It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Teen Girls Arrested After Video Taping 'Beat Down' For MySpace

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333
I think life sentences are justified in cases like this...these girls need to be made an example of for all the other dumba$$ kids who think that this kind of thing is cool or funny....kids don't realize that actions have consequences, some of them quite serious!

They knew what they were doing was wrong, or they would not have had lookouts...I hope they all live a long painful life in prison!

Yeah man that is too harsh. Let the punishment fit the crime. Life in prison??

I'm all for them going to jail and being tried as adults but life behind bars for this is too much. I would be for 3-5 or 5-7 with a possibility of a reduced sentence based on good behavior but no possibility of parole.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Sticking with the theme, why don't we just have the entire group redo the scene for the Jerry Springer Show?

This is now Day-Time-Sweeps-Week Justice.

AAC

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The video made me sick. Partially because I've been in the same position as the girl in the video and I know that when 8 guys (in her case, girls) are beating the # out of you, it's similar to the feeling's women get during and after being raped. I was attacked in a very similar manner. Except in my case it was with baseball bat's, it was over an ex-girlfriend and a guy that I once considered to be my best friend was involved in the attack (he lured me into it). The thought's scar deeper then the actual physical punishment. Thought's like, "am I going to make it out of this thing alive or am I going to be that guy you hear about on the news that died in a vicious beating? Am I going to see my family again? What will they think when they hear about this?" and of course, "what the hell did I do to deserve this?". In my case, it was simply dating a girl that my best friend once dated.

Anyway, I feel no sympathy for the girl's that pulled out the attack. They deserve whatever they get, if not worse. I do feel an overwhelming amount of sympathy for the girl attacked though. And to think, if this really was for internet fame, they got what they wanted. The video is posted all over the web.

I hate reading about this #. About a year ago, some dude killed a girl that he met at the bar with a sword because she wouldn't date him. That wasn't the part that got to me about that story. The part that got to me was that the newspaper detailed the scream's, "help! somebody help!" and she didn't survive. She died. And I somehow felt myself in her position and it scarred me. There was another story about how some dude was walking out of a bar and a couple of teens beat him to death for his alcohol. All because they wanted alcohol, they beat a guy to death.

These story's get to me. I feel the emotion of the victim's.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
One of the problems I see these days are people having sympathy for criminals. If he or she is good looking then that's all we hear is how good looking they are and I'll date he or she. Especially female teachers. Then we all try to blame what happened to them on their parents or their life style or poverty etc... For once I want to see the criminal being blamed for their own actions and punished for them. I want the criminal to be responsible for them selfs and suffer the consequences.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Over at Dr. PHil's camp, they decided to bail one of these 'mean girls' out of jail to put on his show ( can you say exploitation?) , after some negative media they decided not to use the girl. Sickening. I say stick it to these heartless little witches, maybe someone will learn something from it all! Why are kids so mean these days? They have no compassion for each other, they seem to have no morals anymore. I have said it before and I say it again, folks need to forget the 2 jobs and the expensive houses and cell phones and the like and start getting back to what is really important, raising their kids. It would be better to live modestly and spend all the time you can with your kids rather than to work your life away from the kids trying to give them what the world deems 'the best of everything'.

Edit= above poster just mentioned same topic I did, sorry, post wasn't there when I started typing mine.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by space cadet]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

And what if the beating had resulted in a death, or coma, would you still feel the same? Every swing they took at this girl could have resulted in death. Every swing. They had beat her until she was out cold, then beat her more when she came to. How much more would it have taken for you to see that they didn't care if she lived or died?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
For those of you that think that these girls will get "justice", just wait. You see, they have a vagina between their legs, so thus, they aren't going to be held accountable.

Now the guys you see, they have a penis, so they WILL be held accountable.

Mark my words, the guys will get WAY more punishment than the girls, even though they didn't do the beating. Wait and see how right I am. It happens over and over again.

Guy teacher has sex with an underage girl? "Oh my God! Kill him!"

Woman teacher has sex with an underage boy? "That lucky bastard!"

It's a sick society folks. And I, for one, have dropped out of it. I realized some time ago that it is not worth saving at this point.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Yeap, the sociopathic brats won't get the time in jail they deserve. The next best thing for the victims family to do is make sure they sue the families of these dangerous brats to the extent that the health of the victim is taken care of for life (of the victim) and that the courts order that the brats and their families can't make a dime off any media or stories in the future (and if they do the $$$ goes to the victim) the bottom line is the victim needs to hit them in the pocket for $$$money and be ruthless in that reguard.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is why having kids is no longer a right.. but a privilege..
a failure on the parents part as well as societies.. much like driving a car or anything else like it, you should have to pass a test and be somewhat screened.

also another thing that comes to mind when I see a rise in chick violence..
Hormones... the sheer amount of hormones in the water/food that are changing the way the sexes act and interact.. this is on both sides of the fence..

anyways..

this girls should be tried as adults... put in a nice scary pen for a couple of years... I personally think we should start using people like this to help keep our hiways and roads clean and free of garbage.. nothing like hard labor to wear ya out!

/end communication (lol)

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
For those of you that think that these girls will get "justice", just wait. You see, they have a vagina between their legs, so thus, they aren't going to be held accountable.

Now the guys you see, they have a penis, so they WILL be held accountable.

Mark my words, the guys will get WAY more punishment than the girls, even though they didn't do the beating. Wait and see how right I am. It happens over and over again.

Guy teacher has sex with an underage girl? "Oh my God! Kill him!"

Woman teacher has sex with an underage boy? "That lucky bastard!"

It's a sick society folks. And I, for one, have dropped out of it. I realized some time ago that it is not worth saving at this point.

Been sayin it for years myself Sirchance, women who commit crimes are less likely to get in trouble, and people don't see it as wrong as the guys commiting the same crimes.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Near to where i live there was a similar incident only leading to death!This is a heartless and obscene crime and I am sick of people especialy near my end, hurting people because they are different. It is mostly chav's.

here is the story anyway.

SOPHIE

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
no matter what the girl said to the other girls it gave them no right to hurt her in such a burtal way. if i was one of the girls @ that house i would of called the police. watching someone get beaten up is sick. what kind of person would like to stay around watching something like that. fighting someone isnt the way to settle things. people say # about people and you just have to move on with it. whoever video taped the fight seriously had to be sick in the head or have some problems or definatly wasnt thinking. how in the world do you think your gonna get away with something like this. obvisouly the girl was going to go home and their parents would ask what is up and what had happened. these girls could have killed her. these girls are definatly not goin to get anywhere in life. there life is over now & the parents who think it was the girls fault in some kind of way is definatly messedup. parents these days let their kids walk the streets like there's no tomorrow and have them come home high and drunk as who knows what. some parents are even drugies themselves. parents dont know how to raise their kids and teach them from right to wrong. they dont deserve to have a child if this is the way to raise them. all the people involved with this and even the two guys outside being the "lookout" should be put in jail for their entire lives. they have done something extremly horrible and i dont know how they are gonna live their lives knowing what they have done to this girl.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I thought the same thing. Their pictures show zero remorse - and I think that is perhaps the worse part of the entire ordeal

The looks on their faces says "Yea I did it, so what"

Only the second boy seems to have lost his attitude in the picture

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join