It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our life is a lie.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
All of us could be living a much better life than we currently are. Our lives are practically the same every day. Day in and day out we do the same job. We find ourselves doing one thing over and over. Why do we have this system when another system may exist? Our life is so monotonous. People like myself can never be fully satisfied with their lives unless their lives have variety in them. We have boring lives in the current system we live in.

How is it that people have not complained about this system of living for centuries and they thought that it was just fine?

I would like to see a radical change in the way we live in. Of course the changes in our lifestyle would be positive but I just would like for our lives to not be so boring if you know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Too true,we're slaves wether we like it or not. I'd love to be able to break free and run and frolic in the medows.Only way to do that in this day and age is to become self sufficiant.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
You know, when I get to thinking like this, I think about what if I were born in the depression, or an ethnic group targeted during WWII, or even today in countries where genocide, famine and war are your day to day existance.

Boring is a big woop. People who aren't in these situations and aren't fully satisfied will NEVER be fully satisfied no matter what they have. I would have to say anyone with a roof over their heads and food in their mouths have really got to get a grip while it lasts. You'll never survive a major meltdown.

Note: It's entirely possible the meltdown has begun. You may very well look back on today as the good ole days.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I think it's because most people don't think outside the box and don't realize that their lives could be different.

In the old days, when we lived together as tribes, people worked in the fields outside, hunting and gathering. I would imagine each day was a little different.

Now we work indoors, most of us, from 8 until 5 at a boring job. We are slaves basically, to corporations, to govt, to the PTB. And life is very expensive, so that we have to work hard in order to pay all the bills.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
as i i sat crying last night with my husband at my side. I realized and admited something terrifying.

I did as i pleased when i was younger.

Then i had a child , and now live as a true slave , for a goverment that always looms and hovers and threatens to take away my only reason for living.

My children.
For the love of my children i am forced to supplicate to a world where idiocy and cookie cutter mentality is nearly a requisite.

Its a sad day when the gov buts its nose into your home and demands to see your belongings because someone else thinks its unsafe to keep children AND guns in the same house.

*sigh*
and that is what happened to me yesterday. I may be bitter and my view skewed.

S

[edit on 9-4-2008 by survivalwoman]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Welcome to AWAKENING.

More and more people are realizing what you're saying.

Some may feel they can do nothing and just do nothing and go quietly into the night.
Others know they are only slaves if they allow them to be slaves. When you realize this, it's not TOO difficult to break away from the sparkling and plastic chains that bind us. The secret is to make a decision no matter how WILD the decision may look now, because in the future you get the certain that you took the right step by doing something most people (those not awaken now) may think it's crazy.

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalwoman

Normally my eyes just go through stories like these you're telling with no much to say.

But somehow now I can almost feel your frustration on my body itself.

How did it go?

I mean, did the gov dogs let you off the hook or you may have trouble in the future because of this?

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The fact that You've realized this and want to make a change is the first step. Others labor day in and day out never realizing that there is so much more to who We are, what we can become. As crazy as it sounds My husband and I have made 'plans' for Our family. We're on Our way to becoming self-sufficient and the hard laborous work that's done will benefit Us directly. We hope to live a simpler, cleaner life. It's amazing how once you set Your mind to something how things almost automatically fall into place. Will We reach our goal? I hope so. If not then maybe I'm setting something into motion that My children can benefit from. I'll let Ya know when We 'get there'!

Peace. K*

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I believe that our life is a lie not only because of how we do the same thing over and over but that how we're hardly offered the opportunity to do something new. Most people aren't aware of the world. They don't know what's going on. I'm sure there are many things I could do that I am not aware of and neither are you. If our lives could have a normalcy and we could still do what we want we could live our lives the way they are meant to be lived. You know what I am saying? We can't be sitting on our lazy butts in front of the Television forever. That's just too boring. We need to get out and do something in the real world.

We can make our life different by changing our habits. If we change our habits we can change the way we do things. Most people don't want to change their habits because they don't realize that what they are doing is such a bad thing. You know? They are practically killing their bodies with their daily activities. They need to change what they are doing.

The government could change the way our current society is if they wanted to. Our government is unfortunately bound to a system in which it is prohibited from making progress. It sees that people in our nation are happy with what they got so they don't see the need to change it. I'm not saying it needs to be changed right away but they should change our society gradually. If our society is to be changed, the surroundings of our society needs to be changed, our infrastructure needs to be changed, our technology needs to be changed, and, all of the other things needs to be changed as well.

I firmly believe that in order to change our lives we must make the first step in doing so. The next step needs to be made by the government. The government must take more initiative to educate people in order so that they have a better future. If more people were more educated they would have better jobs and better lifestyles. Under this current system only the rich and famous get the life style everyone wants. If everyone was able to live the way they wanted the lifestyle of the rich and famous wouldn't seem like that much of a deal.

I just think that a lot of people are boring and that's because they think life is boring. Our society needs to change. Our society is becoming dull.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Life is about paying bills. Everybodys goal is to pay off their bills. Pay off their house, cars, credit cards, put the rest in retirement.

It shouldnt be like this. When you think about it, you work 30 years to pay off a house that your not going to live in much longer than that.

Were programmed to believe our lifes goal is to be a homeowner by the time we die. The American dream.

I would love to own my own home. But is that really the purpose of life?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I agree. The point of life is not just to own a house. True happiness doesn't only come from wealth. A lot of people here in America would only be satisfied with nothing more than money. They like nothing more but to get a paycheck after a week's worth of work. I don't understand the reasoning behind this. I have learned to not be so dependent on the idea of money. When I was a little kid I would ask my mom for a lot of money for a lot of things. I now am not so dependent on money as much as I was before.

Nowadays, as long as I have a good book to read, I don't really care whether I want a video game, or, that I want to see some movie that is coming out. I like reading books all the time. More people should like to read books. I believe by reading books I become more open minded than those that don't read books and therefore by doing that I am able to learn new things.

If you read a book that is written by a good author you will probably find that you will like the book. More people should read. I believe that if they read they would probably find that they are able to think better because of it and they can make better decisions in their own life because they can read an account of some experience through someone else's point of view and they can see what they can do differently if they were in the same position.

Good reading requires thinking. Thinking to understand the book you are reading. If everyone in the United States read a book a week, I bet, the average IQ of people here would shoot up a lot. The unfortunate thing is that not a lot of Americans read. If more people here did, trust me, the people of the United States would be a lot smarter, more smarter than they are now, and, they would be more open minded.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Agents of satan created this mess. This is not what the Creator wanted for us.

We're TAX slaves, with the Gov't creating more debt, not to mention more cash as it wishes.

We will have so much debt and things will cost so much, that folks will be screaming for the enemy that created this mess, to do something about it, and the something will not be pretty at all.

We all see the one step forward along with the two steps back but we have no control and are stuck with it. The MONEY TRUSTS took over and have been in control, by first making the depression last longer than it should have lasted, then stealing our wealth by not having the dollar backed by gold nor silver anymore, so we all have FIAT money, that is good until the traitors decide to make the next move.

Who is gonna go along with the one world gov't? and who will tell them to screw off ?

Sorry, but that's the way I see it.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My main gripe is not about money, or, like, you know, the work world, but, it is really about the way our society is set up, or, how people act in it.

It is unfortunate that there are a lot of people that don't care about school. People who don't care about school don't realize how them not caring about school affects them and they don't realize how badly not doing well in school could alter their path in life from inaction.

We learn in school. Students that don't learn in school may end up getting jobs that don't require a lot of thinking that you have to do and that's why you see so many people attain certain kinds of jobs that you would otherwise think would not be appropriate. A lot of people just with a high school diploma have hard times finding good jobs. It seems these days that you have to get a college degree to get a good job. A lot of people don't feel as though they are cut out to it.

I bet that if more people were educated that life would be differently than it is now. More people take things the way they are. They don't question themselves and they like things to be constant. I like a little consistency in my life but I would get bored if all of my life was the same.

I think that local governments of each state should set up programs that would help the average citizen that doesn't do much to get involved with their community so the world would be a better place. If each person helped out with their community we would be able to reduce the amount of problems each person has with their self esteem, or, with their life, and, I believe then that less people would rely on money.

The goal of life is not to make as much money as you can or to have the biggest house or a condo or some other fancy thing in your life. The goal of life is to really do all that you can do in your life. A lot of people don't know what they can do. People should become more aware of the world and spend the 5 hours they spend watching TV doing something outside, helping a neighbor, or, like, even developing a hobby.

People need productive lives.

The work world is great but the way that people act in it is wrong. You know?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Life is a constant struggle between seeking security and looking for excitement. But it doesn't have that much to do with "society," it has more to do with you, personally. Yeah, we all get in ruts where we do the same thing every day and go to our boring jobs and just try to get through life. And when that happens, we need to get up away from the computer and TV and do something different. Take a class in something. Get a hobby. Get drunk and sing karaoke. Go on a multi-state spree of some kind involving automatic weapons, hard women, gasoline and small, unmarked bills.

The best way to get out of your boredom is to start planning something. Pick something you'd like to do or someplace you'd like to go. Climb Mount Everest. Think you can't do it? Start planning. It's not as impossible as it might first seem. And the actual planning of the trip will amazingly take a lot of the boredom away.

But don't worry. When the NWO takes over, they'll supposedly round everybody up and put them in slavery prison camps. You won't be bored, then.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
considering i've been through three seperate jobs in the past 6 months, i hardily think you coud say my life is "practically the same everyday".

You lack relative awareness.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If there is anything I've learned in my life is (pardon the cliche) never let dreams die. I could work to build a family, buy a house, and go get my masters, but none of that is what I am passionate about right now.

So there needs to be balance..
If I lived in the now I would continue to live the dangerous lifestyle that I am and never care about the consequences.
If I lived for the future, I would be miserable for now to get what I needed and continue to be miserable for the rest of my life because it would become the norm.

So live in the now, but always think ahead.

I could do the safe thing and keep my current job, living comfortably numb, but paying bills...
or....
I could go on tour this summer playing music and making nil doing it, as my school loans and credit cards collect interest.

For now, I will do the latter, because I am young, stupid, and an idealist. Its fun to be that way, but I need to evolve at some point.

The thing about this scenario is that we all want the world to be different, but it isn't perfect for anyone, so we need to do what we can to survive with the highest level of happiness we can.

In some places, for some people, sometimes, it just isn't possible.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

i agree the our lives are a lie,
If "however" we got here wanted us to work an everyday job, working for people of higher power then yourself, then the world would have started that way. Everyone is there own, and should not be forced into any one occupation, home, country, ext.

life as we know it, could, should, but wont be changed now..
but its too bad, because it could have been so much more exciting

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Many moons ago, when the Chinese were still wise, they had a saying for those on whom they wished the worst to happen:

"May your life be interesting."

Think about it.

Besides, if you're relying on something outside of yourself to keep you amused, then you're looking in the wrong direction anyway.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I see a lot of silly stuff in this thread. "Life is about..."..I think life is about choosing what you think life is about. Some people want to be outside all the time, some people want to watch TV, some people want to read books, some people want to play basketball. Life is different for everybody, it's not fair to place your values on other people. Different people want different things out of life, and as long as your happy (and not hurting someone else) then you're living your life to the fullest. Why do others care what someone does with their life? That's ridiculous.

And people aren't slaves. You have options, but freedom of choice does not mean freedom from consequences. If you don't want to be a slave to your job, quit your job. It's that simple. If you have a mortgage and credit card debt, well..whose fault is that? It's not like society made you buy those things. If you have kids to take care of? Well, those are the choices you've made. People need to stop blaming everyone else for their own problems.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by White Chapel

Okay two things. I am not trying to force my beliefs on anyone and I am not trying to make other people change their lives because I don't like the way they are. I just don't like how we are given limited freedom. We shouldn't be forced to work for our entire lives. What is the freedom in that? You have to remember that before the civil war there were these things called slaves. Then, there were managers who ran factories and gave workers poor working condition, and this was in the 20th century. Women worked on factories on World War II to work for building weapons and other things that the army needed during World War II when the men were at war. What kind of freedom do we have when we are constantly at war or we have our civil liberties constantly being taken away from and what kind of freedom do we have when our jobs are being outsourced to other countries?

Can we get the jobs we want if they are outsourced to other countries? No, we are then forced to take the jobs that the industries of the USA wants us to take here, because, they think that more of us would be able to do those jobs rather than the ones they think are extremely technical.

That is just one example. We are slaves to the system. There is no way out of the system. You have to live with the system and live with what you do. The system is all around you. It's everywhere. Even in your home you are still bounded by a certain system that controls your life. Once a mind is connected to the system they are permanently connected. The system has a lot of minds. Those minds who aren't connected to the system end up being isolated.

We are slaves in some way or another whether we like it or not. We are given what little personal freedom we have so that we don't rebel against our bosses and the people in power. Look at what happens in history when a civilian population isn't given a lot of freedom when it is under tight control from the government. The US government is trying to manipulate the freedom we have so it can control us and limit our free will to only our personal lives so that they can make us industrial slaves. For most people, their industrial lives take up all their time, when they return home from work, they are tired, and they can't do anything.

I believe dependency is the same thing as slavery. As long as we are dependent on something we will be slaves to it. How is that free will?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join