It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zahi Hawass - Unkept Promises

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Never trust a front man who sweats when the camera is on him. Zahi Hawass sweats like a man with something to hide in case no one has ever noticed. The guy talks like he's speaking to a simply gullible audience and smiles to himself like a spin doctor overtly pleased with himself.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'm rather bugged about how slow Hawass is letting explorations go. I can remember years ago watching that robot crawl up the shaft live and finding... a door at the end. Then, after Hawass does heavens knows what for a year or two, he FINALLY decides to send another robot past that door. I watch it on discovery again and he finds... another shaft and a door at the end. I don't know what's happened since with that.

I can respect that they have to take their time and plan things so that they don't damage things, and I'd fully understand a delay of even, say, 3 months, while they work out the best way to get past a stone door, to use the above example. The egyptologists are also paranoid because of their past history, where Indiana Jones-style mavericks (usually foreigners) would go around looting stuff with abandon, even using dynamite (!!!) to blow open tombs in search of treasure.

Still, we have modern technology, and Egypt has a huge national department concerned with the pyramids and other areas of its heritage (whatever that department is that Hawass is head of, I forget his official title). You'd think that progress would move a LOT faster than it has. If they really found a chamber underneath the Sphinx, why aren't they at least making plans on how to get in? Sure, they might very well find something that turns traditional Egyptology on its head, but they're not going to find the Lost Ark or an alien corpse or a Stargate or something!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
deleted, sorry wrong info

[edit on 10/4/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

Hi there my friend,

I thought you and the majority of other posters on your thread might find the info (you can find by clicking the link below), about our secretive/sweaty friend (Zahi Hawass) very interesting

Lot's of details about the tunnel etc.

www.towers-online.co.uk...

Enjoy. Woody

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
reply to post by Sway33

Iv also heard it has something to do with the Muslim beliefs being predominant in that area, and lots of findings could go against the Qur'an time line. I suppose that could be a problem. Damn politics and religions.

At first I want to say Hi at all!

And then @psychedeliack: Could you please tell me what you mean by this? Do you perhaps have a link or sth. where you have this Information from?

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Kaleon]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaleon

I, too, am curious to know what psychedeliack means.

As far as I know the Koran has no 'timeline' -- you can't construct a historical chronology from it as you -- supposedly -- can from the Bible. It doesn't obsessively mention time periods and lifespans like the Bible does.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaleon

You know, personally I didnt think there was a timeline either, but I was just reading about it on some site, Ill try to find the link, but the reason why I didnt think it strange is because there are many supposed dates for all the different sects and they vary even within christianity, I just didnt question it since the source sounded like they were in the region and may know a thing or two about local beliefs.
Maybe the person meant christianity, either way, finding anything that would even discredit the christian timeline, I would imagine could effect the amount of tourism and even possibly inter secular relations. (I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors politically and religiously, I just assume there is a market for it which is carefully guarded against any loss of business or gain of discrepancy)

[edit on 4/19/2008 by psychedeliack]

[edit on 4/19/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The Koran has the same timeline as the Bible

its the same story....

we know when they were written and that was way after the events described in Genesis by scribes who were not there and who had no way of knowing the events they were supposedly recording. currently the secular paradigm is with it being written by a number of authors and then continusously edited by more starting around 1000bce.
www.geocities.com...

but its clearly fiction, as such a timeline on which its events are based is irrelevant.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

I too have been following such events and so far nothing has been revealed to the world.

As for Hawass,i wouldn't trust a word that comes out of that guys mouth!

Whatevers inside we are never going to know the real truth,that much was made clear when Rudolf Gantenbrink,the guy who discovered these door's,was eventually banned from stepping foot on the Giza plateau.

The pyramids of Egypt are highly controversial so if there's something within the Great Pyramid that can contradict current opinion then their gonna keep it a secret.

In the end,we will only see what they want us to see,nothing more.

www.towers-online.co.uk...
www.cheops.org...
www.cheops.org...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Howdy Jykall

...see what they want us to see,nothing more

I hate to ask but who are THEY?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Lol.

Don't worry,i'm not gonna start going on about secret sects or anything like that.

Who i mean by "they" are those high up in the world of Egyptology along with certain historians.

Many people have made reputations and wealth off of their theories and discoveries,and when something comes to light that may contradict them,instead of looking at it in a professional manner and maybe accepting they were wrong in account of the limited evidence they had to hand,they do everything they can to discredit the find and the finder.

To me,history isn't static,its constantly evolving and changing because of all the things that are being discovered and because of the things still undiscovered.But to certain people its unchangeable,they say,this is how it is and thats it!

Which is a shame and kinda an outrage too.

Herodotus wrote of passageways and rooms below the Giza plateau.He also described a room filled with water that had an island in the center and upon it was a sarcophagus.
In a recent documentry Zahi Hawass is actually sat in this room described in the exact manner by Herodotus;water,island,sarcophagus,and in the same location. And what does Hawass say,it's not the same! Its nothing important! Herodotus was wrong/misinformed!
I'm not sure when the documentry was made but Hawass now says that is is the place described by Herodotus but its still unimportant!

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.akasha.de...

[edit on 10-5-2008 by jakyll]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

i totally agree with that jakyll. dr.hawass, as i have said before, lets his national pride get in the way of true history. when it's the difference between the truth and how you want you ancestors to be remembered, the truth should win out.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

Herodotus wrote of passageways and rooms below the Giza plateau.He also described a room filled with water that had an island in the center and upon it was a sarcophagus.
In a recent documentry Zahi Hawass is actually sat in this room described in the exact manner by Herodotus;water,island,sarcophagus,and in the same location. And what does Hawass say,it's not the same! Its nothing important! Herodotus was wrong/misinformed!
I'm not sure when the documentry was made but Hawass now says that is is the place described by Herodotus but its still unimportant!

And as a "thank you" they call him "the father of lies". This is not the first account on which Herodotus was right and it wont be the last.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Many people have made reputations and wealth off of their theories and discoveries,and when something comes to light that may contradict them,instead of looking at it in a professional manner and maybe accepting they were wrong in account of the limited evidence they had to hand,they do everything they can to discredit the find and the finder.

Documented examples please?

You do seem to be forgetting that the majority of Egyptologist are not Egyptians, don't live in Egypt and are not Muslims. Why would German, French and other outside of Egypt Egyptologists be affected by Egyptian nationalism?

Skyfloating: Herodotus is a mixed bag, he took a lot of "common knowledge" as historical fact. Each item he wrotes needs to be taken and weighted independently.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree.

I've actually been told that Herodotus can't have been telling the truth because historians didn't exist way back when

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Herodotus is named as the first historian, other historical information had been written down but he created the first modern historical concept/writing.

Did he get stuff wrong.? Sure did

But then he was relating what information he had

For example, he reports that the annual flooding of the Nile was said to be the result of melting snows far to the south, and comments that he cannot understand how there can be snow in Africa, the hottest part of the known world, offering an elaborate explanation based on the way that desert winds affect the passage of the Sun over this part of the world (2:18ff). (He also passes on dismissive reports from Phoenician sailors that, while circumnavigating Africa, they 'saw the sun on the right side while sailing westwards'. Thanks to this brief mention, which is almost an afterthought, it has been argued that Africa was indeed circumnavigated by ancient seafarers—for this is precisely where the sun ought to have been.)

Herodotus basic info

Herodotus' invention has earned him the twin titles The Father of History and The Father of Lies. As these epithets would seem to imply, there has long been a debate—at least from the time of Cicero's 'On the Laws' (Book 1, paragraph 5)—concerning the veracity of his tales, and, more importantly, concerning the extent to which he knew himself to be creating fabrications. Indeed, every manner of argument has surfaced on this subject, from a devious and consciously-fictionalizing Herodotus to a gullible Herodotus whose sources 'saw him coming a long way off'.

More detailed info on Herodotus

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

You do seem to be forgetting that the majority of Egyptologist are not Egyptians, don't live in Egypt and are not Muslims. Why would German, French and other outside of Egypt Egyptologists be affected by Egyptian nationalism?

I know.
And i never mentioned Egyptian nationalism.

If you don't tow the line you're not allowed to look at the ancient monuments.(and that goes for other countries not just Egypt.)

Rudolf Gantenbrink has not been allowed back to the Great Pyramid since 1994!

People,such as Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval,who give alternative views (which may not always be correct) are not allowed to visit many ancient sites anymore.
Mark Lerner was only allowed back into Egypt after he stopped opposing Zahi Hawass and started agreeing with him.

Some finds discredited;

The Cocaine Mummies.(now proven to be true.)
www.druglibrary.org...

Gold chains (and other objects) found in coal dating back millions of years.
www.skybooksusa.com...

As we speak historians are trying to deny that certain underwater structures are not man made.
www.morien-institute.org...
www.sptimes.com...
www.ias.ac.in...

Some Chinese historians are still trying to claim that they don't have pyramids.
www.crystalinks.com...

I could find more stuff for you,but at the moment i'm just too tired to look.
Hopefully i'll have some by monday for ya.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Nationalism

Hans: Then what are the Egyptian Egyptologists in Egypt protecting?

If you don't tow the line you're not allowed to look at the ancient monuments.(and that goes for other countries not just Egypt.)

Hans: What is the line? Please give the criteria.

Rudolf Gantenbrink has not been allowed back to the Great Pyramid since 1994!

Hans: And what do you think is the reason for his not continuing his work?

People,such as Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval,

Hans: Robert Bauval lives part time in Egypt and I know he was there in April of this year

who give alternative views (which may not always be correct) are not allowed to visit many ancient sites anymore.

Hans: The rules of Egypt and many places in the world only allow Universities and acknowledged institutes to do digs at archaeological sites. That is to prevent looting and ensuring publication occurs. Bauval I know visited whatever sites he wanted in April, but I suspect you mean actual archaeology – he isn’t an archie by the way, nor is GH. They don't have the skills to do a proper archaeological dig.

Mark Lerner was only allowed back into Egypt after he stopped opposing Zahi Hawass and started agreeing with him.

Hans: He learned archaeology

Some finds discredited;

The Cocaine Mummies.(now proven to be true.)
www.druglibrary.org...

Hans: We discussed that one on this site – proven not to be true

Gold chains (and other objects) found in coal dating back millions of years.
www.skybooksusa.com...

Hans: Lets stay with Egypt

As we speak historians are trying to deny that certain underwater structures are not man made.
www.morien-institute.org...
www.sptimes.com...
www.ias.ac.in...

Hans: You might want to search the threads here, you're behind the info flow.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by jakyll

And as a "thank you" they call him "the father of lies". This is not the first account on which Herodotus was right and it wont be the last.

The "father of lies" thing comes to us out of antiquity, Skyfloating.

You can blame Manetho, Valerius Pollio, Aelius Harpocration, and Libanius, among several others of Herodotus' "collegues" for that, and leave off calling out modern historians for merely reporting on what historical figures from the past have said.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join