It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hsp or demons?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
hallucinatory sleep paralysis or demons?

on three occasions somewhat similar spirits or hallucinations filled me with fear to the point of paralysis.
the first time i heard a clicking i thought it was the clear plastic things that the old school phones sat on to kill the connection. i awoke to see a brown figure, no hair, of slightly muscular build standing by the side of my bed shaking, and making a noise somewhat like "bluh, bubu, bluh, blah, ahh bhal blah bluh ahhh." like rapid fire syllables. he appeared to be frightened by me or my awakening. immediately i attempted to yell " jesus save me" but nothing came out i was paralyzed. simultaneously the thing vanished.

the second time the same noise that for some reason i thought was the phone things clicked. i was awake and i could sense that something was in my room, at first i was not afraid. i could feel the presence move across the foot of my bed and then start to come up the side of my bed then i could see it rising and hear it, its claws scuttling along the floor. this time it was not afraid and it was pissed. i do not think that it was the same one he was bigger, more muscular and had horns, i could not see any eyes just black where the eyes were. it reached out for me and grabbed my arm. i attempted to call upon jesus to save me, but it had already gotten to me. and i could feel where it grabbed me. it was a nauseating feeling. the only way to describe it was when a snake gets it head cut off the way that it writhes afterwards. it vanished when i called for jesus.
again i was paralyzed and unable to make a sound.

the third time there was less to it. i awoke with it on top of me.

the first time i thought that this was just a bad dream or a ghost; the second time a demon.
then one of my freinds years and years later told me of hallucinatory sleep paralysis.(hsp) nothing like this has happened in along time since i have read many peoples accounts of night terrors. it was definetly terrifying, but i think that this could also be just another one of science's ill attempts to explain away what they do not understand.
it is less frightening to just say it is hsp a sleep disorder.
what do yall think?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
anything that can scare you like that would be considered your own personal demon.

science may call it hsp, some might say the devil created it, other's might say your mind created it.

regardless if it alters your state mind in a negative way it becomes a demon.

now you seem to believe that Jesus can protect you from these demons, so perhaps wearing a cross or having some other religious relic near your bed, might help you cast them away for good, if that is what you want.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Theres something they talk about in Africa, similiar to this small brown creature. I dont remember what it was called.

Do a google search on nighthags. It seems that alot of people have odd phenomena when theyre sleeping. Maybe its something to do with the sleep stages of the mind.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
at the time are exactly prior to these occurences i began to question the religion that i had been brought up with. i began to earnestly pray and medititate seeking the truth. certain things occured and proven the fact undoubtedly that this religion (which was southern baptist) was largely a load of crap. i attended churches and holy places of many religions.
all the while praying for the one true god to shine light upon my path and give wisdom and discernment.
shortly after this and these frightening occurences my life took a drastic turn in what most would say was the absolute oppostite direction.

my prayers were answered, but the truth is not what i had expected.

peace

[Edited on 083131p://3108u by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Beings have come into my room hundreds of times and I've never been afraid of them because a spiritual teacher taught that if you don't fear them then they have no power. There is an ancient belief that plants have small beings watching over them helping them to survive and that's what people have also. The beings appear frightening because they are so strange but in fact humans are very strange creatures also and quite repulsive to many types of beings.

My guess is that the Beings appeared so as to get you to call upon Jesus, then they vanished so that you would hold tightly to your faith. they wanted you to have a stable belief system and so thtey demonstrated that your belief has power and should not be disgarded lightly. They were trying to help you that's all. They will never actually harm or kill you and if you lose all fear then they will talk to you in very friendly ways and demonstrate the wonderful powers that they have.

I love all the Beings even though some of them are very grouchy types similar to Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street. The grouchy ones are extremely old and perform certain hard tasks associated with maintaining the illusory world we live in. But they are very gentle Beings and will not harm you at all. In fact they can be extremely loving, more so that most humans can be.

The difficulty is that they appear so strange and frightening, and yet with experience you can get use to their appearance and it won't bother you in the least.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
aztec, if it happens again i will try not to be immediately frightened, although i somewhat doubt i am that strong, i will give it a go. i am open to the possibilty of receiving beneficial knowledge from a being or creature like this.
the second time it seemed to harbor bad intentions and was very frightening. the first one almost seemed as if it was scared of me. the third still scared the beJesus out of me but, after i was like holy hell what the heck. it was just laying on top or beside me with it arm over me.
i know this is really weird. i usually don't tell people about the third time. it was the least frightening but the wierdest. this happened close to ten years ago, and all real close togeter.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
About a year ago i had my only "Sleep Paralysis" experience.
I dreamt i was in the houses of parliament UK and i walked into this wood panneled room to see Tony Blair up to no good hatching some devious NWO plot i expect, anyway he wasnt too pleased with my presence and looked at me demonically at which point i woke up paralysed with a negative feeling being directed to me it seemed like a warning to stay away. It was a scary feeling at the time but later i laughed it off thinking it was pretty funny.

Now i have read a bit about OBE's and apparently they are sometimes connected with SP, incidents of OBE's have been recorded where people have later seen things they couldnt have possibly known about like a medical procedure whilst unconcious.

Like you say:
"this could also be just another one of science's ill attempts to explain away what they do not understand."

I agree maybe there is something more to this after all, as remote viewing is known to have been used by intelligence agencys. Maybe while the brain is in its dream state something similar can be experienced. Even the afterlife or other dimensions.

So im staying out of Blairs way from now on

But good luck.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
since people see different things in these perhaps related phenomna of uninvited guests. does what they see only reflect there belief system or the lack there of?

or could it be that those who see nothing are actually temporarily posessed, and therefore unable to recall what happened while they were hijacked. if you, for instance are posessed with the holy spirit, little joe richard the danky brown spirit cannot get in so you can see him pandoodlin' around the front door. but if you are not inclined to allow any one type of spirit reside within you perhaps you leave yourself open for all sorts of other things to stop in and have a sandwhich. and when you are pummelling or strangling your spouse they awake and little handy andy the janky lil' fraud joker just slips out the back door undetected with your recollection of what happened?

[Edited on 123131p://3112u by panchovilla]

[Edited on 123131p://3112u by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Alright
When you fall into the stage known as rem sleep, your body becomes paralyzed so that you do not act out dreams. This happens every time you enter REM, though most often you are not aware of it. At times, especially in times of exhaustion, you fall asleep quicky and enter or wake from this stage immidiately, you become aware of the paralyzed state. Your chest feels heavy, you may experience a sence of "vibration" which can be quite severe.
You believe your eyes are open, I assure you they are not open. You see your surroundings as you almost would if your eyes were open. BUT you manifest a being of some sort. This manifestion is your mind giving you a reason for your body being paralyzed. There is an immense sense of terror accompanying this episode. You try to wake up and scream but you cant move, you cant talk. You may hear a buzzing or crackling sound or see flashing lights....... sound familiar?
HAHA it sucks right.
Ill post some information on this frequent natural occuring phenomenon that many people equate with:
incubus succumbus attacks
demon possesion
alien abduction
you name it

Kristine

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
sleepdisorders.about.com...

My suggestion,-- being I have been thru it many times many many times-- Is to relax and just let it happen. Being aware of this state allows you to enter and amazing form of dreaming called lucid and beyond that. There are techniques combined with this phenom that allow one to enter into a new state of awareness that is truely amazing. You can induce this state with practice.
mysticweb.org...

Some people believe they see beings in this state. some believe it is are own "egos" appearing. But most teachers will tell you they are harmless as Aztec said

Kristine

For anyone who had only experienced this once or twice, and you dont want to experience it again, just get very regular sleep which helps. I often have them when I am overtired.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
www.susanblackmore.co.uk...

i have been reading about all these sleep disorders and different type of nightime guests, and i am still leaning towards actual beings being what i personally experienced. the chart in the above link is interesting to look at what people say they experienced. the first time it happened to me i wanted to believe it was just a dream because the alternative is a bit unerving. but i specifically remember coming into conciousness. and no i just don't buy the whole thing about you're paralyzed due to the fact that you are always paralyzed during sleep. i mean this is what you are saying right that sleep paralysis of any type is a defense mechanism to keep you from harming someone else and yourself during a dream. what about sleep walkers? i have personally had a dream where i swung a closed fist and also physically swung and hit the marble bull in my sleep. awaking to remembering the dream and realizing i just punched the marble bull and nocked it over. so i do not buy you awoke and where still paralyzed due to this defense mechanism, furthermore i have awoken turned upside down in my bed just out of normal old tossing and turning. i wanted to believe that is was just a dream. but the fact that i was awake made me think it was ghost with the first episode. then again i realize that the mind is very powerful and could produce many bizarre halucinations, although i do believe, as i see others here do, that your every thought and perception is real thus makeing it apart of reality.

so if anyone would like to explain to me why sometimes your body does that sleep defense mechanism paralysis and other times it doesn't i would appreciate it. again no paralysis when socked the rock solid bull, and also no sleep paralysis for the sleep walkers or sleep eaters(this really whacked). when i was 4 to 6 i had a couple of sleep walking episodes, atleast i have been told this by my parents many times.

[Edited on 113131p://3111u by panchovilla]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Fifth Column
About a year ago i had my only "Sleep Paralysis" experience.
I dreamt i was in the houses of parliament UK and i walked into this wood panneled room to see Tony Blair up to no good hatching some devious NWO plot i expect, anyway he wasnt too pleased with my presence and looked at me demonically at which point i woke up paralysed with a negative feeling being directed to me it seemed like a warning to stay away. It was a scary feeling at the time but later i laughed it off thinking it was pretty funny.

Now i have read a bit about OBE's and apparently they are sometimes connected with SP, incidents of OBE's have been recorded where people have later seen things they couldnt have possibly known about like a medical procedure whilst unconcious.

Like you say:
"this could also be just another one of science's ill attempts to explain away what they do not understand."

I agree maybe there is something more to this after all, as remote viewing is known to have been used by intelligence agencys. Maybe while the brain is in its dream state something similar can be experienced. Even the afterlife or other dimensions.

So im staying out of Blairs way from now on

But good luck.

If that had happened to me I would go to a place where Blair is making a personal appearence if you get an evil look then it is true its the only way you will find out.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
How can it be a defense mechanism? Wouldn't primitive man had to have kept half awake during the night keeping alert for danger and to protect the group? What use would it be if a lion was coming up to you and you awoke and were paralysed? You could do nothing whil it came slowly closer! Have I got a point here?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
i don't think primitive man had an imagination like we do today, sure there are ancient civilizations that have demons, but i suppose those could be explained in some context that has something to do within a natural plane, which also includes hallucinatory experiences. now i don't doubt anyone has experiences with demons and everything else that comes with it, but i've had hsp several times in my life. i was wondering what you're referring too, in a sense, is that your mind is awake but not your body, that could be an explanation for the paralysis feeling. it's kind of like waking up in your dream, and feeling like you're completely awake, but in reality you're still sleeping. i believe this can account for alot, including seeing demons, as your imagination continues to run wild, you are unable to recognize what is real and what is not, but your experience is seen as one that is true, and when you completely awake, you feel that this experience must have been true, because you can remember it vividly. i'm not sure if this is going to help anyone, it's a little early.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
yea quicksilver also makes a valid point against those who say that the paralysis is to protect us from our dreams. it would not be defending us, it would be defeating us in certain situations such as being stalked in your sleep by some sort of predator, alien, vampire, or demon. see i almost started to believe that whole defense mechanism load. but then i realized i have had full out dreams and been movin' freely in them many times. a couple times i kicked my girlfriend and even punched something on my headboard while i was swinging at someone in my dream. lol.

i dont see why you would not experiense this imobile stage of sleep any other time if that is really what it was. like when people wake you up or you kick someonelse in the bed. why aren't you initially paralyzed. if it is a defense mechanism of any type it is for whatever has come to jack with you in your sleep so if you awake your stuck. o well these dudes have not jacked with me in almost ten years. unless they just remain unseen since they got to me and influence my thoughts. as far as i am aware of now i just have an occassional prankster ghost.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
since people see different things in these perhaps related phenomna of uninvited guests. does what they see only reflect there belief system or the lack there of?

I'll tell you what the psychologist told me (went to see her after my g-grandmother died--I decided I wasn't handling it all that well...went on my own)

Draw a circle. Scribble in a little part if the circle, about a 10th. The scribble is eveything as it is an the circle is our perception of reality--the scribble will not always be the whole of reality, though.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Theres something they talk about in Africa, similiar to this small brown creature. I dont remember what it was called.

Do a google search on nighthags. It seems that alot of people have odd phenomena when theyre sleeping. Maybe its something to do with the sleep stages of the mind.

An Incubus?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Bloody hell! I would have been $hit scared if that happened to me! No wonder u froze!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by panchovilla
at the time are exactly prior to these occurences i began to question the religion that i had been brought up with. i began to earnestly pray and medititate seeking the truth. certain things occured and proven the fact undoubtedly that this religion (which was southern baptist) was largely a load of crap. i attended churches and holy places of many religions.
all the while praying for the one true god to shine light upon my path and give wisdom and discernment.
shortly after this and these frightening occurences my life took a drastic turn in what most would say was the absolute oppostite direction.

my prayers were answered, but the truth is not what i had expected.

peace

[Edited on 083131p://3108u by panchovilla]

Hey panchovilla...what is that -Edited on 083131p://3108u by panchovilla ???

Did you do that? OR is that a CLUE for "The Ring"???

Naaaaa. I guess that's not a clue. It's in most of your posts. Hm. You must be writing from the blogs or something?

Oh, I'm sorry...I was also wondering why you said a brown figure. Usually they're black, if it's an evil spirit.
And could you describe what it looked like? The face? And was it shaking YOU when it grabbed your arm? Like a really fast vibration through you? Like a rattle? Like a snake with its head cut off, doing like the chicken?

Uh sweetie, that's not a demon (oh yea?!) that's an alien. The brown skin. The icky shaky style. Did you smell a stink in the room? Oh and the big ole black eyes in the other one...tell tale sign. They could make you paralyzed in bed. And they could twist the visions in your mind also. Generally, it seems like you have had some abduction situations happening there. And the ghosts that come along, you said, once in awhile? What is that all about? They're keeping track of you?

[Edited on 5/6/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Im very sure it was a demon. This has happend to me before. But i prayed in my mind and then it went away. The same dectription as yours only they were laughing. There was 2 of them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join