It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 20 update

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Let's say i want to recreate some of the effects in Adobe Premiere..
..which I do..

What filters would I use to get some of these effects.
While I know some graphic terms, I'm not so sure how to look for these. Do any of the experts that seem to be making all the statements of "easily recreated and Fake" have some links to filters, tutorials etc that I could check out?

b

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyRaincheck
reply to post by TXRabbit

Sorry, I am absolutely in no way affiliated with anyone who made these videos or the sites they sit on. I'm merely curious.

Just for the record, I think I was the first to point out that Revver.com pays their directors according to how many people who click to see their videos. But I have never ever suspected you of being part of moving the videos to Revver to make some extra dollars.

And I want to thank you so much for starting this thread and making us aware of the new videos, regardless what we think of them. I have already given you both star and flag!

Best regards, Ziggystar60.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Thanks, I actually tried replying to you earlier but I don't have enough posts to send a u2u.

I just have a nagging feeling that there's something to this story, and I don't want to see it get swept under the rug again.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

reply to post by ziggystar60

Thanks, I actually tried replying to you earlier but I don't have enough posts to send a u2u.

I just have a nagging feeling that there's something to this story, and I don't want to see it get swept under the rug again.

I also believe that there is something to this story, despite the fact that I think the new videos are fake. I am still convinced that the original Retiredafb who posted the very first videos at YouTube was the real deal. I firmly believe that the first video of the spaceship was real footage.
And like you, I don't want this topic to be swept under the rug and forgotten about!

All the best to you from Ziggystar60.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Since this thread appears to bother you so much, why not refrain from visiting it?

Wait, before you say it, I'll say it for you... " It's fake! They couldn't have launched from Vandenberg! Theres Q-Tips glued to her face!
It's setting Ufology (!) back 50 years!

How's that?

I never said it bothers me. It's actually quite entertaining seeing the lenghts that some people will go to believe a notion. I'm just interested in the facts, no matter who presents them. If I wanted to get into arguments, have people "speak for me" or digress to name-calling, I wouldn't be on ATS.

P.S. My very simple questions are still unanswered btw. What Date/Time were the Apollo 19/20 missions launched?

[edit on 11-4-2008 by TXRabbit]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Well there it is then.

I can't speak for the owner/creator of the video's as to the Date and Time of launch. What I do know is that several reported UFO sightings from the former Sovet Union in the past have since been revealed to be various rocket launches that at the time were classified. Dates and Times have been corroborated. If the Soviet citizens didn't know they were rocket launches why would Americans? Perhaps if he ever does reveal a date and time we can see if it matches up with any reported sightings in the 70's.

But I'd like to re-iterate that I do not believe it's all real, I'm just keeping an open mind for now.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Temperamental69
It's fake.

That, and the fact that the Nasa technician shown on video in the lab outfit is a terrible actor..Even the way he shakes whatever is in his hand looks fake.

Actually, this may not be an actor. The person who uploaded these videos said that it is Alexei Leonov, a Russian cosmonaut. So I paused it at a few different places throughout the clip and compared the face to that of a photo of a young Alexei Leonov from that time period. It checked out.

Now, this doesn't mean it's the real deal because a preexisting image of Leonov in a NASA spacesuit could have been added into the scene, or maybe they found an identical look-a-like to play the part. Who knows?

On a side note: if I ever get abducted, please let it be by these gals.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by hbdale309]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy
Let's say i want to recreate some of the effects in Adobe Premiere..
..which I do..

What filters would I use to get some of these effects.
While I know some graphic terms, I'm not so sure how to look for these. Do any of the experts that seem to be making all the statements of "easily recreated and Fake" have some links to filters, tutorials etc that I could check out? b

A start on source for plug-ins:

www.digieffects.com...

www.nattress.com...

www.noiseindustries.com...

www.nextag.com...

Plus just Google: Saphire, GenArts , Magic Bullet.... for more.

Check Out Creative Cow or DV Editor websites for tutorials.

Just lots of trial and error with plug-ins as the stock-presets just get you in the "ball-park".

( I suppose you'd have to be old enough (or smart enough) to have seen the look you are after in order to faithfully reproduce it...hence the cheesy outcome we are discussing. )

Does that help? regards......kk

< edits to fix my sloppy spelling >

[edit on 11-4-2008 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I love how everybody on here assumes they know what a body decomposing in space will look like . I mean so many of us have been in space and on the moon right???? BS
Also love how people are saying he doesnt move natural. And again i say....How many time have you been in space or on board a spacecraft??? Probably almost nobody !!!
I'm not against debunking. But there is way too much arrogance on this site. Everyone who " debunks " something comes off soo sure and set in their ways and almost totally arrogant to think " they know the correct facts...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Can we concentrate in the ONLY part of the video that can lead us to know if the video is what the author claims or not: THE OTHER ASTRONAUT BEING OR NOT BEING LEONOV?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
They are supposed to be on the moon , righ?
So let's take a look at "Leonov" and his objects , (handkerchief , and something similar to a videocamera) , i cannot see any "no gravity effects" when he move those.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackHill
Can we concentrate in the ONLY part of the video that can lead us to know if the video is what the author claims or not: THE OTHER ASTRONAUT BEING OR NOT BEING LEONOV?

Debunky CGI lovers will explain you that this Leonov is a false Leonov hovering in the movie by the grace of Adobe After Effects.

However I do agree : besides the incredibly credible texture of the BABE (Beautiful Astro-Biological Entity)'s hairs (specially in the first movie where the honest watcher feels the memories of his last visit to Cairo Archeological Museum), this Leonov is a cardinal clue.

Let's add to the debate by reminding that dear forgotten thread elegantly pointing to this video where a whimsical, cheerful Leonov speaks (in Russian !) about his several close encounters of the third type* :

Russian Disclosure on GVid

* I'm kidding. In fact :

Originally posted by MastaG

Originally posted by Rigel

... if you speak russian could you translate grosso modo Leonov's statement - he seems pretty amazed : what the heck does he say ?

Leonov tells us why we (Russia) didn't manage to land on the moon before the US. He says that we could have landed there half a year before the Americans. That's all there is at 15'45.

I'll try to translate the video little by little.

Edit : spelling

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Rigel]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hi.

A lot of folks seem to be hung up on the gravity/no gravity on the moon.
I seem to remember an experiment with a hammer and a feather on the surface of the moon.

Did i imagine this?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

No, you didn't.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by godzuka
Vandenberg does have the SLC-6 facility with an erector crawler and was in the 80's set up to launch the space shuttle. In the 60's SLC-6 was the launch site for the canceled MOL missions which would of taken a Apollo capsule and a small space station into space.

I live in the area and often go to the beach to watch the launches. You have no idea how dumb the ordinary person is. The last delta IV heavy launch about 2 years ago we all went to watch. As this giant thing is taking off we heard two groups of people explaining to their kids that this was a comet??? Ordinary people are not looking for the unexplained. When you live around a launch site or military base you become desensitized to the significances of one launch over the other.

Sorry friend, SLC 6 was originally designed for lauching Titan III's....which are less than half the size of a Saturn V......after MOL was canceled, it was modified, to launch Delta IV's (maybe 3/4 the size of Saturn V) their facilities were never capabile of launching Saturn V's...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I agree you, what I was trying to say( maybe not so clearly) was that if this did leave from Vandenberg it would of been on SCL-6. Do you know if the MOL and Apollo capsule were designed for launch together? SCL-6 is the only place at Vandenberg which could of accommodated a Saturn V. The key to the truth with this story is at Vandenberg. If we can conclusively prove no launch took place on the date retiredAFB said it did, the he' a fraud. I have a friend looking into independent tracking info for launches on that day. If something that big went up it would of been seen by other countries or tracking stations, even the NRO clears air space for secret launches. It that thing went up, there's a record of it, or transporting it somewhere.

reply to post by Daedalus

[edit on 11-4-2008 by godzuka]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by godzuka

No....MOL was to use a modified gemini capsule, not apollo, and it was to be launched using a titan 3m, not a saturn V, because SLC-6 is, was, and always has been utterly incapable of accommodating a saturn V

even if there was a launch that day, it wasn't a saturn V, because as i've said so many times already, it's simply not possible. Please, do yourself a favor....watch the launch footage....listen to the audio....compare it to apollo 11...it's the same damned audio....and pay attention to the picture....it's very bad CGI.....i honestly can't understand how anyone could be genuinely fooled by this.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I am starting to think that I should merely read the first post of every new one that comes out and just leave it at that.

I find it very frustrating that of the 8 pages of posts on this topic that 5 full pages are merely people bickering back and forth about something that neither party can "win". Neither one can prove they are right or that the other person is wrong. Why subject the rest of us to this?

When people can put out an honest POSSIBLE explanation for something I find it interesting to read. This should be a collaberation, group effort or brainstorming session. Lets debate these finds in a civil manner.

Im not even going to give an opinion on this video other than to say I dont think the first one released of the fly over and this one are from the same people.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Tx for the links. I use creative cow and most recently for the mograph tutorials by mylinium.
My point in asking about the tutorial or link or even name of a plugin is to see if there ARE any plugins, tips, tricks that are out there that can be easily obtained to tweak towards the video. I don't need a match, just something close.

These vids DO look cheesy and fake, but if people are going to call fake for "cheap digital effects" then by all means show me what you are talking about instead of throwing a grenade of debunking and then ducking.

I make my own tutorials to train people in photoshop for use towards working in the sign industry with high resolution output. for every "effect" there is out there I could do a search and show you exactly what you want to see or at least something close.
Video though.. not so sure on the terms which is again why i was challenging someone to help the debunking side with direct proof of means.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

I did as you suggested and watched the video with the most spacecraft detail I could. I ended up comparing the APOLLO 20 launch feed stage 1 to a known Apollo 11 Interstaging Video if you look at the retired aft at 17 seconds and compre that to the real Apollo 11 video 39 seconds you can clearly see there is a a significant differance. Look at the outer case ring, it is completely different. If you watch further on the genuine video after interstaging you can see a heat shield between the rockets cones and on the retiredafb video this is not there. After watching this particualr Apollo 200 video about a dozen times I have join the hoax club.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join