It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Gods name?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
God's name is Gan or "The White"

Gan is the creative overforce in the cosmology of the fictional Stephen King universes (plural because not all of King's novels take place within the same "world"). Stephen King's "inspiration" for the word remains unknown, but he may have taken it from a Hebrew word, which means, simply, "garden." Gan's role in the novels is more-or-less in line with the concept of God.
en.wikipedia.org...(Stephen_King)
at least thats what we call him where i'm from

Ka is the will of Gan

Ka is the force in Stephen King's Dark Tower series that leads all living (and unliving) creatures. It is the will of Gan, the approximate equivalent of destiny, or fate, in the fictional language High Speech. It is the force that causes a destiny to happen, but is not necessarily impossible to surpass. Ka can be considered to be a guide, a destination, but is certainly not a plan - at least, not one that is known to mortals. Ka is not necessarily a force of good or evil; it manipulates both sides, and seems to have no definite morality of its own.

en.wikipedia.org...(Dark_Tower)

[edit on 10-4-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
God is also The Creator. The basic cause of all causes.

Who created God?

Don't say he created himself because that is impossible in every possible way.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyte Angel

Created gods are by definition false gods. The creator God is eternal. He lives outside of the dimension of time.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by miriam0566

(concerning the "I am" thing)
I wish I could explain this stuff a little better.
I did not invent this idea.
I am trying to convey this concept but I do not have the background to break it down in a systematic way.
I got this from a talk that was given by someone who really was an expert on the subject.
It made a serious impression on me and I believe it is true.
-------------------------------------------------
So, like I said, do what you want.
To me, people who want to create this special nitch for a sacred name, are missing the point.
I have a book on the names of God.
I bought it years ago and really wanted to understand this whole name thing.
My brother, the theologeon, laughed at me.
The Assyrians came to take Jerusalem and told them, "Where is your God? You have torn down His alters and cut down His groves. Where is the Most High God to protect you?"
The righteous King destroyed the worship of the god with a name. Basicly the same name the heathen knew. The king put his trust in the God with no name, and the Angel of God destroyed his enemy.
Something like that. He told me but I can not explain it as well as he can.
To repeat, there is a generic name that is more of a title that can be used to address the person who is God.
The most effective way of specifying which god, in particular, you use a name of someone who knew Him, personaly.
He could be called the god of Abraham.
Then, the god of Israel.
Now we have Jesus.
We join ourselves to Jesus through baptism and the god who was the father of Jesus becomes Our Father.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by jmdewey60]

[edit on 10-4-2008 by jmdewey60]

dont get me wrong, what your saying DOES make sense. but what im saying is that the scripture in psalms is just as valid as the scripture in exodus.

simply put, god´s name is jehovah (in english)

im sure there is much significance to that name, there are even scripture that elude to the name having much power. but the original poster asked a simple question, and i was just giving a simple reply

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyte Angel

Originally posted by babloyi
God is also The Creator. The basic cause of all causes.

Who created God?

Don't say he created himself because that is impossible in every possible way.

the question becomes, can something come from nothing?

can you have nothing, and then POOF! have something?

simple question i know, but significant because if it is possible, then we´d probably see it happen often.

if not, then it implies that existence (i use this word to define something bigger than the universe) has NEVER been nothing.

if the existance has never been nothing, then that implies one of 2 things. if god exists, it implies that he was never created and has always been, but her created the universe. if god doesnt exist, then that implies that the universe was never created and has always been.

i personally see the logic of an existance that has never been nothing, god or not.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It's funny how people always disregard what the name of God is in the Old Testament, which is also known as the Hebrew scriptures.

The Hebrew name of God is YHWH. This is how his name is written in Hebrew. In English the letters change to JHVH.

The LORD God. Why would the King James Bible translators capitalize the word LORD? It's because they are not sure how to pronounce the Hebrew name of God. The vowels were never written down in the Hebrew language by the Jews. Since the Jews of A.D. never uttered God's name out loud, the real vowels were lost.

Put your own vowels you like between the four consonants to make the name of God.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

His name is Yehaweh Elohim. It simply translates to "The Eternal God" in the hebrew toung. Yehaweh was translated into Jehovah in the english which still means "God". Elohim means "The Eternal". Instead of those words together, our english translated bible uses "Our Lord, God." So there you have it..... Yehaweh Elohim is his name.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Indescribable. (*N/a name*)

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Come now, Nyte Angel. It can't be that you are hearing these points for the first time. This debate has been repeated for over a thousand years. I didn't say that the creator of God was God. I said that there is no such thing as the creator of God, because God was always 'just there'. God has always, and will always have existed, being omnipresent.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The first four letters of God's name is JHVH or YHWH. According to ancient kaballism, which is all about God's Name, his name is a 72 letter sequence displaying his power over Heaven and Earth. According to ancient traditions there were originally 72 constellations or souls in heaven, and likeways there were 72 generations of living souls in Eden. To then do a little comparisation between these astrological aspects and Kaballah, one could easilly speculate if the Name of God reflects the constellations of heaven.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I once had a dream where I was standing in front of a man.

He looked at me and said:

"I AM the Universe "

I awoke...

Peace

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

I once had a dream where I was standing in front of a man.

He looked at me and said:

"I AM the Universe "

Well, you can be sure it wasn't God speaking to you. The Universe is just something He put together before His day off...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Originally posted by pause4thought
Well, you can be sure it wasn't God speaking to you. The Universe is just something He put together before His day off...

Are you sure?

His is the universe and the not universe. One God, the Father Almighty. Maker of Heaven and earth. Of all that is scene and unseen.

I tell you another dream...

In that dream I am walking and I see a group of withered leaves on some trees. I say "let there be water for all the trees", I then pause and say, " correction, let there be water for each tree according to its kind"

And so it is with God, each of us is given according to our need.

"In dreams and visions of the night when deep sleep falleth upon men, then doth the All Wise open their ears and send to them instructions."--Book of Job.

This much I am sure. God speaks in dreams. The question is are you listening, and when you listen, do you hear?

Peace

[edit on 11-4-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Yes I am sure. God always was and always will be eternal by nature. The universe, on the other hand, is in a constant state of decay. (Look up the Second Law of Thermodynamics.)

I can be sure, because God has revealed who He is in the Bible. If He had not, all we would have is philosophy, which leads to the kind of self-contradictory nonesense you are peddling.

Don't take offence. But please do think about it.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Yes I am sure. God always was and always will be eternal by nature. The universe, on the other hand, is in a constant state of decay. (Look up the Second Law of Thermodynamics.)

I can be sure, because God has revealed who He is in the Bible. If He had not, all we would have is philosophy, which leads to the kind of self-contradictory nonesense you are peddling.

Don't take offence. But please do think about it.

No offense taken.

I once had a dream, where I saw a young child who had a yo you string that was too long. I called out to her that it was too long and she responded that is wasn't.

Is their an optimum length for a yo yo string for it to work correctly so that all may enjoy? Or is it merely for her enjoyment alone. Did the designer of the yo yo have another vision in mind?

So it is with mankind.

To each, is the side of the Truth. Your Truth, my Truth, and The Truth.

Like light within a crystal it is not many beams of light, but the one light that shines through all.

Might I remind you of a passage in John.

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God

Peace

[edit on 11-4-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

I realize I am being nit-picky.
My writing style does not correspond WITH MY PERSONALITY.
I have problems following big, long posts.
I get a head ache just looking at them and I end up only scanning it.
I do not want to torture others by doing the same.
I work hard at getting right to the point, without a bunch of explaination.
Bare bones.
If any one is actually interested, I fill in the points in question.
So, the fact that I come back, is not some sort of counter attack.
It is just filling things in, without being boring.
Don't worry, If you knew me, you would never take anything I write, in a harsh way.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

oh dont worry, i didnt take it in a harsh way

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

"What is Gods name?"

Jesus Christ is Gods name!

I can't believe I'm the first to say that!

He is the Alpha and the Omega.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

I don't think so because of what Matthew 17:5 says.

"While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and hehold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him."

The voice in the cloud is God. We're trying to debate the name of the being who spoke from the cloud.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyte Angel
Hey, I started thinking about it and wondered what Gods name is. I know that he goes by 'God' to us, but what was the name that his parents gave to him.

On another note,

What role did Gods parents play in his life. Were they supporting like most parents now a days or were they unforgiving parents like some today.

Did God have any siblings, and if so what role did they play in his life. Did they become gods of another place or what? Why did God get to be so special?

Was God so great in the time that he lived in? Was he exiled and crucified like Jesus his son?

Thoughts?

God didnt have Parents. personally i dont think God has a name, rather titles and attributes. ( i could very easily be wrong)

Exodus 3:14

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you

The self exsisting one! (or something similar to this)

David

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join