It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Teenage Girls Killed in Taxi Crash after Botched Robbery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Two Teenage Girls Killed in Taxi Crash after Botched Robbery

news.sky.com

Two teenage girls from Los Angeles were killed in a car accident on Tuesday after a botched robbery attempt of a taxi driver.

The teens had hailed a cab earlier in the day and had asked the driver, Javier Hernandez, to drop them off at a housing project. One of the girls told the driver her boyfriend would come out and pay the fare but when they arrived a man pulled a gun on Hernandez and he sped off with both girls still in the taxi.

Hernandez then noticed that a car was chasing him so he called police at which point one of the girls pulled a box cutter and began slashing him in the face. It was then that Hernandez crashed and the two girls were killed.

Just as the car that was chasing the taxi pulled up at the crash scene the police arrived. Two people from the second car were arrested and could be facing murder charges.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
In my opinion, this is instant justice. They got what they deserved. I'm sure some people will say I'm too harsh...too bad.
Furthermore, I agree 100% with laws that allow accessories to be charged with murder if anyone is killed in the commission of a violent crime. (i.e... Assault, robbery, rape)

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Not too harsh at all, an example of karma at it's best

I agree with the fact that the 2 chasing the cab should be charged for murder because their actions directly contributed to him having to speed away and eventually crash.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I agree, karma at its work.

These girls knew exactly what they had planned. From a stupidity standpoint though, why slash the person driving the car you're in with a box cutter... before putting on your seat belts?

They got what they deserved.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by deadline527]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Charge them with murder, attempted murder , conspiracy to commit murder, etc.

Taxi robberies & murders were on the rise in our area years ago. Many of the Cabby's now take extra precautions, but the crimes still occur.

Awful lesson to learn, especially if no one learns from it (which... they probably won't)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's good to see poetic justice at work.

Too bad it rarely works out to be so swift and sure.

[edit on 2008/4/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Instant Karma at it's finest. It doesn't get any better than this.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
They got what they deserved. I hope these girls don't represent our hope for the future that people are always talking about..

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I can't help but feel sad about this.

I do agree karma at work here but as said before no one learns anything.
Only maybe the cab driver, if he survived, that he needs to bring his boxcutter\gun
too next time he's behind the wheel.

My thoughts are with both girls parents and family

top topics

join