It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran reveals new atomic work, draws Western rebuke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Iran reveals new atomic work, draws Western rebuke

in.reuters.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has begun installing 6,000 new centrifuges at its uranium enrichment plant, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday, defying the West which fears Tehran is trying to build nuclear bombs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Intersting times. The day is getting closer for some kind of retaliation. Iran needs to start listening to other countries or wear the concequences.

The president said

to mark Iran's National Day of Nuclear Technology that Tehran had defeated its Western foes.

"They imagined that by imposing political pressure and sanctions, Iran's economy will fall apart but we saw that this did not happen."

Is Ahmadinejad thumbing his nose at the US or it this some kind of dare?

in.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You know what, don't support terrorists or anything of that sort, but good for them. At least someone has the balls to defy the US for once.

I don't know about all of you but I'm sick and tired of seeing this crap on the news all the time. I am in no way shape or form afraid of Iran, even if they did have long distance nuclear missiles. We have them, and it looks like our government isn't any better than theirs. (An exaggeration of course).

Personally I think if Iran was really a threat to us way over here on the other side of the world then we could put up some defensive countermeasures. Oh, wait. We have those already. If they want to have nukes, good for them. As long as they show the restraint to not use them, like everyone else, then they should be allowed to have them. No more of the "we are better than you and have the moral high ground" talk from the West.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is already being discussed here

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Of course our sanctions aren't going to have a huge effect. Their economy is based off of producing oil. Thanks to us, they are making 300% more now than they were a few years ago. How much damage can our sanctions really do?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

You are exactly right. That is what scares me. If sanction do nothing and they know that the next step is military action. Something that has ben speculated more and more recently.
As many have said. It is only a matter of time now. Especially with Ahmadinejad making comments like this. He is just begging for it you might say. Which is something that also concerns me. Why would anyone ignore threats by the like of the US or call thier bluff unless they knew (or at least were confident) they could fight back?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Have any of you considered the reaction that the US would face if we dared attack Iran. Keep in mind these lunatics may just do it anyway. Iran has friends in high places in the form of its resources.

I have no doubt that China would swiftly lay waste to our Naval forces by employing little gems like this for instance.

aquilinefocus.blogspot.com...

Not quite the superpower you might have assumed hmmm...?

If we nuke em there will be a response from any number of countries which presently think America can take a flying leap thanks to our loving Government.

The real question is, is the United states prepared to take on the world? I admit it fits nicely into the whole eugenics thing.

Not to mention the US populace response to such action which will no doubt be following some "apparent" action taken against us.

I have often said that due to the mis-handling and lack of transparency that this Goverment has exhibited an actual Terrorist could hit us and a very large percentage of the public will see it as a false-flag event and launch a revolt against the US Government.

Point is Ahmadinejad really has nothing to fear because he knows what we face if we dare take action against him, and if we do then it will bring about the end of the Western devils - win, win.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by KMFNWO]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I don't get the bit about eugenics thou . I know US 'think they are the master race , but in term of racial purity and heritage, the Iranians ( Persians) are streets ahead of some mis match of cultural and in-bred cross breeding that is supposed to be their superiors . The persians have been around for a long time and we owe a great deal to their cultural sophistication, they have had an intrinsic and valuable input to civilization for thousands of years . I don't get how some knocked up from all sorts society with a vastly inferior cultural heritage can talk about Eugenics. Unless they mean they are the ones getting exterminated of course .

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I just dont buy any of this its all LIES nothing but LIES.
Do you all really believe, Iran wants us to wipe them off the face of the earth?
They know we can fry them.
This is the Bush Administration and thier evil oil corporation trying to get to Irans oil.
They want to steal thier oil, and thats what all this is about GREED GREED & more GREED!
Where is the PROOF that Iran is makeing WMD there is none.
You all know our Government cant be trusted anymore. They will not tell us the truth on anything REMEMBER WMD IRAQ all LIES and there doing it again.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Ok hello, anyone ever consider that the sanctiosn are unjust? and in any case, a sanction can be as simple as "noone is allowed to sell them copper!!" .The sanctions were only for nuclear resources. they have enough nuclear resources on their own, as we can see by this article.

Most of Iranian trade is done with Asia and Africa. any business they lose from the West is not that relevant, since we have virtually none.

The President of Iran is making his remarks because he knows there will not be a military strike. The US administration knows there will not be a military strike on Iran. even Israel knows there will not be amilitayr strike on Iran.

the only people that dont seem to get it are the citizens buying the newspapers or watching commercial programming claiming it coulod be so.

We have been about a month away from attacking Iran every month for like five years now. Why of why do people somehow still believe it is going to happen?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
We have been about a month away from attacking Iran every month for like five years now. Why of why do people somehow still believe it is going to happen?

I couldn't agree more with this. Every day lately there has been quite a number of 'war on Iran is immiminent' related threads but nothing of substance.
We might all get a shock one day if it does though.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
You know I could swera it is liek clock-work. I bet if we did enough research, we would be able to discover a pattern in the timing of sudden "build-up of Iran war" threads and media coverage. I am not up to the task because I already know, but it would be nice to see the data for sure. anyone up to the task?

new topics

top topics

join