It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please consider how you post in this forum.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Increasingly we have seen here a range of "nuisance" posts.

These seem to fall into 3 types.

• Antagonism and abuse directed towards the poster.
  • Off topic flippancy and smart comments that add nothing to the thread and only break the train of thought.
  • Top of the head, ill considered birdbrain posts that derail the thread.

At some stage we have all be guilty of that (I know I have anyway). Lets clean up our act so that those who wish to discuss the topics can do so in peace.

I have already talked to some of the people here about posting, and will engage others if necessary, posts that fall into these catagories may be deleted to preserve the thread themes.

(Oh yeah, this is meant to be about CONSPIRACIES in religion, but we all sort of forget that part)

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Increasingly we have seen here a range of "nuisance" posts here.

• Antagonism and abuse directed towards the poster.
  • Off topic flippancy and smart comments that add nothing to the thread and only break the train of thought.
  • Top of the head, ill considered birdbrain posts that derail the thread.

At some stage we have all be guilty of that (I know I have anyway). Lets clean up our act so that those who wish to discuss the topics can do so in peace.

I have already talked to some of the people here about posting, and will engage others if necessary, posts that fall into these catagories may be deleted to preserve the thread themes.

(Oh yeah, this is meant to be about CONSPIRACIES in religion, but we all sort of forget that part)

Dont try to take all my fun away! Thats for Colonel to do! like he always does! Not like he doesnt do it for a reason but still. Flippant comments are needed to break up the drudgery sometime.

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
"(Oh yeah, this is meant to be about CONSPIRACIES in religion, but we all sort of forget that part)"

How do you know the conspiracy isn't the existence of religion itself?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Excuse me. I reserve the right to go Rambo on any weenusforbrains who insults and baits (just kidding). I try to mind my manners

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Conspiracy implies a negative action that is illegal or wrongful, not all religion is negative nor is it illegal.

Sometimes religion that is illegal is the best sort - (cf: christianity in china)

So no, religion per sec is not a conspiracy....

dictionary.reference.com...

n. pl. con�spir�a�cies

An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.

Law. An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design: a conspiracy of wind and tide that devastated coastal areas.

Originally posted by John Nada
"(Oh yeah, this is meant to be about CONSPIRACIES in religion, but we all sort of forget that part)"

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So, you're saying that Christianity is the best religion in China? Bigot.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Conspiracy implies a negative action that is illegal or wrongful, not all religion is negative nor is it illegal.

Sometimes religion that is illegal is the best sort - (cf: christianity in china)

So no, religion per sec is not a conspiracy....

dictionary.reference.com...

n. pl. con�spir�a�cies

An agreement to perform together an illegal, wrongful, or subversive act.

Law. An agreement between two or more persons to commit a crime or accomplish a legal purpose through illegal action.
A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design: a conspiracy of wind and tide that devastated coastal areas.

errrr...ok. I'd say that religion could fall under these though:

"subversive act."

"A joining or acting together, as if by sinister design"

The elders got together and created religion to control the masses, I'd say that fits that perfectly. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree there.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Man, some people can pick an arguemnt over anything. Do you have a problem with christianity in China? Certianly the Chinese communists do, and for that reason alone its a good thing. Not to mention that it teaches values that are the antithesis of the worst aspects of chinese culture.

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
So, you're saying that Christianity is the best religion in China? Bigot.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Have any religions set out to deliberatly control the masses? You would have to be a megalomaniac if you thought that your small band of followers were going to rule the world one day.

By subversive, you would have to infer that the setting up of a religion was to deliberatly undermine the current political system.

Again that may be the case, but is that the reason WHY a particular religion was set up? Nope I don't think so, those reasons are merely effects of the religion upon the society it is in.

The only religious groups that I can imagine fitting the catagory are cults that exploit deliberatly the people in them, such as the moonies, heavens gate, etc

"subversive act."

The elders got together and created religion to control the masses, I'd say that fits that perfectly. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree there.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
"Nope I don't think so, those reasons are merely effects of the religion upon the society it is in."

Nope, you "DON'T THINK" so but you don't really know do you, just like I don't really know. It's just what either of us believe, like nearly every subject on this board it's down to what people think on a subject because of their beliefs.

So my statement "How do you know the conspiracy isn't the existence of religion itself?
" is actually quite valid.

However, I've never broke these rules in the past and I wont do in the future, so all is cool.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Have any religions set out to deliberatly control the masses? You would have to be a megalomaniac if you thought that your small band of followers were going to rule the world one day.

By subversive, you would have to infer that the setting up of a religion was to deliberatly undermine the current political system.

Again that may be the case, but is that the reason WHY a particular religion was set up? Nope I don't think so, those reasons are merely effects of the religion upon the society it is in.

The only religious groups that I can imagine fitting the catagory are cults that exploit deliberatly the people in them, such as the moonies, heavens gate, etc

"subversive act."

Small band of followers, say you? A GIGANTIC band of followers, says the Mormon... or Southern Baptist... or Christian, as he was killing the Arab for not converting... Should I clarify what I mean? I'd rather not... I don't enjoy people reading like 1 sentence and flaming me without reading the rest.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

ALL religion is illegal ... show me ONE legal cult that can get away with mass murder's like monotheism has. Don't worry, I won't hold my breath while I wait

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Interesting how people tend to get the word 'disagreeing' and 'flaming' mixed up. And people who get the word "opinionated" and "bigot" mixed up.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Interesting how people tend to get the word 'disagreeing' and 'flaming' mixed up.

Yes many people hear that seem to disagree are alittle mixed up on how to respond when they disagree with a topic...many people flame instead of offering a valid counter statemnet...

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Issues of faith and dogma and religious difference can bring out the worst in people. There are a lot of *unanswerable* questions that get asked so it's hard to *win* in that kind of debating. Maybe neighborhood feuds and wars get started this way too.

You will find some members here who get on with respect and tolerance, but maybe not enough.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
magestica, I see you have MAs avatar..

Where is MA????? Is he perma banned???? mod..please tell me

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
no... I really mean flames. I can handle someone who disagrees with me. Simple, you just debate a bit until you realize neither of you are gonna change your mind, lol.

What I mean is that there are alot of peeps who post on this board (not as many as on others, I must say... fairly clean board) that only read like a sentence or two of a post and start flaming the crap outa the poster with stuff like "You're such a freakin idiot! We landed on the moon! There were 2 witnesses!" ya know? I'm talking about the people who think that just because they disagree with one sentence of your post that the rest is crap too, and they start the flaming and name calling, etc. I DID mean flame, not disagree.

Truthfully, I haven't found much on this board that I can honestly disagree with. Most of what I read seems to be the same info I get and I have no reason to disagree most of the time. Even if I don't agree with something, I usually don't disagree with it. I just take it on a whim and think about it for awhile. More often than not I try to always find one redeeming point in an article that I don't agree with. Noone is 100% wrong 100% of the time.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
heh,
As this thread attests we do try and run a clean board. Flamers can magically disappear. There are already 2 posters in this thread that you can't see as they have been globally ignored for other issues. (I imagine that for one at least they will pop back into view soon)

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Increasingly we have seen here a range of "nuisance" posts.

""Antagonism and abuse directed towards the poster.

Off topic flippancy and smart comments that add nothing to the thread and only break the train of thought.

Top of the head, ill considered birdbrain posts that derail the thread. ""

( thats what you said stupid )

OH wait Netchicken you forgot:

LETS MAKE A STUPID POST TRY TO GET SOME RESPONSES !!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you just voiced my opinion in the best way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join