exactly what the school project was asking for. "As a class project, students made "protest signs" about past and current issues." I guess the teacher figured the whole class would do it on TIbet. Of coarse they would do it on something they live everyday immigration. But I guess if a Mexican student brought a vodka sign in and he got jumped it would be a different story.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I think suspension is a rather light punishment for hate crimes, gang activity, and threats of rape. But hey, you wouldn't want to incite any protest by illegals over something as trivial as enforcing the law.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
i don't have a problem with what she did for her project. she wasn't attacking mexicans specifically, she was attacking illegal immigrants. anyone that has a problem with it is either an illegal or dumb enough to assume she was anti-mexican. so yeah, if these kids were illegal immigrants then why are they still here? i heard a story about a lady getting deported after her native husband died trying to save a drowning child, but these people get a free ride? messed up.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
www.kltv.com...

Pending False Claim Charge For Athens School Attack

A new development in the case of an Athens student who claims she was beaten by other students for her history project.

Three students are under "in-school" suspension today for tearing up a project created by 13 year old Melanie Bowers.

Melanie claimed she was attacked last Friday for creating a protest sign saying, "If you love your nation, stop illegal immigration." The students are not being punished for any physical attack.

The superintendent of Athens ISD tells KLTV 7 today that the criminal investigation is ongoing and further punishment will be looked into and surveillance video is being analyzed.

Currently there is a pending charge against one student for filing a false report. The name of that student has not been released at this time.

A press conference is being held this afternoon. KLTV 7 has a crew on the scene and will be bring you more information as it becomes available.

This I just found and is what I expected with a illegal immigration issue. Either it doesn't get reported or it gets reported and attacked immediately by pro immigration groups.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Anyone here in the United States ILLEGALLY just needs to STFU and go back home!! You are illegal and have none of the rights bestowed upon citizens. YOu are a drain on our society.

We have legal channels for immigration. If you want to live here, come here legally, and you will be welcomed with open arms. If, however, you think that you are somehow entitled to be here just because you are already here, then I've got some news for you: YOU'RE NOT!

Congress needs to get off its collective a$$ and make it so companies will not want to hire illegals (STIFF penalties for hiring illegals)! The situation is getting out of hand, to the point that regular law enforcement is not inquiring about a person's immigrant status when they are caught committing a crime. For crying out loud, if anyone should be immediately deported, it is an illegal immigrant who is also committing other crimes. However, it should be enough to be an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT! Every moment you are here, you're breaking the law!

As for the kids at the school who beat up the girl for a sign, the entire lot should be shipped back to wherever their from!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
www.athensisd.net...
Heres what the school website has to say.

Dear A.I.S.D. Community:

You may have heard that an incident happened last Friday at Athens Middle School pertaining to a school project about political protests. After class, an altercation between some students occurred in the hallway. This issue is being taken very seriously and those students who were responsible for the disturbance are being disciplined.

Currently the A.I.S.D. administration is investigating this isolated incident and is working with the district's police department. Also during this investigation, the administration is reviewing parent notification and incident reporting policy and procedures to insure all appropriate parties are contacted in a timely manner.

As always, a safe and conducive learning environment for all students is a top priority

Dr. Fred Hayes
Superintendent Athens ISD

So I guess the issue of not letting her call home is probly the schools biggest issue here. The rest is up to the police.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
When I was a kid my mother tried to enroll me in a local public school that was some 80% closer to our home than the one I was having to go to. Seemed to make sense. We were denied because they determined, through our residency in a particular tax district that the local school mapped out there school districts a certain way requiring me (and all the neighborhood kids) to attend the other school. Not a big deal really.

But if your an illegal alien, how do you get to go to any tax-payer funded school? How can you 'sign up' without a legal standing? Don't they ask for ID - birth certificate, social security number, something, anything?

If they were never intending to enforce the law - why do they call them 'illegal' aliens? Shouldn't it be 'unwanted' aliens, or maybe 'extraneous' aliens? What's the point of calling them 'illegal'?

I know that children born in the US regardless of the status of the parents will not be denied citizenship (and I can accept that) but we have school-age children coming into the country and going to publicly-funded schools? Let their country of origin pay for them. I wonder what would happen if I took my kids to Canada and tried to sign them up for school there?

This is another case the ACLU will not touch because they won't accept that Americans have the right to 'exclude' anyone from anything. Yet this student (who may have been an obnoxious malicious jerk for all I know) is physically attacked???? These 'aliens' better become educated as to why we allow them here in the first place, it's not because we can beat up anyone we outnumber.

Immigration law is a joke, and were it my place, I would strongly urge the community to take up a civil rights law suit against the local government for failing to enforce common law.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Isn't there a way we, ATS'rs can get the word out to a reputable news source that can be seen by everyone, by submitting real news stories, like this one, so we can have our say, since this country is built off of our says? Basically forcing this type of info out to the public so those that live off the news can actually see what's happening in our Nation(s) and Around the World without the need to only view it from (if it's ever seen on) CNN, Fox, Local News, etc., ?

Some sort of way to where, only "real news" from small towns like this can get out to all...

Cause ATS is a great place to view news breaks and to discuss it amongst ourselves but is it really getting out to the people, the ones that MUST see this stuff?

[edit on 9-4-2008 by WalkOn]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Wow.. what a messed up story. Poor girl.. seriously the school handled the ENTIRE situation so freaking wrong its unbelievable.. politically correct jackasses.. the principle is VERY lucky I live over a thousand miles away...

I say we take all of these SOB's, their ENTIRE family, and ship them off to Mexico. If they believe they have a right to come to America illegally, attack American's in school for a political stance, they OBVIOUSLY don't give a rats ass about this country or the rights we cherish.

The community should be in an uproar, where are the people calling for these sick bastards to be sent BACK to Mexico where they belong? What the hell is wrong with this country.. my god.. "suspend" the students .. DEPORT THEM!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WalkOn

I think the best we can do is spread the word about the ATS community. But, come to think of it, that would sort of mess up the dynamic of the members. That's a better question than I had realized.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Heres a real shocker and turn of events.
www.kltv.com...

False Report Charge For Girl In Athens School Attack

New developments today in the case of a supposed beating of a student from Athens ISD.

13 year old Melanie Bowers is having charges filed against her by Athens ISD today through the Henderson County District Attorney's office for filing a false report, said Athens ISD officials today.

Bowers had claimed that she was beaten and threatened by a group of students at Athens ISD last Friday for creating a protest sign saying, "If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration."

After the incident, administrators reviewed videotapes of the incident - which instead of showing students beating her, instead showed Bowers scratching herself on her arm. Some students reportedly threw her project into the trash, but no physical attacks or threats were substantiated.

Bowers' parents have reportedly apologized to school administrators for their daughter and Bowers' father is agreeing with the charges against her.

KLTV 7 News will have a video exclusive of the tape from Athens ISD tonight on KLTV 7 News at 5:00, 6:00, and 10:00 pm.

Cathryn Khalil, reporting. ckhalil@kltv.com

Will have to keep track of where the story goes from here. I guess there saying she made it all up.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
haha, i would love to see a protest out in front of this school, with big signs reading "IF YOU LOVE OUR NATION, STOP ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION". it happened in Texas? im sure there are a lot of people against illegal immigration over there in Texas

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join