It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demons Created All Non-Christian Mythology!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
God is the light and the creator of this universe........Satan is the dark and will be in darker when the 7 years has started and ended. Their play kingdom will start to fall apart.

reply to post by Cythraul

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
Not sure where you are getting your information, but someone is leading you on a wild goose chase.

I could very much say the same to you my friend. You got your info from a book written about 1000-3000 years ago, I got my info from traditions and discoveries ranging from 5000 years ago to the present day. One of our sources is lying. I believe mine to be the truth and you believe yours to be the truth. We won't change each other's mind so if it's ok with you, I'll go back to my 'Satan worship' - as you'd so call it.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
) fair enough. Can't say much to that.

reply to post by Cythraul

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Actually this whole idea of the "Rapture" is unbiblical...it was all begun by a "mystical" Scottish girl in the Highlands about 150 years ago (give or take a few years) and was picked up by an Englishman named Darby who spread her notions all over the place. It always astonishes me that people who pride themselves on being "Bible Christians" can believe in something that isn't even in the Bible--and believe in a notion that didn't exist until a couple of centuries ago (or less)! Do you think 1800 years of Christians beforehand were just too stupid to pick on the "Rapture" notion?!

And I just knew the "Illuminati" would show up sooner or later!

[edit on 4/14/08 by abovereproach]

[edit on 4/14/08 by abovereproach]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I am GOD, no one can truly dispute this fact! I command all my people to send 5 Euros to (with self addressed envelope for a thank you card)
Religion is for the weak, those that are to weak to stand on there own two feet!If it wasn't for organised religion humanity would be hundreds of years ahead of where it is now, I personely blame christianity for not being able to go to my second home in the asteroids (that should be floating above our planet) in my personel space shuttle from star trek, and then going to see some friends in the nearest habitable star! I wonder if there is a court case there??

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
When the Sumerian text were discovered and found to be millennia older than the 5 books of Moses that make up Genesis and the Jewish Torah, they began to look at the story in Sumerian text and see the similarities. Here are some: In the Sumerian text, Enki created mankind and named the first successful human, he named him "Adapa" which became Adam in the books of Moses. Enki, falling in love with mankind and seeing himself responsible for them, he was forced to promise the counsel of the God's (mainly his father Anu and his brother Enlil) that he would not tell humanity about the coming flood and let them perish. This was decided on because man was seen to have far more potential than they were created to have, being the image of Enki; they were created with a highly advanced spirit and intelligence (especially being that Enki was seen as the Master of Science) among all the God's. To the counsel it was more of a scientific and egotistical decision. They did not want mankind to "become like the god's".

Enki covertly rescued the human man Ziusudra, known also as Gilgamesh, by either instructing him to build some kind of a boat for his family, or by bringing him into the heavens in a magic boat. This is apparently the oldest surviving source of the Ark myth and other parallel Middle Eastern Deluge myths.

Now the way this was done is humorous. Because he promised not to TELL MAN, he told about the coming flood to a wall with his friend Ziusurda (who would later be named Noah in the Hebrew text). When Enlil found that Ziusurda and his family survived, he became enraged. Seeing this as the perfect opportunity to get top status with Anu, he called Enki to the counsel. When Anu asked his firstborn, why he would break his promise, Enki responded that he NEVER promised that he would never tell about the flood to a WALL! If Ziusudra had heard him, that wasn't Enki's fault because he was literally "talking to the wall"! This is actually where we got this term (talk to the wall) from. Also, we see a relation to the words of Enki, spoken to Adapa in the Books of Moses as well.

“In the clay, god and Man shall be bound,
To a unity brought together;
So that to the end of days
The Flesh and the Soul
Which in a god have ripened -
That Soul in a blood-kinship be bound;
As its Sign life shall proclaim.
So that this not be forgotten,
Let the "Soul" in a blood-kinship be bound.”

In further study of the Sumerian text, scientists and historians alike agree that it is in this text, that all the questions of the Hebrew text are fully answered. Sitchen has said that "It seems that all the other ancient texts are edited versions of the far older, and far more detailed Sumerian text"

They say that to find something pure is to see it before anyone had gotten a hold of it and altered it. The "Epic of Creation" in the Sumerian record, along with the perfection of the knowledge of the Solar System and the cycles of time on a galactic level, has shown that it is indeed, the original to which all others have been based. To say that demons came first to distort the truth is distorted itself. It is a way of justification for trying to replace that which is in itself, complete.

A closing point...if Darkness is so "evil", why is it the most prevailing Force in the Universe? Science has already proven that the "void" of space, is not void at all, but is filled with massive energy. It is through the Darkness that the faintest of light can be seen.

[edit on 02/13/2007 by ForceMaster]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ForceMaster

Thank you ForceMaster. Such a comprehensive demonstration of Biblical and pre-Biblical comparison was sorely needed in this thread. Why Christians would try to (quite literally) demonize something so synomynous with their own legends is beyond me. But, well, I think the thread has pretty much exhausted that debate.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
its actually the other way around.....the alleged aliens are actually the demons and fallen angels that exist. They call them aliens so as to deceive. One of the greatest achievements of Satan was to convince the world [except for his followers] that he doesn't exist at all.

Or the aliens could be, you know..........ALIENS!
How demons and angels are somehow more plausible than aliens I'll never understand.

So are all these other planets and galaxies are just here for us to look at with our pretty telescopes?
And who are the 'they' that call 'them' aliens to decieve us?
And how do you know all of this?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
hey well i see i there really is someone else who is on here with alot of sanity and also very happy to see the other evil faces behind big brother mammon too ha ha ha ha i hate him so much we've been at each others throats for so long now ha ha ha but one thing i wanna cover cythraul your name i know the meaning okay it can be also wound down to the adversary which is what satan means one long shot if i were an uneducated person would prolly have mentioned the demon of chaos but i am familar with the older meaning of your name....older welsh is something im very familar with like arthur most translate it to bear or rare other versions like a roman version but it too is older meaning you wanna take a guess the stone or the statue funny don't you think but he fought against pagans as well but they were not the fun peace loving image they promote today Godless people killing and sacrificing raping the innocence until arthur and his knights came through and took care of them.something i do wish to again address before there was Christianity these still was Judaism and there are many many references to satan and demons in these old texts and there still was a God mentioned in the Torah hmmm oh and ONE MORE THING you mention again that this idea of a the demon fabrication of all mythology was defended by only Christians and they invented this ideology as a defense against well i myself do not stem this from the christian defense i extend it from the truth the book of Enoch a prophet who was the grandson of Abel meaning the fourth generation of man wrote of how azazel the true name of zeus came and bothered humanity along with other demons this text would be about 8 or 9 thousand years old interesting that it mentions demons and how Angel came down to suppress it and the same fight waged on and on and the greeks wrote it as a tussle between the gods of olympus and titans so this book of Enoch falls under the pre-Cristian category but i mean you put something like i believe what i believe and you cant change that..... pfft so that hasn't stopped me yet people run around saying it's okay to be homosexual and be a christian cause God will forgive them i still fight against them even though i know it wont change them.....a great example and allegory for your life would be if you were standing there and one of your friends was gonna kill himself you wouldnt see him there about to kill himself and he says"I'm gonna do it there's nothing you can do to stop me!!" do you say okay you got a point leave go down to an ice cream parlor get some ice cream and your okay....i really hope you said no truth is most would have stayed there and tried to help their friend out argued with him why life is more worth living because it is.....the point is life is worth living and so an eternal life where when you enter into the big part of it is even more worth living.......just like you killing yourself would separate you from all your friends and family so will a life of Godlessness there is only one way....This is for all of you out there of faith too.if you meet someone who denies God and lives a pagan life or just atheist,remember it just as if you've walked in on your friend about to kill himself do not take the first no you gotta Fight! listen to the truth and answer their call for help their cry for life.I hear it every morning people yelling people crying over lost love ones.i pray everyday that today would be the first day to lead to end of the world but then i remember there are still so many lost sheeple out there and so many pastatarians.people who put their faith in other flawed peoples hand because they think they are leaded in the right direction but truth or God is not found by mixing red cherry,sugar and water..........behold he knocks let him in.......remember cythraul you are not dealing with any ordinary person your dealing with someone who's spent his life everyday worshiping God and use to have one wing covered in blood i am a warrior of God i fought for him when he was full of wrath for the wicked and now full of grace and love for his lost sheeple '
'

[edit on 14-4-2008 by thestatue]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
"Actually this whole idea of the "Rapture" is unbiblical..."

*****Someone is lying to you. Its completely Biblical and an event that is going to happen. It is mentioned all through the New Testament in more places that one can imagine. If you are interested I can overload this post with references.

reply to post by abovereproach

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

Knock yourself out. I'll just sit here with my little awl, poking holes in stuff.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Naboo the Enigma

I don't know a lot about atheism but if you are an atheist why would you care about god or religion, isn't it your belief that gods do not exist? And if so then this post should make some sense to you. I try not to put much faith in books like the bible and don't belive too much in demons being anything other than a state of mind, but the idea is interesting and just another thing that will never be proven.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
"It always astonishes me that people who pride themselves on being "Bible Christians" can believe in something that isn't even in the Bible-"

*****Don't you think that people actually read these posts and that people actually reads the Bible.

THE "DAY OF THE LORD" - THE TIMING OF ITS START
1 Thessalonians 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

www.seedsoftruth.org...

The important differences between the Rapture and Second Coming are as follows:

(1) At the Rapture, believers meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At the Second Coming, believers return with the Lord to the earth (Revelation 19:14).

(2) The Second Coming occurs after the great and terrible Tribulation (Revelation chapters 6-19). The Rapture occurs before the Tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

(3) The Rapture is the removal of believers from the earth as an act of deliverance (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; 5:9). The Second Coming includes the removal of unbelievers as an act of judgment (Matthew 24:40-41).

(4) The Rapture will be “secret” and instant (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). The Second Coming will be visible to all (Revelation 1:7; Matthew 24:29-30).

(5) The Second Coming of Christ will not occur until after certain other end-times events take place (2 Thessalonians 2:4; Matthew 24:15-30; Revelation chapters 6-18). The Rapture is imminent; it could take place at any moment (Titus 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54).

The word "rapture" does not occur in the Bible. The concept of the Rapture, though, is clearly taught in Scripture. The Rapture of the church is the event in which God removes all believers from the earth in order to make way for His righteous judgment to be poured out on the earth during the Tribulation period. The Rapture is described primarily in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15:50-54. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 describes the Rapture as God resurrecting all believers who have died, giving them glorified bodies, and then departing the earth with those believers who were still alive, who have also been given glorified bodies. "For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever" (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

1 Corinthians 15:50-54 focuses on the instantaneous nature of the Rapture and on the glorified bodies we will receive. "Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed - in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed" (1 Corinthians 15:51-52). The Rapture is the glorious event we should all be longing for. We will finally be free from sin. We will be in God's presence forever. There is far too much debate over the meaning and scope of the Rapture. This is not God’s intent.

Its there.......and always has been. its only mentioned a few times in the Old testament.

reply to post by abovereproach

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Um the old testament is parts of the Torah, the Jewish holy book and they don't really have much on a after life.
Definitely not a hell. Which is required for revelations and the devil.

They believe in Sheol. Which is neither a place of punishment or reward.

Sheol (pronounced "Sheh-ole")[1], in Hebrew שאול (Sh'ol), is the "abode of the dead", the "underworld", "the common grave of humankind" or "pit".[2] In the Hebrew Bible, it is a place where both the bad and the good, slave and king, pious and wicked must go at the point of death.[3] Sheol is the common destination of both the righteous and the unrighteous dead, as recounted in Ecclesiastes and Job.

Sheol is sometimes compared to Hades, the gloomy, twilight afterlife of Greek mythology. The word "hades" was in fact substituted for "sheol" when the Hebrew scriptures were translated into Greek (see Septuagint). The New Testament (written in Greek) also uses "hades" to refer to the abode of the dead.

By the second century BC, Jews who accepted the Oral Torah had come to believe that those in sheol awaited the resurrection either in comfort (in the bosom of Abraham) or in torment. This belief is reflected in Jesus' story of Lazarus and Dives. At that time Jews who rejected the Oral Torah believed that Sheol meant simply the grave.

Anglicans, who do not share a concept of "hades" with the Eastern Orthodox, have traditionally translated "sheol" (and "hades") as "hell" (for example in the King James Version). However, to avoid confusion of what are separate concepts in the Bible, modern English versions of the Bible tend either to transliterate the word sheol or to use an alternative term such as the "grave" (e.g. the NIV). Roman Catholics generally translate "sheol" as "death."

Source: Sheol @ wikipedia.com

[edit on 15-4-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thestatue

I apologise if I don't cover all your points. You rambled a bit there so it's difficult to pick them out.

- Judaism is older than Christianity - of course. But you have to recognise the differences between Judaism and Christianity. Did you know that barbaric animal sacrifice was common until about 700BC? And earlier than that, the Jews probably sacrificed humans in the name of God. Doesn't sound very Christian to me. In fact, it sounds more like the barbaric image of Pagans you have. Besides this, Judaism is old, but not as old as the ancient Pagan religions. A vast amount of knowledge was harboured during the Megalithic period - resulting in the pyramids of Egypt and stone circles of Western Europe. These monuments hold sacred geometrical information which the people believed brings them closer to the gods. We are still learning from them.

- Even if Cythraul means 'the adversary' (and I've never heard of that translation), what's wrong with adversaries? Surely adversaries are necessary to challenge wrongdoers. Lucifer simply question God and for his courage in doing so was expelled.

- I like your suicide allegory. If a friend of mine wanted to commit suicide, I'd try and stop them sure. So perhaps I should try and save you from this religion that has blinded you. I mean, you seem like a well-meaning person so it'd be a shame to see you spend your life restricted by Biblical dogma.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
one final thing you again have forgot my main point i am not blinded by christianity i understand there were other religions but they occurred long after man fell from eden because an actual religion didnt exist it was kinda people knew god existed but then people fell so hard and were decieved into believing in other people

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by thestatue

How old do you believe the universe is? There were Pagan/esoteric religions in existence more than 10,000 years ago.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Christians have begun demonizing everyone but themselves.

Whatever happened to forgiveness and tolerance?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
okay so i believe you are not understanding this concept.....Angels were created before the earth.....i was there with adam and eve in the garden i was there when satan was in the garden we chased him out........and i was there to help adam build his house i was there when cain was born not abel though i missed him being born but i saw cain being born......i was there when seth had his kid i didnt follow cain to nod it wasnt till the generation of cains grandchildren that i went to nod......the earth has been around for about 11,000 years my age i would say im prolly around ohh uh almost 2 googol now this is not a presise time but a rough estimate i'm not as old as some of my brothers though

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The idea that we end up in heaven uppon death is a modern and very false, misleading doctrine. When we die we end up in She'ol or the Land of Death. Why would there be a ressurection of the dead if everyone was in heaven? No, the souls go to She'ol or Greek Hades. This place isn't hell allthough the King James Version translates Hades into Hell. The word hell comes from Norse Hel, the pagan goddess of the Dead who ruled Helheim, a fiery underground place of punnishment for those who for some reason didn't die in battle or died from desease etc.

There is no mention in the bible about dead people being taken up to heaven. Only living people are taken up, and when we talk about the so called rapture which only occur in the New Testament, some might say not even there, we are talking about people who are taken up into the lower sky (to the clouds, not to the stars). Like a planeride, not a spaceride. In OT only two people are taken up to heaven: Enoch and Elijah. In NT Jesus would be the most prominent one taken up, while the Book of Revelation speaks of two prophets who will also be taken up. The people who are taken up to sky-level are the raptured saints: Two will sleep in a bed, one is taken, the other is left. It doesn't say that they will be taken to heaven though. That we have from Paul, who counted himself among the ones who would be raptured at the End of Days, which he obviously thought would happen very soon after he wrote his epistles, where he talks about the rising of the dead and the rapture of the living:

1 Thessalonians 4:14 We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

If Paul wasn't wrong about this mention about being taken up into the air, he was refering to his own crusifiction, not a rapture. Paul wasn't raptured like he said he would, but he was lifted up like Jesus was lifted up, he was crusified...

[edit on 16/4/2008 by Neo Christian Mystic]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join