It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microgravity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I've been thinking about how to formulate the theory of everything.

I know they are trying to relate gravity, magnetism, electromagnetism, and microgravity. I could be wrong.

I personally think the theory is going to come up shallow because these might not be all of the forces, or there may be a missing concept. I'm sure a combination of concepts will come along and help fill some of the gaps.

So my question is... what is microgravity? Anyone have some good sites?

[Edited on 25-12-2002 by Protector]

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So basically it is a stupid name for common gravity

Well, that makes it much more simple. I thought it was gravity from string theory or intermolecular forces, or something.

Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Actually, a Grand, Unified Theory would involve Gravity, Electromagnetism, Strong and Weak nuclear forces. I should have looked up the forces again before I posted. I was still curious as to what microgravity is.

So perhaps I should change my question to: what are weak nuclear forces?

posted on Dec, 24 2002 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Sorry, but I do know what beta decay is... which is considered weak nuclear forces... but I was wondering if there are extremely weak forces that govern sub-atomic particles, such as neutrinos or leptons. I'm not sure if there is a governing force there, and it might help me to tweak my own views of the universe. Thanks.

TN1

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hello there and mary Christmas to all of you !!The three forces in nature have been already unified for example the electromagnetic and the weak nuclear force it is now called electroweak force .Inside the nucleus now the protons and neutrons change their nature using the exchange particles and the strong nuclear has been unified with the electroweak ..But the big problem is the gravity because it seems to apply only in the macrocosmos such as heavy objects ,planets ,stars etc.An example is that the particles experience only electromagnetic and nuclear forces and gravity is negligible compare to them!!!Another thing of great importance is that there might be a fifth force in nature that one is currently driving the expansion of the universe (maybe)...We are not sure about that...

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Protector, perhaps you should review some of the work already done in the GUFtheory field before starting out. It'd save you time pursuing false leads. I believe the most recent advances are in Quantum Chromodynamics. Remember that your theory has to prove to be a better model than Quantum Electrodynamics, which can calculate the "value of some physical quantities to an accuracy of ten decimal places, a feat equivalent to calculating the distance between New York and Los Angeles to within the thickness of a hair."

Feynman, one of the the originators of QED, was a prolific writer and his publications can be easily found in almost any library.

Here's a list of his books:
www.bookstore.caltech.edu...

I've read the "Six Easy Pieces and Six Not-So Easy Pieces"... quite entertaining (as is "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman".) If you haven't read his "Quantum Electrodynamics", that really needs to be the first book on your list.

His formulas are pretty easy to follow if you've had calc.

Note: There's a lot of web pages around where people who don't know an integral from a transfinite cardinal go around giving theories. Ignore those... they haven't had any physics and wouldn't know a Hopf algebra from a Lie algebra. They simply don't know what they're talking about, and can't understand it why nobody gives them the Grand Prize for coming up with the GUT. It's like watching someone tell you he's going to construct the Golden Gate Bridge using only the math, tools, and materials available to the Neanderthals.

Feynman. That's the place to start.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
have any of you guys read a brief history of time?
thats a great book for this type discussion.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Brief History of Time... yes, it was a good book.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Earthscum]

new topics

top topics

join