It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater Bulks Up Air Power Using Little-Known Company

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Thanks Riposte, You have perfectly justified my point.

''The SS (Blackwater) and Republican Guard (Blackwater) were government military entities (Blackwater hired by US department of defence) that followed a fascist dictator's (Bush / Cheney) political ideology and agenda (Bush Administration), which included political witch hunts and genocide (Iraq), among other things'' (among everything).

See, everything has its place in US politics.

Need I say any more? (LMAO)

Brei.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Seems like we have quite a group of well-educated types here. Now let's move on to some challenging material. 'Cause I got some serious questions for you if you can all agree on the basics:

Does anyone wish to refute that our local mercenary army is currently providing manpower and administration of the approximately (how many?) facilities constructed within the last decade or so? (not being coy, I've heard different numbers between 100 - 350 completed, thus far)

On the presumption that this doesn't seem to be 'news' to you guys and there are no contentions as to the fact that their actual purpose (or how they will be operated) has not been firmly determined (we know how they might be used, but no one has leaked any info regarding 'plans' for these 'facilities')

What percentage of their 'soldiers' are idle right now? I believe we can get a fair estimate of their 'active duty' types in urban pacification roles. We know they are 'hard core' security service providers for black ops research facilities, diplomatic body guards, executive protection services (in practice the same as diplomatic protection except the 'support' intelligence aspect which adds a whole new sleaze factor).

Putting these together I am considering an op-sec profile of a para-military organization that has no 'strategic' purpose - which might be a very good cover for just the opposite. This organization parades itself as a 'business', yet we have top-tier leadership virtually renowned for an very specific ideologically bent.

Anyone care to comment on the range of operations a military organization of its size and make-up might be capable of? Can we overlay recent legislation introduced regarding related scenarios? Can we determine legal precedents established by a nation-state openly employing such an entity both locally and domestically?

I know it seems very troubling - where this might lead - but I ask because we (the actual citizens of the United States, not the corporate-fascist slave state some fear) must , if denied the transparency we demand, actually shine a light on it, expose it's every activity - without conjecture - we need actual operations defined, who they work for, who represents them in both business and government (and they are NOT one and the same person.)

I want to know if this face man and his alleged personality represent the actual driving force behind these 'soldiers of fortune'. Or is he just window dressing.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hi Max,

With respect, I don’t know who you aimed your post at or what you were seeking. Otherwise, I have provided below a sample of citations in addition to what I have already stated / cited re: the Blackwater. Re: Prince – I have already outlined his politics briefly.
BARRY YEOMAN: Blackwater is a small player in a very big field. We have seen ten-fold growth in private military firms since 1991 when we were in the first Gulf War, we typically hear about Halliburton and Dynacorp. They really are big players. However, Blackwater is a small company that has very big dreams. It was founded by a group of Navy Seals. It’s headed by a former Navy Seal, who told me his goal was to build the largest private army in the world. He has talked about expanding to serve militaries in France and other places, and right now has contracts that he says are so secret that he is not able to tell one branch of the Feds that he’s working for a different branch of the Feds. They provide all sorts of military services. As you know, with no-bid contracts sometimes they stop short of combat, but it’s often hard to see the line between what’s combat and what’s not combat.
www.democracynow.org...
In an interview regarding Prince, JEREMY SCAHILL stated: ‘’Even I’m actually glad that Mr. Prince put forward that definition of “mercenary.” I mean, there’s all sorts of definitions that one can apply to the term “mercenary,” but he says it’s a professional soldier serving a foreign power. Now, according to Prince’s Op-Ed, it would seem as though Blackwater is just this team of patriotic Americans serving their country. But the fact of the matter is that Blackwater has recruited, hired and deployed mercenaries from countries like Colombia, Chile, Bulgaria, Poland, Fiji—the list goes on and on’’.
‘’In the case of Chile, this is a country whose home government is against the war in Iraq, refused to join that ‘coalition of the willing’. So the Bush administration was able to turn to Blackwater and the coalition of the billing, to go in and hire up Chilean mercenaries who are professional soldiers serving a foreign power in the employ of Blackwater USA, which is a mercenary company. Blackwater’s founder gives the very definition of what Blackwater does. They hire up professional soldiers and enlist them to fight on behalf of a foreign power. So according to his own definition, Blackwater engages in mercenary activities’’.
‘’As to the other part of it, where Erik Prince is saying that they haven’t provided security services for any other country, he may be very narrowly talking about, we haven’t guarded a foreign official or something, but let’s be clear here. Blackwater has gone into Azerbaijan, a nation whose security forces have an atrocious human rights record. They’ve set up a ninety-man Azerbaijani unit with a training program modeled after the US Navy Seals. They set up a command and control center in Baku, which juts out into the Caspian Sea, in Azerbaijan. Blackwater has trained Jordanian attack helicopter forces. So, you know, I’m not sure how Mr. Prince is defining “security” here, but I would say setting up a ninety-man Azerbaijani unit in a country with a very questionable human rights record, that’s providing security services to another country’’.
Scahill continues, ‘’We have seen this system run rampant for four years. We have billions of dollars in taxpayer money being given to companies who are acting in the name of the people of the United States, and there’s been very little effective oversight’’.
www.democracynow.org...

I am not an American citizen, therefore I can look into the problem. These soldiers of fortune join the Blackwater for a reason – money. They have served their time, why serve it again?

As for Prince, see above his mission and contradictions.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Thank you kindly. It was an open question. Since answers were scarce I thin everyone is generally in agreement about some of the premises I'll work from. Thanks for the additional info. I have some analysis to do.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
Thanks Riposte, You have perfectly justified my point.

''The SS (Blackwater) and Republican Guard (Blackwater) were government military entities (Blackwater hired by US department of defence) that followed a fascist dictator's (Bush / Cheney) political ideology and agenda (Bush Administration), which included political witch hunts and genocide (Iraq), among other things'' (among everything).

See, everything has its place in US politics.

Need I say any more? (LMAO)

Brei.

Breifne beat me to it. Riposte Ive dont a little research and it seems alls you do is go from thread to thread and bash and never have any good info to back it. Breifne summed it up quite well and if you really research Blackwater and Im not going to find all of the links for you just for your rude comments you will find that there are a lot of similarities between actions of Blackwater and those organizations. All of that aside even if they were perfect prissy priss and never did anything wrong they still are in illegal company according to our constitution. Heres an Idea Riposte try reading the constitution even though I dont think it is in picture format for people like you to understand.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riposte

Originally posted by projectvxn
You know you talk alot without saying much. You ask for everyone to hand you information on a plate instead of going to look for it. And then when one of us does provide the information to you, you go on tirades.

Don't you think that is getting old?

Boo hoo. Thanks for admitting that he's wrong though.

You know I gotta tell ya. After coming back to the thread and letting the conversation grow a bit...I was right...Again. You show up. Say nothing but whatever you hear on Fox news. Provide no informed argument of your own and expect everyone to swallow your crap because you're just skirting the rules a bit. No harm done right? How many threads have you derailed because you just felt like you weren't getting enough attention? Seriously it's not appreciated. ATS is for educated discussion. Not this.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

ASI,

Awesome post about Blackwater. I started one a week ago and I want you to contribute to it if you would.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Want It Or Not...

Again, great thread.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I posted this on the last post at the Blackwater thread I've got started as I thought I'd make more people aware of more facts and stuff by letting them know your thread was out here as well.

Here are some more ATS poster's interesting Blackwater threads that I felt you might like to take a look. I put the ATS member's name before the thread so you can get to know them more. I never knew there was any other Blackwater threads so I went finding all of the stuff I did on My own and with all of your contributions as well.

GrOuNd_ZeRo :

Blackwater.

AllSeeingI

Blackwater Bulks Up Air Power Using Little-Known Company

Qwas

Blackwater Security Firm now in NOLA

deltaboy

Blackwater rescuing and evacuating the Polish ambassador.

I have as yet not had the time to thoroughly dig through them to see if we all ended up using any similar materials. I will tell you this that if that is so then it is by mere coincidence.

[edit on 9-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Maybe when the US government turns on their citizens they will use blackwater to do it.

I know alot of military people that would not do it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join