It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the RFID still on the way?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I just got through watching From Freedom to Fascism and they say that the RFID Card is coming out in may this year (2008) is this true? Is the Card still on the way? If it is, I'm not going to use it and I'll turn to buying blackmarket produce which will probably be in the future shortly if it's not already here. I sure am glad I live on a sorta half farm though, most of my needs will be met by the crops and livestock.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Wow, seriously.
Does anyone know anything about wheather it's coming out in May or not?
Someone, please, throw me a bone here.

-Jimmy

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I am unsure if it is or not, apparently some passports (Or is it drivers licenses?) will be getting chipped.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
www.ncsl.org...

31 days and 15 hours to go.

It's one of those things thats going to go through on a federal level but some states will do it, some won't, will be fighting it in court....

It's not like there will be some overnight change a month from now.

Personally I think this all expected to fail just long enough to bide time until wi-fi ID becomes commonly available. You can transfer much more information over much larger distances with wi-fi ID.

Legislators like to play a little game by proposing something benign and without teeth so they can get their real bills through easier. Rather than the people look at not being tracked at all as an option they will concede to being tracked and fight over which way they should be tracked.

An example of this happened in CT recently. The state tried to pass that microstamping nonsense and to make it more palatable they publicized this lesser known bill to have serial numbers etched on all ammunition and registered to the buyers. Outrageously impractical and completely ridiculous but the absurdity of that bill made the microstamping bill seem like a reasonable workable measure like a not so hot chick standing next to an ugly chick to make her look better by comparison.

Thankfully CT didn't pass either bill.......this year.

RFID, I think, is the ugly girl the no so pretty is standing next to to look more attractive by comparison.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
so what happens to visiters to the US? I will be going to Ohio by greyhound in May, then to Pittsburgh by Greyhound at the end of June?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Not sure about the progress but I watched a news clip the other day (can't remember the agency) but they said hackers are already on board and should be able to steal your identity just by walking past you on a crowded street

Apparently, scientist have already discovered how it can be done and they are expecting hackers to have a hold on it pretty soon.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well, for me I think that I am going with the 'ugly girl next to the really ugly girl theory' on this one. However, one thing I have noticed is that when I got my Ohio DL it is just like a credit card. I moved from Washington State and this was a little bit of a shock to me. When the DMV (or BMV like they call them here) person swiped my card through a machine I was wondering what that was all about. Now every time I go to deposit or withdraw money it is scanned. I'm sorry but it is NOT any business of this state when I draw my money out or put it in and it is none of their business how much I put in or draw out.

I love computers but I feel that this technology has quickly become the virus being introduced to freedom.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

That's what they say, but it's probably not true. You see the MSM doesn't like hackers cause they are all about spreading the truth. They seek knowledge and want to know what's really happening (kinda like ATSers). Crackers on the other hand are like the evil twin of hackers, they abuse the hacking ability to steal stuff, hackers just wanna learn.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
some places already have the rooms set up for making the id cards. I think the federal govt workers will get it first, then the contractors who work for the govt, and then on down to the regular person.

Course, I'm just guessing.

Tela

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
rfid card it wont be long before the RFID chip that will be imbedded under the skin that will hold your idenity ,finances,health records.

top topics

join