It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and tired of everything that's going on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I've been a member here for about a year and I have no idea what is going on here. I read the threads about the conspiracies, corruption, etc. and nothing ever gets done. What good is it to "deny ignorance" when we don't do anything with the truth. We all want the corruption, lies, war, gas prices rocketing up, home forclosures, the dollar decreasing, immigration, locking up people who smoke a little weed, and whatever else you can think of, we need it to stop. But what gets done, nothing.

Obviously everybody here wants something to happen but there needs to be more people to actually change any of this. The average American (I know there are some ATS members outside the states, but I'm not up to date on your country. Sorry.) is more worried about which no talent wannabe is going to win "American Idol" than the person who is going to run this country. It's disgusting!

WE NEED A REVOLUTION! We need the majority of people to actually understand what is going on. We need to stop being a country of worthless sheep. "To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf". I have an idea, which may or may not work.

There was a thread I read about starting an ATS newpaper, that can be done. Every week, or month, the people we choose to write the paper writes a page or two post it on a thread we print it out and stick it in peoples mail boxes, doors, and pass it out by hand. In the paper we can not include certain things though. Like lizard people: or whatever it is UFO's: does it really matter for our livelyhood? Politics: it has to be 100% unbiased and eveybody has different opinions. Conspircaies: we need facts not speculation. After a while if there are enough followers we march in the streets, go to Washington, or whatever else we can do.

I would love to do this but I'm not smart enough and I can't even convince my family about anything I try to tell them. I have no idea who should run this project hopefully you guys do.

If this is a stupid idea I apologize in advance.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by KingJames56]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Pssssst, I'm whispering so nobody else hears me.

I believe it is against the terms and conditions to try to enlist members to become activist.

I can sympathize with you as I am an old hippie protester from waaaaay back.

If you do some research you will find a site that deals with worldwide protest, dates, events and such. I found the site when our city hosted the G8 convention a few years ago on Sea Island, Georgia.

You can do a virtual protest also. I am on a virtual march right this minute concerning an environmental issue.

As far as needing a revolution, yes you are right. Revolution has to begin in each persons heart. I truly believe ATS is helping to enlighten us and start our awakening to the bare bones facts about our society and it's ills.

Good luck my friend......stand strong in your convictions.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Didn't you know that education is the new revolution?

People can only change things when they know about them. The more we know, the more we discuss, the more change we invoke. Cultural revolutions are much, much more effective in the long term.

Deny Ignorance, and you've made a start in changing the world.

new topics

join