It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Auctions Another $50 Billion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Fed Auctions Another $50 Billion

biz.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Federal Reserve, still working to combat the effects of a severe credit squeeze, said Tuesday it had auctioned another $50 billion to cash-strapped banks. Meanwhile, the International Monetary Fund warned that further actions are needed globally to prevent more wrenching problems.
The Fed auction marked the ninth in a series that began in December that so far have pumped $310 billion in short-term loans into the nation's banking system.

Meanwhile, the 185-nation IMF delivered its most detailed review yet of the global credit crisis that hit last August. It said Tuesday that governments must be prepared to do more to support the global financial system if conditions worsen.

"Markets remain under considerable strain" from a variety of forces such as weakened balance sheets from increased bad loans, the IMF said in a report prepared for meetings this week in Washington of the IMF and its sister lending institution, the World Bank.

The global credit crisis is expected to be a top agenda item at those discussions. The IMF report urged policymakers in the United States and other nations to consider what else needs to be done.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So another money tree needs to be planted somewhere because the FEDs have probly picked all the money off the other ones already.

biz.yahoo.com

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I love it the crooked banks get bailed out again, from what screwing us over constantly.

When do the actual Humans get a bail out.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The fed just loves this economy.They loan money to the banks,so they can loan it to us.The banks blow all thier profits on expensive buildings and fringe benifits for the corporate officers.The bank goes belly up and the fed forcloses.The fed ends up making money on both ends of the deal.While we get stuck for the tab.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Not only this the FED would like to have the abillity to issue its own debt. Check this out.

trying not to do a one liner but hate to repeat myself.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by jefwane]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yep that's all we need .What do we have when the fed controlls all the money and credit? Can anyone spell monoply.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

So another money tree needs to be planted somewhere because the FEDs have probly picked all the money off the other ones already.

biz.yahoo.com

lol . . . If it grows on trees, i want to plant a couple; but i couldn't find the
seeds to order for my spring garden!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Ummm the banks are not getting bailed out but they are digging a deeper hole. Getting a loan from the FED would mean interest is charged. The interest money is not being printed, just the loan money. Where are the banks going to get the interest money from? The people and what will happen after that is the US money being drained for the interest rates.

The best way to get a hold of the economy is to abolish the FEDs and halt all interest rates being charged. This would give the people a chance to have money to pay back their loans.

Did you know: Charging interest used to be a crime? Well now you know that.

new topics

top topics

join