It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PASSION OF THE CHRIST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
It's coming tomorrow (2/25) which is also Ash Wednesday, the beginning of the Lenten Season for those in the Christian faith. (Like me!) I work at a movie theater and have heard many different viewpoints about "The Passion". (Such as the movie being Anti-Semitic)

I was wondering about what you all think of the conspiracy surrounding this movie and how many of you are planning to see this movie. I'm obviously going to see it (mostly cause I get in for free!
) and also because I just want to see for myself if all the hype is worth anything.

I for one think there is NOTHING WRONG WITH THE MOVIE. That's MY opinion and I hope to hear other's opinions because I think it's a good topic.

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

[Edited on 24-2-04 by prophetmike]

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I planned to see it before all this controversy broke. It looks interesting. At last someone has the guts to say 'Crucifiction was a terrible way to die' rather than make yet another sanitised film based on Christ's last days.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I never intended to see it. I'm opposed to all Jesus movies on the principle that I've yet to see one that didn't suck. religion or not, I'm not going to subject myself to another bad movie.

exhibit a: Jesus of Nazareth. don't let the reviews fool you, this movie is about 900 hours of pain. although there is some amusement to be found in the fact that the guy playing Jesus looks like a heroin addict looking for his dealer.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
hmm i dont know if i'll see it i think ill wait for it to come out on video. everyone is saying its shocking and stuff but i doubt it.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Here in NYC we have every group coming out of the wood work to protest from the jews to the black panthers to PETA. To tell ya the truth I think these protesters represent a small fraction of their larger groups and only protest because they love the sound of their own voices. To answer the question I will go see it.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
someone should write a book about this and call it the bible .. could be a best seller? na that type of story could happen to anyone.

top topics

join