It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmarked giant blimp seen flying low around midnight in Southern Arkansas Northern Louisana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am a longtime lurker and felt I needed to join to post this.

Last night around 10:45 PM I went out to my vehicle to retrieve a book I had forgotten to take inside and I heard what I can only describe as a loud lawmnower engine but throatier, not as high pitched.

I looked around and saw three lights in a triangle formation moving slowly through the sky. I ran inside and woke up my 13 year old son to see it so that I would have another witness.

I tried to take a picture of it but nothing showed up, I didn't have time to fool with the camera to figure out a night setting.

We ran in the backyard in time to see this HUGE object slowly moving acros the sky directly above us, it had two green ligths and two red lights and a single white "headlight" We were ale to se some of the side of it from the light the headlight was producing and it looed like the side of a blimp.
We watched it for approximately two minutes before it was out of sight over a tree line.

The only blimps I can think of are the GoodYear blimps and according to their website they own three blimps. None of them are supposed to be in my neck of the woods. Also where we live there is no major sporting events and there was no advertising on the side of this thing.

www.goodyearblimp.com...

does anyone know of any other blimps that may be operating in my area?
Did anyone else witness this "blimp"?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
I am totally intrigued.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by blimpseeker to add the picture]

I just went through the pictures I snapped last night and this is the only one that showed something. You can se the typical red and green lights you would expect to see on Earthbound planes and such.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by blimpseeker]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The above photo is cropped. Here is the link to the raw photo right of the camera.

i304.photobucket.com...

[edit on 8-4-2008 by blimpseeker]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

I live in Louisiana. Last night about 10:05 p.m. I went outside to walk my dogs. When I opened the front door I could see above the tree line in some distance what appeared to be a large glowing orange ball. I called my boyfriend outside to look at it.

His comment was "Wow, I wonder what that is? I have never seen anything like that before."

I stayed outside for a while watching it move closer until I could see it from directly underneath, and it didn't look like a huge orange ball anymore. It was triangular shaped with a bright orange light in the front and smaller ones on each of the sides.

I live at the corner of the L shape in Louisiana with the largest town closest to us being Bogalusa.

This object was moving from north to south.

Anybody else see anything in this area?

I checked last night to see if anyone else might have spotted what we saw, and you are the only other person reporting anything.

What you saw sounds different though, as I wouldn't say what we saw was a blimp, it was a triangle.

I only have my boyfriend as a witness. No camera here, and no video recorder.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
There was this sighting on Jan 15 2008 in Louisiana but I believe the witness said it was silent.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by sherpa]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I am not so sure this was a blimp anymore.
Also the nearest air force base is two hours from here and they don't have any blimps.
www.barksdale.af.mil...

top topics

join