It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel sorry for Bill Clinton

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I feel sorry for Bill Clinton.
I can’t believe I’m feeling sorry for ANY Clinton, but there it is.

Last month he had Jeremiah Wright (who Bill invited to the White House) screech this – “Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

(damn poor English coming from a supposedly well educated intellectual – IMHO)

Now Spike Lee gets in on the act with this quote (From Politico.com) – “The Clintons, man, they would lie on a stack of Bibles. Snipers? That’s not misspeaking; that’s some pure bull ****. I voted for Clinton twice, but that’s over with. These old black politicians say, “Ooh, Massuh Clinton was good to us, massuh hired a lot of us, massuh was good!” Hoo! Charlie Rangel, David Dinkins – they have to understand this is a new day. People ain’t feelin’ that stuff. It’s like a tide, and the people who get in the way are just gonna get swept out into the ocean.”

Guess these two haven’t read ‘Bill Clinton and Black America’ by Dewayne Wickham.

I wonder if Devil Patrick Would agree with them? Somehow I doubt it.

I wonder if Barry C. Black would agree? Somehow I doubt it.

I wonder if American Hero Rosa Parks would agree with those two. It was under Bill Clinton’s watch that Rosa Parks was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Wonder if she too would turn around and bite him … or if she’d be more understanding. I would think the latter.

Under Bill Clinton there was job creation that strongly helped bring down black unemployment to 6.0%

Bill Clinton has a foundation in HARLEM that is working to reduce Type 2 Diabetes.

His office is also in Harlem. Some of his former (black) cabinet members attended the opening.

Bill Clinton sent 28 African-American nominees to the Senate Judiciary Committee for confirmation as Federal Judges.

USA Today says Bill Clinton wasn’t America’s ‘first black president’ but he was the next best thing. His empathy for the black community was, and still is, genuine and moving. His One America Initiative is a monument to his sincerity on this issue. He was awarded the Philadelphia Liberty Medal (along with George Bush Sr.) for his work with Katrina victims – most of whom were black Americans. On October 17, 2002 he became the first (only?) white person inducted into the Black Arkansas Hall of Fame. He has received international honors from (mostly black) countries for his work to combat AIDS/HIV.

The Clinton Health Care reform would help poor people of all races all across this country. Poor people of ALL RACES … that means poor BLACK people are included in that health care reform.

Look … the guy isn’t perfect. But he certainly isn’t ‘riding dirty’ on black people. And he absolutely DOES NOT deserve Spike Lee calling him Massuh Clinton.

Those who feed the croc get bit last.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Maybe he has gotten a bit of a raw deal lately, but it certainly comes with the territory. If you're going to be 'out there' speaking in public (making millions if not campaigning), then one must expect backlash for how some *perceived* your time in office.

The biggest thing that makes me feel sorry for him is that he is married to Hillary. Ugh!

And the whole "Massuh" thing from blacks is getting very old. Like you think that there have been no advances in the way things work. *News Flash* You just have to work hard to get there, instead of complaing about things and demanding equal this or that by wanting a handout.

(And please, again, I'm not a rascist. I just call it as I see it and I am well aware of many AA's who have worked hard to get where they are. I am eluding to the other ones. And those types of people span all races).

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I thiink that clinton's term of office has been more than a little underrated - as far as the economy goes, yes he had a little help in the boom years, but he also managed it pretty well, and maybe his military spending wasn't as high as some but is it really needed?
Wouldn't people rather have money spent on making their lives better/easier than equipping one foreign adventure after another while contractors get fat on YOUR money?

The problem is his wife - the tears, the lies, the smears, the endless bullplop.

A vote for hillary is really a vote for bill, let's not kid ourselves about that - but there are many worse options than having bill as the power behind the throne...

We're living with one of them right now...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
All I know is that Bill Clinton does NOT deserve to be called 'Massuh Clinton' over and over by Spike Lee. He does NOT deserve the other comments Spike Lee made and he certainly didn't deserve the ones Wright made either.

I don't like Bill Clinton. But by golly, I feel sorry for him.
He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment about this subject.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think you're right on the money with that one.

No-one who has done so much deserves that - especially from someone like spike lee, who basically seems to think that only white people are racist, when he's a pretty good example that racism comes from every race/colour/creed.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Another excellent post.

Though I have nothing to add. Just wanted to say good post, and keep it up.

top topics

join