It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Dies After Being Beaten With Video Game Controller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Girl Dies After Being Beaten With Video Game Controller

edition.cnn.com

A 2-year-old girl died after being beaten with a video game controller by her mother's boyfriend, police said Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is very bad guys knocked out cold with a gaming controller to a minor from her mothers boyfriend how could u leave this sick guy around this sweet innocent young child its so bad how this world has become of this.

edition.cnn.com

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Update!

Darisabel Baez's mother overheard the beating Sunday but did nothing until she realized the girl was unconscious, police said. The girl was pronounced dead late Monday at Hershey Medical Center, police Lt. Ron Camacho said.

Homicide was added to the list of charges against Harve L. Johnson on Tuesday; he was already in jail on counts including aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.

The girl's mother, Neida E. Baez, was charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

It was clear from the bruises and other injuries on the little girl's body that Sunday was not the first time she had been abused, Dauphin County coroner Graham Hetrick told WGAL-TV. He said it was one of the worst cases of child abuse he has

Darisabel Baez died Monday. Her mother's boyfriend said he beat the 2-year-old but didn't explain why, police said.

Source

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

And photo captions, must also include the [ex ] tags.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaadAdam

This is very bad guys knocked out cold with a gaming controller to a minor from her mothers boyfriend how could u leave this sick guy around this sweet innocent young child its so bad how this world has become of this.

edition.cnn.com

Very sad. Hope the video game haters don't come in here. He's obviously a bad person, nothing to do with games.

By the way people always say, how sad the world has become like this. Just remember it has always been like this, maybe way worse at times. Remember there's always good things in the world. There is a balance, good and bad.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
This really is the saddest story i have read for a while.
The awful truth is that this little girl isn't the first to suffer abuse while the pathetic mother turns a blind eye, and sadly she won't be the last

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Very sad. Hope the video game haters don't come in here. He's obviously a bad person, nothing to do with games.

Tyeh true its the dude not the game he has a problem more then a normal gamer #ing psycho ay.

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
By the way people always say, how sad the world has become like this. Just remember it has always been like this, maybe way worse at times. Remember there's always good things in the world. There is a balance, good and bad.

Peace.

yeh tru balance between good and bad wish everyone was cool and good but hey if there was we wouldent have ats much
true? there has to be bad stuff i nthe world once in a while but sometimes it gets to far "/.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eevee
This really is the saddest story i have read for a while.
The awful truth is that this little girl isn't the first to suffer abuse while the pathetic mother turns a blind eye, and sadly she won't be the last

yeh i see alot of cases were a mother or father turns a blind eye like common just 1 word in can save things before thay become something over extent like in this case her daughter died from her bf attacking her with a controler like common must u be that stupid?.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Update!

A two-year-old Pennsylvania girl is dead, allegedly beaten to death by her mother's boyfriend. Police say Harve Johnson beat Darisabel Baez with a video game controller. He now faces murder charges.

Video Link

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well i hope they throw the book at the Mother also. The boyfriend may be a murderous, evil psychopath who cannot control his temper but what's her excuse?
The report said the little girl had been beaten for months, how that Mother could sleep at night i will never know.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eevee
Well i hope they throw the book at the Mother also. The boyfriend may be a murderous, evil psychopath who cannot control his temper but what's her excuse?
The report said the little girl had been beaten for months, how that Mother could sleep at night i will never know.

Your right ay he might have a lil excuse but her she has none whats so ever even though she did its her daughter if u know what i mean it aint something ordinary its life!. yeh we all wonder how most people sleep @ night now days with what thay do.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
unless this is another case, this is actually old news - couple of months maybe. the guy was abusive to start with and the media was trying to spin the incident as stemming from violent video games.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaadAdam

Ugh it sickens me when this happens. I say we slowly skin him and her mother.
To do such to innocents piss me off to NO end.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is truly a sad story. I don't like these type of 'breaking general news' but these atrocities are out there: And in this case a toddler had to die.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I don't know about had to die.
But that is speaking from the position of one with "White Knight's Syndrome" admittedly.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The article says the girls mother was 19 years old.. This is a prime example of why kids shouldn't have kids. Of course, some whacko conservative journalist will defend everyone's right to a child and blame this all on the videogame industry. Want to do your part in fixing society? Don't have kids until you are a grownup! Go to college, join the army, get a job, etc. Don't have kids until 25 or later.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
The article says the girls mother was 19 years old.. This is a prime example of why kids shouldn't have kids. Of course, some whacko conservative journalist will defend everyone's right to a child and blame this all on the videogame industry. Want to do your part in fixing society? Don't have kids until you are a grownup! Go to college, join the army, get a job, etc. Don't have kids until 25 or later.

Your right but i rekon dont have kids unless u know alot about having kids and taking care irekon thay should soon have a certifiad reason u can u need to go to a course for a couple days then u are allowed just so u dont do things like this or allow it.

top topics

join