TERRORISM: Bin Laden on the Move

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
In an ABC Exclusive, intelligence officials are reporting Osama Bin Laden, and top aide, Ayman al-Zawahri are in Afghanistan. Last week a British tabloid reported that Osama was 'boxed in', and there was no room to run. Zawahri recently appeared in new videos claiming more attacks against Western intrests.

ABC NEWS

The intelligence reports come as Arabic television stations aired audiotapes purportedly made by bin Laden's top aide, Ayman al-Zawahri. In one of the tapes, a man said to be Zawahri taunts President Bush and threatens new attacks on the United States.

Zawahri and his boss, bin Laden, moved out of Pakistan as that country's army stepped up pressure on tribal leaders in the far western area of Waziristan, U.S. intelligence officials tell ABCNEWS. The homes of suspected al Qaeda sympathizers in that region have been set on fire and there have been numerous arrests.

Here we have the "Mastermind" behind 9-11 and other attacks in our sights. To catch OBL and start really dismantling Al-Qaeda would be a huge step in the "War on Terror", however I can still only think of how this will help Bush out in this Election Year. There was Talk about how perfect it would be for Bush to land OBL before election on ATS, and other conspiracy sites. Talk started after the "capture" of Saddam Hussein, an early Christmas present. I have been told through a source close to The Department of Homeland Security, that OBL and Mullah Mohammed Omar were in the Northwest Region of the Pakistani-Afghanistan border, the day the Sunday Telegraph reported it. It seems to me either the Western News outlets are really late at receiving information, or someone doesn't want the "cat" out of the bag.

Related ATSNN Links
Bin Laden 'surrounded'
US warned of al-Qaida attacks
Ralph Nader to Announce Presidential Bid

Related ATS Links
U.S. eyes spring offensive in Afghanistan
Case Closed: Saddam and Osama Connection
US negates reports on Osama's capture
Where is bin Laden

Related News Links
The Australian
Insight Mag
News.com

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Notice it is Al-Zawahri that makes the recordings and not Bin Laden...wonders what that could mean? maybe we are about to see a death or capture? perhaps even staged? We should pay close attention to what's going on over there.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I'm kinda seeing a sort of we've-got-him/no-we-don't/yes-we-do pattern here that may indicate we've A) already got him and are building up publicity to stage the capture, or B) are genuinely very hot on his tail and don't want to let on how close we are.

Worldwatcher is right; we need to keep tabs on this one.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Last week a British tabloid reported that Osama was 'boxed in', and there was no room to run.

isn't this what they've been saying for...o i don't know....THE PAST 3 YEARS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenographer
I'm kinda seeing a sort of we've-got-him/no-we-don't/yes-we-do pattern here that may indicate we've A) already got him and are building up publicity to stage the capture, or B) are genuinely very hot on his tail and don't want to let on how close we are.

Worldwatcher is right; we need to keep tabs on this one.

If we were hot on his trail we sure as # would not be letting the media know it. Also if we WERE on his trail the cat is now out of the bag as hes sure to know now that he is "surrouned" which is BS if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ

isn't this what they've been saying for...o i don't know....THE PAST 3 YEARS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No, not quite. They said that they had intelligence on where he was, but he still had the ability to move around. If they have him boxed in he's pretty much lost the ability to move like he did in the past.

You can look at these reports anyway you like, but don't forget the possibility that these reports could be disinformation to gather more information on his possible location or just get more info on their network.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by outsider]

new topics

top topics

join