It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: US used September 11 as 'pretext' for invasions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Primary Navigation
HomeU.S.BusinessWorldEntertainmentSportsTechPoliticsElectionsScienceHealthMost Popular
Secondary Navigation
World Video Middle East Europe Latin America Africa Asia Canada Australia/Antarctica Kevin Sites Search: All News Yahoo! News Only News Photos Video/Audio Advanced

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahmadinejad: US used September 11 as 'pretext' for invasions by Aresu Eqbali
Tue Apr 8, 2:38 PM ET

TEHRAN (AFP) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accused the United States on Tuesday of using the September 11, 2001 attacks as a "pretext" to launch invasions and cast doubt on the accepted version of the terror strikes.

ADVERTISEMENT

"On the pretext of this incident a major military operation was launched and oppressed Afghanistan was attacked. Tens of thousands of people have been killed until now," he said in a speech broadcast on state television.

"Poor Iraq was attacked. According to official figures... one million people have been killed," he said in the speech marking Iran's day of nuclear technology.

He appeared to cast doubt on the official version of the attacks, saying the names of those killed had never been published and questioning how the planes had hit the towers of the World Trade Centre in New York.

"An event was created in the name of the attack against the twin towers. We were all sad. It was said that 3,000 people were killed," Ahmadinejad said.

"But the names of the 3,000 people were never published and nobody was able to respond to the main question, which is how is it possible that with the best radar systems and intelligence networks the planes could crash undetected into the towers."

This is the first time that Ahmadinejad has spoken publicly about his interpretation of the attacks of September 11, 2001.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

"An event was created in the name of the attack against the twin towers. We were all sad. It was said that 3,000 people were killed," Ahmadinejad said.

"But the names of the 3,000 people were never published and nobody was able to respond to the main question, which is how is it possible that with the best radar systems and intelligence networks the planes could crash undetected into the towers."

This is the first time that Ahmadinejad has spoken publicly about his interpretation of the attacks of September 11, 2001.

The government of Iran's then reformist president Mohammad Khatami was quick to condemn the airborne attacks on New York and Washington carried out by Al-Qaeda militants which killed nearly 3,000 people.

However hardline newspapers have on occasion described the attacks as a conspiracy that was devised by the White House to justify its attacks on Iraq and Afghanistan.

Iran and the United States have had no diplomatic relations since the seizure of the US embassy in Tehran in the wake of the 1979 Islamic revolution and remain at loggerheads over the Islamic republic's nuclear programme.

"Discrimination has been applied in the world and the lie has become the rule. Threat and pillage is something that has become acceptable," Ahmadinejad added.

The controversial president has previously provoked outrage by describing the Holocaust as a "myth" and raising doubts over the scale of the mass slaughter of Jews in World War II.

In his speech to Iranian dignitaries and some foreign diplomats, he also predicted the "demise" of the major powers which emerged victorious in World War II and have since dominated the international system.

He said Iran's nuclear achievements mark the "acceleration of the trend to the destruction of major powers and with God's help this will become reality. World powers are struggling to survive."

The UN Security Council, whose permanent veto-wielding members are the victorious Allied powers from World War II, has imposed three sets of sanctions against Iran for refusing to suspend sensitive nuclear work.

Ahmadinejad described the Iranian nuclear programme as the "most important political event in the contemporary era."

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Please do not tell me you think we can now take anything Ahmadinejad says as truth?

I think Iran is a beutiful country and I am sure many of its citizens are good people, but he is abolutely insane. Didn't he talk about how in his country, they kill homosexuals at Columbia? This is not someone we can trust, he spews all kinds of propoganda. I honestly think he wants a war with the U.S.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comsence2075
Please do not tell me you think we can now take anything Ahmadinejad says as truth?

What has the president of IRan said to say such a thing?

Here is a clipping from his U.N Speech.

Thousands of nuclear warheads that are stockpiled in various locations coupled with programs to further develop these inhuman weapons have created a new atmosphere of repression and the rule of the machines of war, threatening the international community and even the citizens of the countries that possess them.

"Ironically, those who have actually used nuclear weapons, continue to produce, stockpile and extensively test such weapons, have used depleted uranium bombs and bullets against tens and perhaps hundreds of thousands of Iraqis, Kuwaitis, and even their own soldiers and those of their allies, afflicting them with incurable diseases, blatantly violate their obligations under the NPT, have refrained from signing the CTBT and have armed the Zionist occupation regime with WMDs, are not only refusing to remedy their past deeds, but in clear breech of the NPT, are trying to prevent other countries from acquiring the technology to produce peaceful nuclear energy.

"All these problems emanate from the fact that justice and spirituality are missing in the way powerful governments conduct their affairs with other nations.

"After September 11, a particular radical group was accused of terrorist activities -- although it was never explained how such huge intelligence gathering and security organizations failed to prevent such an extensive and well planned operation.

www.globalsecurity.org...

Here is the video www.youtube.com...

I challenge anyone to pick out anything that he has said in that speech that could constitute him lying or posing a threat to anyone.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I challenge anyone to pick out anything that he has said in that speech that could constitute him lying or posing a threat to anyone.

What about the testimony of the military that Iran is aiding radical groups in Iraq to kill American and allied soldiers? I am not just talking about high ranking commanders. I have friends that are regular people like you and I and they say they know 100% that this is going on. I don't see him making any effort to put a stop to this in his own country.

If this is true, there are sects there that have the same goal in mind as Al Qaeda.

What about the testimony of the military that Iran is aiding radical groups in Iraq to kill American and allied soldiers? I am not just talking about high ranking commanders. I have friends that are regular people like you and I and they say they know 100% that this is going on. I don't see him making any effort to put a stop to this in his own country.

If this is true, there are sects there that have the same goal in mind as Al Qeada.

I do NOT support a war against Iran unless absolutely positively unavoidable. But I also don't think we can take something the president of Iran says as anything more than political propoganda. He pulls alot of stunts and loves the attention.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I challenge anyone to pick out anything that he has said in that speech that could constitute him lying or posing a threat to anyone. Follow up you shallow arguments with sources please.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Click the youtube link to see the rest of the parts of the U.N speech.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

Follow up you shallow arguments with sources please.

Why would I do that when you did not answer the questions I just asked? Typical for you to insult me, but not answer the questions. THAT is, "shallow."

top topics

join