It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible says Universe is billions of years old

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
In considering the extra terrestrial aspect of our past, does this mean that 6000 years ago was the time that our DNA was modified by the various races that have interacted with us and chose to modify us, and not far further in the past? Or was that 250,000 period beforehand a sort of "growing" phase for the modifications they made to fully blend in with our own native DNA? To give us time to adapt to it, as it were.

I wonder where you got the information about "extra terrestrial aspect of our past". I will really be thankful if can you give me the source details?

And, who are "they"? the ET's? The ET's then "modified" us by "choice"?

[edit on 4-9-2008 by spacerobo]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

Actually, there's evidence to suggest that two entirely different sets of information were maintained. One version of the past was maintained by the mainstream, who were the priests of the fertility gods and their nephilim kings, all descended from the sumerian Enki (biblical serpent in the garden?). The other was maintained, as described by Moses in Deutoronomy, as an oral tradition way before it was written down. I believe the reason for this was, the nephilim kings had enslaved the descendants of Adam.

So, therefore, they didn't copy the texts at babylon, they wrote them down at babylon. They may have compared notes but you might find this of interest:

in the biblical flood narrative, noah and his family were the only descendants of adam that were saved from the flood. the descendats of adam were from the biblical jehovah, whose sumerian equivalent may very well have been enlil.

in the epic of gilgamesh, it was the king of sumer who was saved from the flood. he was saved by enki. the king of sumer was a nephilim.

so when the text says in genesis 6:4 that there were nephilim in the earth in those days (Before the flood) and also after (after the flood), it literally means that.

enlil saved the human line.
enki saved the nephilim line.

if you ever get a hankering to learn more (hehe, always wanted to be able to use "hankering" in a sentence), look up the story of the 3 men who came to abraham and sarah, right before they went to destroy sodom and gomorrah and check the original languages used for every incidence of the word "man" and "Lord" in those verses in that chapter. you can do this by using a strong's exhaustive concordance online and doing a proper search to find those passages. you will be shocked, especially if you already know the story and thought it meant something else.

[edit on 4-9-2008 by undo]

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Where is this evidence? Seriously. Saying you have evidence is not the same as actually having it. Also evidence of something that doesn't have evidence is only evidence of your gullibility.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bjwsl

You are unable to make sense of the numbers he used in his equation because they are nonsensical.

You stated that it seems like he took every other number relating to days and years and started multiplying, and that's what he's done.

Even his first calculation about the 1 day=1,000 years is flawed.

If one was going to calculate that 1 day equals 1,000 years logically wouldn't you simply multiply the number of days in a year (365) times 1,000.

Why would the first move be to take 6 days from your year multiple it by 1,000, then take that number multiply it by the full year of 365, then times that by 1,000.

If you see that my reasoning is flawed please let me know it. Feel free to speak to me as if I were simple minded. I have a tendency to miss the meaning of things.

- The Prophetess

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Genesis Chapter 1 verse 28.

And God blessed them and God said unto them,
"Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the Earth,.......

Replenish means To Fill up Again????

Has The Earth been filled before?

How many times has this happened according to the bible????

Is this Not the First Time?????

Has the Earth existed before?????

Is this Like "Ground-Hog Day" ????

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
it's a good idea, when the text uses the word "man", to check the original hebrew word that it was translated from. the english translators called all kinds of things "man", some of which may not have been "man"at all. for example, in the verses preceeding the sodom and gomorrah story, sarah and abraham are met by 3 "men". at one point, one of them is called adonai. in one sentence, the word man is used twice but in hebrew is "ish" in one reference and "adam" in the other. i think if we're going to discuss and critique the contents of the bible, we better know what it originally said and make sure we know what it originally meant.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by undo]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The age of the universe = our current capability to detect energy at further and further distance. The better our technology gets the older the universe is.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Haha, well all I can say is that the bible says a lot of things, things which can contradict, make no sense or are impossible. Looking at a few remote pieces of scripture, putting them together and getting a whole different meaning like you have done is kinda like seeing faces or other familiar things in chaos.

Interesting interpretation though.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
Genesis Chapter 1 verse 28.

And God blessed them and God said unto them,
"Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the Earth,.......

Replenish means To Fill up Again????

Has The Earth been filled before?

How many times has this happened according to the bible????

Is this Not the First Time?????

Has the Earth existed before?????

Is this Like "Ground-Hog Day" ????

I eagerly wait for any thoughts on this passage in the bible, if any one has something to contribute on this.

A very small number of words, but is Critical to understanding What the bible is really about!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

With respect ,given enough motivational context,(un)conscious agenda and subjective interpretation,you can make abrahamic lore say just about anything.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The First Book of Moses called Genesis.

Hmmmmmm.

Quote:- Chapter 1 Verse 1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the Earth.

Verse 2

And the earth was without form, and Void;
and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon
the face of the Waters

Now stop right there everyone!!!!

Let's understand this simple passage!

Even so called, self proclaimed Christians, don't even notice what is written here and assume incorrectly.

First many would say, this is a contradiction, to say there was a face of the deep, especially that at this point ,the earth had No form, and was void.

I don't think so.....

If the Earth has No Form and is Void at this point, then The Face of The Deep Can Not refer to Sea Water of The Earth or any other Water of Earth.

So the Face of the Deep has to be something else!

As the face of the deep refers to water here, then;

What Water ????

What Deep????

What Face?????

Note the Heaven was formed First, so is this Face of the Deep, or Waters a Component of Heaven ????

If so, What is Heaven ???????

Perhaps we have to re-examine what these writings are really talking about, instead of rushing in, to display our Ignorance and total lack of understanding, of the most misrepresented and least understood book in the world.

I suggest to you, that their understanding in those days, regarding the true make-up of the Heaven, Heavens, the earth and our Universe was far different than, what we are made to believe it is today.

Notice I have related to 4 different components here!

And in fact I would go as far to say the Ancients may have had a better understanding back then, than today but in a much different way.

Truly we need to re-examine, what we believe and think we understand.

Many argue over these writings, but don't even understand the first 2 verses, in the first book of the bible called Genesis!

This includes church goers and self proclaimed so called Christians today.

There are also in existence many writings, some of which are called the "Adam Books" and ones referred to as "The Little Genesis".

This book that is in your bible, is only one of many different versions and is only the one selected, by the Jews and The Romans having chosen to include the Old testament being of Hebrew origin.

Many other writings also tell the same story but in different ways, according to their Cultures....

There is a Huge difference between Roman Doctrine (Referring to the bible) and the other denominations that came out of the Roman Church and what are The Christians, that went underground as to say, in order to Save and Protect The knowledge that has been from the beginning with regard to the make up and history of the Evolution of "The True Mind" or Life.

Christians are Not of a group of people, but rather are as lambs amongst wolves as it is written in your bible.

True Christians are solitary and are Not in Groups as they do Not rely upon Human thinking.

There is No mention of any Churches of human Primates whatsoever, in your bible, Not Roman or any other denomination.

Why ????

It was the Romans that introduced the word "church"!

The Original Greek writings refer to "The Assemblies of Lights" which are certainly Not human Primates and Not churches, as the Romans would have you believe today.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
there are bible scholars who believe in what they call the GAP THEORY.
if you look it up, you will notice that several christians (including myself) believe it to be very likely. for example:

Definition The gap theory postulates that an indefinite span of time exists between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2. This time span is usually considered to be quite large (millions of years) and is also reputed to encompass the so-called “geologic ages.” Proponents of the gap theory also postulate that a cataclysmic judgment was pronounced upon the earth during this period as the result of the fall of Lucifer (Satan) and that the ensuing verses of Genesis chapter 1 describe a re-creation or reforming of the earth from a chaotic state and not an initial creative effort on the part of God.

www.bible.org...

thus my theory is that the previous inhabitants were the angelic race known as seraphim. they had a time of testing, just as we are experiencing now. they rose to technological excellence, went out to colonize the planets and moons and became a technologically advanced species. then they joined the universal government, some didn't agree with it, and there was war. this resulted in the chaos you see in the opening words of genesis.

the earth was not created "tohu."

[edit on 4-11-2008 by undo]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I Quote you:- "thus my theory is that the previous inhabitants were the angelic race known as seraphim. they had a time of testing, just as we are experiencing now. they rose to technological excellence, went out to colonize the planets and moons and became a technologically advanced species. then they joined the universal government, some didn't agree with it, and there was war. this resulted in the chaos you see in the opening words of genesis.

the earth was not created "tohu."

seraphim ???????

I can assure you that seraphim have absolutely nothing at all to do with human Primates or any race.

The seraphim is one of the Components of The Ogdoad of the Soul.

What is known as an Angel is another Component of the Soul and is smaller in its Structure than The seraphim.

But The True nature of The Soul is Not known today by the general public.

In Fact even The Clergy are Ignorant of the True form of the Soul and what it actually is.

But it is quite easy to make a simple device that will allow you to see the soul and Study its Geometric Workings in full colour, yourself.

You will be able, to both see and study the workings of the seraphim, Angel, Cherubim and even the Archangel.

[edit on 5-11-2008 by The Matrix Traveller]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

i'm just basing it on biblical research i've done. seraphim is plural for seraph. seraph is translated "serpent" or "fiery serpent". your mileage may vary.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Quote your words "Definition The gap theory postulates that an indefinite span of time exists between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2."

I don't Think so !!!

The period of time you refer to isn't in earth days as at the stage that the first day being between Evening and Morning, because the Earth had No Form and was Void.....

So the Day period, has nothing at all to do with human Primates or Earth time, whether it is 1,000 years or 1,000,000 years or a simple day.

The time you are trying to extract here is totally meaningless in the terms of human primates....

I guess a little more work is required here.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

OK but what I am referring to, on my part, is the fact that I was declared Brain Dead, by Doctors for a period Longer than 30 minutes and I witnessed something totally different, than what human primates preach.

So I do Not have to interpret or Guess, I Know of these things being Not of Human Interpretation, but as they are, outside the world you know.

I prefer the knowledge of beyond the Grave, rather than human Primates try to tell me in their Ignorance of The All.

I have Also been to the "Marriage Supper" that most self proclaimed Christians desire to go to (as mentioned in your bible), but haven't been to.

So again I do Not have to Guess or Interpret.

But know First Hand.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Matrix Traveller

human primates? lol what's this new trend of calling people you disagree with monkeys?

and i was brain dead and in coma on total life support for 5 days. i don't consciously remember what happened. i suppose this means you're right and i'm a monkey. ah well, such is life. one guy's cow, another guy's genius.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

A monkey has a tail but a Primate has no tail showing as the Monkey does.

I hope you don't have that tail hiding in your cloths as that could be a worry.

Don't take this experience so personally as my comments wern't intended that way.

But I did get your attention now didn't I?

But anyway I can only say what I have seen and experience.

But don't be like them that either Love the Tree and Hate the fruit or Love the Fruit and hate the Tree.....

Just accept there are always others that know far more than you and me....

If I deny having been at Christ's Table at The Marriage Supper just to make you happy then I do you the Greatest disservice and I will Not Lie but witness this event.

If you doubt me then ask Jesus Christ and He will tell you if He wishes to whether or Not I am telling the Truth.

If you say I have Not been to the Marriage Supper then how can you possibly go if you reject both Him and me.

But if you study so much then Learn.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller
And in fact I would go as far to say the Ancients may have had a better understanding back then, than today but in a much different way.

Or, more logically, they believed the earth was flat sitting on top of infinite water. The bible also refers to the earth as a circle. What about the firmament? There is no firmament.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
human primates? lol what's this new trend of calling people you disagree with monkeys?

While I don't tend to agree with Matrix, to be fair, man is primate, or to be more specific, ape by definition. That's not the same as monkeys, however.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join