It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you explain this weird photo?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I have never posted in this forum before, but now that I have a new computer, I wanted to share this photo. I believe my girlfriends apartment to be haunted. I have seen, and others have independently seen it as well, a man walking into their bathrooms. A number of photos that have me in it have an orb as well. I won't get into all of my experiences with spirits, as I like to call them, but I will show you this one photo. It might be a glitch, but it is the only one of all the photos I had that night that did an overlay like this. Also, although there are other orb photos, its just weird that I am looking at the orb with both heads! Just post if you have a thought. And I did not manipulate the image, and I have never ever had a photo appear like that with the camera before or after. (but WITH orbs , yes)
Am I being watched?

[edit on 8-4-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well, I'm back to class right now , check in after 4!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This orb you speak of... where is it? Otherwise interesting pictutre. I certainly believe that a spiritual body is a duplicate of the physical. This sort of thing has to occur for you to have and out of body expirience. In an oobe, you are consience of your spiritual body copy.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Follow the eyes that are looking up. The orb blends in with the background a little bit.

I posted some good orb pictures from a ghost trip I recently got back from

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

sir, i think that's a burrito

jk!
good find. lemme see the rest of the pics.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It looks strange that someone would just happen to be staring at the orb? That seems a little staged.

The super-imposition of the images seems like an obvious effect... the photographs that were blended don't look to have the same grain.

What are all those white spots against the treeline? Was this photo taken behind a window? Or are those spots from the image superimposed?

This orb photo has very wobbly legs and I'm not sure it can stand up to scrutiny.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
It looks strange that someone would just happen to be staring at the orb? That seems a little staged.

The super-imposition of the images seems like an obvious effect... the photographs that were blended don't look to have the same grain.

What are all those white spots against the treeline? Was this photo taken behind a window? Or are those spots from the image superimposed?

This orb photo has very wobbly legs and I'm not sure it can stand up to scrutiny.

Sorry for the long quote NWO...
I see what you are saying, but my relation to this thread is minimal. The guy staring is me, and no, I did not stage it. It as the only photo of its kind that was with the overlap image. As for the orb, I have those alot, but not in my current house. Just hers. It was the same night that two of us in the house "saw" someone walk through the bathroom. I have had a few experiences with the paranormal, just not had the time to post about it. More into the politics and space aspect of the site.
My question is, is there any other significance to the orbs or the overlaying of the photos...

And FYI, I have better things to do than alter photo's and post them. Check my profile and you will see. Plus, aren't you on my friends list, lol?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I will have more photo's in about ten minutes... Just hang on, as they are being e-mailed to me...

I only changed the faces to protect the people I know.
The distorted image is the only other messed up one. My GF corrected me on that.

edit to resize image

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Okay, the photo's should be corrected now. Please let me know what you think these orbs might mean if they are in her house, along with the sightings?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If you can visually see the orb with your own eyes then it's a "real" orb. The types of orbs you see in the pictures you posted are simply light from the flash reflecting off of particulates in the air. These particulates are usually just centimeters away from the lens and the flash, which causes them to be bright and out of focus.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Sure, if I had used a flash, which I did not. But thanks anyways!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
That is an interesting pic OP. The overlay could be a moving camera effect...but it seems too off to be a moving camera. To get that kind of overlay would require moving the camera very fast which would distort the rest of the picture. It looks more like a dimensional shot. Like two separate "You's" were caught at the same moment. Pure theory though. The orb i dont know, it does not seem anymore astonishing than any dust particle i have ever seen. but that overlay really is something.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Interesting that you say that. My girlfriend does graphics arts in college, and she thought the same thing. It was I who pointed out the orbs. I merely thought of this as a connection to the ghost or spirit. My weird ideas about who I am are really for another thread. But I am curious, as you see the difference between that one and the other that just "slid"...
What is up with that photo?!!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Lego Brick Obi-Wan here, is suffering from a case of Double Exposure

And the "orb" in his picture is a lens flare from the light source.

Could it be a similar thing we're looking at here?

I take it the photo was taken with a non-digital camera?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
actually, it was a digital. I can give you tee make and type if it helps?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
actually, if it had a long exposure time, you could easily get that effect. you'll see mostly the image you wanted when the flash fires, but if you don't hold the camera still for the duration of the exposure you'll get what you see here. i know on my camera i can get exposures that take a few seconds in dark areas.

[edit]

as for the orb, i'm going back to the old out of focus dust/water/pollen /etc particle. =)

[edit on 9-4-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I've never seen a digital camera cause double exposures like that, it's really weird.

As far as the orbs there are of course the ordinary explanations but those are obvious. If you can keep getting pictures of orbs, especially ones indoors, that'd be cool.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

It's double exposed and those orbs are just the grain from your cammera using a high iso at night. Don't reuse film it makes Jesus cry.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thanks again, and once again, it was a digital.... hold on a sec....
HP Photosmart M415 (5.2mp)
Not my camera. see my threads for my own equipment. I just think, as this forum is for this , that maybe it was a little paranormal-ish, and like I said earlier, maybe due to the spirit we have seen in the house before. I am not trying to create attention. My measly 300 views should attest to that fact,. Any Ideas on the very clear double exposure on this DIGITAL photo.Please stop treatng this like I have some agenda. Maybe this is why so many people are leaving this site...the skeptics treat us like morons....(not all of you)

PS, I don't mind it being nothing at all.

PPS My cat just went to the emergency pet hospital today, staying overnight. Please send good thoughts, save your prayers for the troops!

EDIT I know about the orbs now, thanks! I have some indoor ones now... I will try and get them....

[edit on 9-4-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This happens.

My wife took this pic of the xmas tree when my nephew walked past thus pic coming out that you could see tree and door through him

I tried to explain it to them and made him walk again to reduplicate her pic

Here is a pic of the tree and door as is..original.

The orbs is something else you mention, i have caught "orbs" but nothing else than dust particles imo.

This was a cloudy night and i took a photo of the clouds ,no "orbs" were visible when i took this pic but being cloudy and stormy logic it is dust particles..well just imo.

In all sometimes at the right time while taking a pic you can catch really nice and weird pics but nothing paranormal. All these were taken from a Sony W55 7MP Digital Cam.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join