It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible view on premarital sex

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Originally posted by pause4thought

With recent appearance of additional doctrine, it is clear to me that the entire image of Christ and his teachings are not here in their entirety.

It is clear to Christians that you are a false teacher on very dangerous ground. These are virtually the final words of God's authentic Word:

It is clear to some the self righteousness of those the call themselves Christians in the name of Jesus Christ have themselves taken of the yeast of those that crucified the Christ. An action of which he warned.

Jesus came under fire for teaching and I find it curiously humorous that here I am, a regular human being coming under fire by a follower of Christ exploring the teachings of Christ.

In my Bible ( New International ), that has near 700 pages, it seems kinda odd that the witness of Jesus Christ is spread across less then 50 pages and 4 main books, making Mathew, Mark, Luke and Johns witness like 15 pages each on average.

Common sense alone tells any sensible individual that Jesus said much more then was documented.

I testify to everyone who hears the prophetic words of this book: If anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book.

I don't claim to understand exactly what that entails, but I wouldn't want to be someone who finds out. Do you?

It means what it says. You do not alter the book of Revelation. Is it possible that a book of the bible did not make it? Is it conceivable that items were removed from the bible to accommodate current political climates and economies?

You might want to read here. An interesting read into the correcting of Biblical doctrine

reluctant-messenger.com...

Peace

[edit on 11-4-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

" Fornication is lust carried out. It is in the same league as all sin. "

I'd like to add, than fornication was not limited to sex, but encompassed all kinds of lusts, like; money, power, and idol worship being at the TOP of the list.

For it is as the heart of what we are all fighting against, whether or not we know it!

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, EPH 6:12."

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

It is clear to some the self righteousness of those the call themselves Christians in the name of Jesus Christ have themselves taken of the yeast of those that crucified the Christ.

Anyone who has read my posts knows that I define myself, and all God's people, as an abject sinner who has found forgiveness through believing the Good News as revealed in the Bible. Your accusation could not be further from the truth, as the One who examines my heart knows.

This thread is entitled "Bible view on premarital sex". You introduced quotations that appeared to be Bible quotes, deliberately omitting to state what the source actually was (-repeatedly). I call that deception and a sign of a false teacher.

In speaking to you in strong tones I was doing what Christians are commanded to do:

"Dear friends, although I was eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write and exhort you to contend for the faith that was delivered to the saints once for all". Jude v.3

Your so-called "new revelation" is not the Christian faith, given once for all. Your own words condemn you:

An interesting read into the correcting of Biblical doctrine...

Bible doctrine = apostolic doctrine.

Common sense alone tells any sensible individual that Jesus said much more then was documented.

Correct. Common sense also tells any sensible individual that false teachers added and subtracted from Jesus' words according to their own agenda, and that their writings were regarded as spurious. It was common sense they should be excluded from the Bible, and they were.

You said it yourself, you want to "correct" (=change) Bible doctrine. You also want to adapt

...the entire image of Christ and his teachings

according to your spurious sources. You hold these false materials above the Bible, and in promoting them through stealth you cause division.

Dear Christian readers - ignore what is false, and the doctrine of those who scoff at the Bible.

But you, dear friends, remember the words foretold by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; they told you, "In the end times there will be scoffers walking according to their own ungodly desires". These people create divisions and are merely natural, not having the Spirit. (Jude v.17&18)

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
The Lord says the following in this matter:

The subject of this discussion is "Bible view on premarital sex." Please don't quote from other sources as if they were in the Bible. Also this is not the place to discuss what is or should be in the Biblical Canon. That would be an entirely different subject. Please stay on topic.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I have done a lot of soul and bible searching to see what these sorts of verses in the bible, which seem to make a requirement personal holiness, are really intending to say. After much prayer and reflection I believe the answer has been revealed to me, and I hope to pass it on to all those that read this.

If one receives the Holy Spirit will they continue a lifestyle of sin?

Galatians tells us that the Holy Spirit gives us new desires, to live our lives in a new way, Jesus said I have come that you might have life, and that life more abundantly.

NO ONE can earn the Kingdom of God, it is freely given, and if you have been given this Holy Spirit then you will be changed forever! God has become your father and will never leave nor forsake you.

Even the prodigal son left his father, but after spending his great fortune he came to his senses and went back home, and the Father gave him back abundantly, as a free gift, cause he loves the son.

John 4:10 esus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

READ MY SIGNATURE. Brothers and sisters, now is the time to ask for the gift of God. It is eternal life!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
The Lord says the following in this matter:

The subject of this discussion is "Bible view on premarital sex." Please don't quote from other sources as if they were in the Bible. Also this is not the place to discuss what is or should be in the Biblical Canon. That would be an entirely different subject. Please stay on topic.

The Lord says what the Lords says.

The Bible says what the Bible says.

And the Truth is the Truth, Canonized Bible or not.

Back to the OP:

Exodus 22:16-17
If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-price, and she shall be his wife. If her father absolutely refuses to give her to him, he must still pay the bride-price for virgins.

Ephesians 5:3
"But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people."

1 Corinthians 6:13
"…The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body"

I guess since the Title according to Dbates says what the Bible says, Im really unable to comment.

Peace

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

hello there I agree Jesus expounded on the thou shalt not covet commandment to include the thought of something being equal with the act.

Not surprising really when do not covet actually involves thought in the first instance.

However this can be different and yet the same of commiting adultery.

You can be single and still covet the wife of your neighbour

you can be single and covet a single woman.

Exodus 20:17

....Nor anything of his neighbours.

I would assume this would mean Daughter also. This could obviously also apply to the single man next door to the Daughter.

This would be different from courtship before anyone rants at me.

Coveting is a lust. (desire, craving, longing, desire for what is forbidden, lust)

Romans 7:7

for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

Marriage in the Bible is when two are brought together by God as in Genesis 2

I know God brought my wife and I together.

Marriage as we know know it today is merely a public display of an act of the intent to form a lasting relationship.

If a man having sex with more than one woman is a sin of adultery then a married man thinking another woman commits the same sin and also the sin of coveting.

A single man commits the sin of Coveting if he looks at any woman with lust rather than Love.

and the visa versa for women

Job 31:1

I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?

am i muddying waters?????

sorry

david

top topics

<< 1   >>

join