It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura on Larry King... WOW

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am from Minnesota, I voted for the guy when he ran against two "seasoned" political veterans, and when he won I thought it was the greatest political event ever. As he said, "we shocked the world". Then, over time, it became very apparent that even though he has a lot of great ideas, and said all the right things to get a lot of people who normally didn't vote, to vote, he couldn't/wouldn't work with the state legislature and he proceded to blame everything on the "jackals in the media". I honestly thought he had a chance at becoming president, until his gradual meltdown.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Ventura on Hannity & Colmes:

Funny how whenever they bring up a controversial subject and Jessie intellegently explains it they change the topic.

Oh, and I'm definitely digging the Ben Franklin hair...

[edit on 9-4-2008 by xstevenx]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Everyone going off on whether or not there vote counts when you seem to be so naive that you forgot the previous 2 elections. Did your vote really count then? I think not, so why should now be any different. I'm not going to even touch on what hackers may be doing in their basements.

As for Jessie I completely agree the 2 party monarchy has got to stop, corporate america really decides who is elected.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwatcher

It's imperative to understand that action is required
If you are a non-voter what are you doing instead of voting?

If voters believe that their vote is a voice, then what are you doing to speak your voice?

Are you an activist?
Do you organize or at the very least participate in rallies?

Understand that if you do not vote, but instead sit a home and do nothing then you are worse than voters.

You are the problem with Democracy.
How can the majority rule when the majority do not educate themselves before voting, or just sit at home and complain?

The majority only becomes the large or medium minority that actually educate themselves before voting, or do not vote at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I saw him interviewed on CNN.He was right on with much of what he says.It is funny when the interviewer asked on CNN well you have to vote for one of the candidates that are presented.His statement: he said "If you say you are just choosing the lesser of two evils then you are still choosing evil"why would you want that at all?Pure genius.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Escrotumus
He doesn't strike me as being very intelligent. I admire his passion and love for America though. I agree with him on everything but immigration. I think he's naive and ignorant if he thinks that illegal immigration and its costs are also not a huge contributor to America's financial woes. I'm sure all those Mexicans he thinks so highly of have a good laugh at him behind his back after they have taken his money.

I do think he was correct that we have to go after the businesses that hire illegal immigrants, not the illegal immigrants, if we want to control it. As it is now, most businesses simply hire another illegal when the others are exported.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I agree, you fine a business for $250,000 per illegal alien they have employeed, and you know what, they'll stop hiring them. The reason why I chose that number is that is the number that the RIAA and MMPA can sue you for per song that you illegally download.

Ignorant of the fact that you are breaking the law does not make you except to it. If you got a farmer using 8 of them, thats 2million dollars, if you have a meat packing using 400, thats 100,000,000 dollars, that makes a serious impact to the bottom line. Additionally, if your charge the hiring personnel with conspiracy to commit a felony, and give them 10 years, thats less inclination to hire them.

With all this being said, if we choose not to use illegal immigrants, then you need to be prepared to pay more for food, as a direct result of paying more for increased wages associated with having higher labor costs. Nobody that I know will pick vegetables for $8.00 an hr, 50-60hours a week, in the hot sun.

If a farmer was to do it legitatamately, then they would have to pay 12-16 an hr, or a 1.5 to 2X the regular cost of labor. Since labor typically costs 80% of the cost to of the food, you could estimate a 60-70% increase in food costs.

An example: A bushel of apples cost $30 regularly. Bushel typically has 40-50 apples in it. So it basically would cost 60-75 cents per apple. That apple know would cost 90 cents - $1.20.

Just something to think about.

I do think that we need to end illegal immagration, but that is done by documenting people, not throwing them in jail for trying to make a living for there family. If we increased the seasonal worker permits, opened more offices to process them, and gave them permission to work here for 6months or a 1yr, then return home for 6months before returning, it would give them more inclination to do it legally. The majority of the people that cross the border do so to work, to make money. Not to break any serious laws. If you make it easier for them, they will follow the law.

As far as the 2 Duel Monarchy we have in the U.S., I agree it needs to end. I'm a democrat and will vote for Obama. If I were republican, I would vote for Ron Paul. When the primaries end, I think I'll write in non-of-the-above.

I would seriously like to look into getting Non of the Above put on all ballets, I think it would be a serious wake up call for the candidates.

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I agree with his position on illegals.

Despite all the propaganda, most of these people come here for jobs, not to be criminals or mooch off welfare or whatever.

Start aggressively pursuing employers who knowingly hire illegals instead of citizens, and illegal immigration won't be a problem anymore.

If we hadn't screwed both ourselves and the Mexicans with NAFTA, there probably wouldn't be as much incentive for Mexicans to leave anyway.

Say what you will about Ventura, but he makes a lot of sense.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Like the poster on the top of this page said, when he ran in Minn it seemed great, like he was actually going to do things, but in the end he talked the good talk and ended up not doing it.
Then to ad insult to injury, he had complained how the Gov's office wasted money and how he was going to be different. Yet when he left office is spent hundereds of thousands of tax payers dollars on his leaving office gala. Made the news was quite a big mess, so Jesse is trying to get himself in the limelight again but he is NOT fit for the job of president and it is funny how he calls bush and cheny hipocrites yet he is a Gore backer.....the kind of double talk himself

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I agreed with alot of what Jesse had to say. More and more people are speaking out, which is a start. Too bad it is to late for him to run for president. I think he would have a shot if he wasn't assassinated first.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
On The Topic Of Attacking Those Who Refuse Their Right To Vote, and admit it.

Our Electoral System is not inspiring. The only state's that seem to be movers and shakers are swing states.

This has a root in Amercans having an unspoken 50/50 divide politically. Our Electoral College, which votes on behalf of the voters is only part of the problem. The electoral voting body as assigned by congress, has a very simple job. They Count The registered voters in their state, and then go through the motions that they considered the moral choice to vote for the choice bias of "likely" higher turn-out of voters.

For Example, If by The Bell Curve you have a democratic party dominated state or a proportionately larger democratic registered voting public, proportionately speaking you will have a higher average turn out of democrats voting than republicans, so the Electoral College votes Democrat, on behalf of the people during the election.

This is where Voting on The Presidential Level get's sort of invalidated. If I were, a Republican and I wanted my voice heard by voting in a democratic designated to win state, It would be like yelling in a tornado.
You could hear your voice, but could the guy 10 feet next to you hear you?

The outcome of your vote presidentially would have no bearing if you live in a state whose majority of registered voters are of the opposite party.

Now Swing state's are where there is no real defining line between which party has more registered voters, so these states are the make or break state's. They can tip the scales, either way. However, this is where the voter polls are distracting. Numbers are just numbers until election day, they have little purpose other than just swirling up some hype one way or an another for a particular topic or candidate.

The Last Way That Voting is Broken in my opinion is, people will say well if my state is this way and has a small population, how can we compete against bigger states who vote the other way?

I think our political options need to be re-examined. Mainstream media does not give fair and accurate coverage, to more than 2 party polotics. It's always the same imaginary blue or red. Real Polotics has more than 2 identifiable parties made credible. How many times have you seen or heard the news media jumping on the 3rd option more solidly than the obvious red or blue option?

If you want to get America Excited about Change, Why doesn't our government give credibility to the "microbrew candidates", with home-grown local policies that could do a world of good better, than the same old, same old.

Apathy is created within a system that only gives the illusion of choice, it's just like going through the motions of a doomed to fall short marriage. lol

It's Time Republicans And Democrats Alike Sit Down, and manage their growth by giving birth to more parties originating from theirs.

A Democratic inspired Grass Roots Styled political party, or a Republican Cattle Baron style are examples. Why not develop new Parties, with the full backing and blessings of the Old to inspire voter confidence. I'm sure It will give special interest groups more options, wouldn't that be good for the voters too?

It also would serve to cover the asses of the polotician who feels like the largest donation has to be the opinion he or she publicly must back, when 10 years previous they were totally against it.

Hit The Reset Button America, The XBOX and polotics can be similar if you were committed to starting the game differenlty, from your last saved.

-Matthew B. Graybeal aka ADHD

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Kudos!! jesse "the body" venture is the man. keep spreading the word.

thanks for this post. starred and flagged!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Finally got round to watching the vid.

If I was American, I'd vote for him if he ran. He made more sense in a 10 minute interview than Bush has in 8 years.

Paul/Ventura would be a hell of an independant ticket really.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Buddyweiser

I forgot where I saw/heard this (maybe a political cartoon):
What are the venues where people go to "cast their ballots" generally referred to as?------POLLING PLACES... and for good reason IMO.

Because that is all that is actually occurring!.

PTB are just taking an Official public opinion poll to see how well their propaganda institutions have fared in shaping the masses opinions.
These Polling results may even be tallied by the PTB, but again, IMO, they are not used for anything more than to gauge how to further proceed in the continuing "Battle for the Minds" of the masses.
I kinda see it this way; We cast our votes, the PTB get to say "See everybody, we have regular open democratic elections", then they select "their" candidate, and manipulate "election" results to support their choice.

[edit on 10-4-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
That was a great interview and Ventura makes much sense in his statements. With regards to global warming, I couldn't agree with him more. Even if you don't believe in global warming, lowering emissions and using less fuels are still good things. Ventura also made a great point regarding immigration and the building of 'border fences' when he said that a fence put up today to keep people out, may be used 10 years from now to keep people in. I had never even thought of the issue in that regard, but it makes much sense. It's a shame that Ventura isn't running for the Presidency. He's really gotten my attention.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zodgilla60
I am from Minnesota, I voted for the guy when he ran against two "seasoned" political veterans, and when he won I thought it was the greatest political event ever. As he said, "we shocked the world". Then, over time, it became very apparent that even though he has a lot of great ideas, and said all the right things to get a lot of people who normally didn't vote, to vote, he couldn't/wouldn't work with the state legislature and he proceded to blame everything on the "jackals in the media". I honestly thought he had a chance at becoming president, until his gradual meltdown.

I'm sure that meltdown had NOTHING to do with the INFILTRATED by the enemy MEDIA in this "free" nation of ours , right?

Naw THAT couldn't be it, it must be somethin' else...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Now this is a man who knows actions speek louder than words. The real people in power are really afraid of this man!

I would not be suprised to see him killed in a strange "accident."
Our founding fathers would be very proud of Jesse. Great post! Starred and flagged!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Why would I vote when my vote dosn't matter. Why would I vote even if the system was working fine and my vote could actualy go the other way I voted. Forget the fact that bush cheated his way into office, but I don't consider it voting when they throw away a simple system of so many people voted this way and so many voted the other way count it up. But no instead there's a 50% chance (At best.) that my vote will not only count but count for the opposite guy. And my choices are a turd sandwich and dooche bag. So no I'm not paid to think this way.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstevenx
Ventura on Hannity & Colmes:
Funny how whenever they bring up a controversial subject and Jessie intellegently explains it they change the topic.

Oh, and I'm definitely digging the Ben Franklin hair...

He roasted those doucheb@gs. Did he convince anyone of those truths who actually watches that show in the first place?

PERHAPS!

Which is better than most everyone.

Attention ATS!!!
Remember to write in your candidates when you cast your ballot!!!

Ron Paul for President...

Alex Jones for VP...

Jessie Ventura for Sec. of State...

Charlie Sheen for Surgeon General...

The-Blessing-Of-Vision for either:

Ambassador To The Caribbean (pick a country)

Mayor of Las Vegas

Gynecologist General (unlicensed... true... however... revolutionized the field in college as an undergraduate... known as a true visionary in the field by his peers... inventor of the hubacher-scripps maneuver... and the greatest praise... 100% patient satisfaction...)

sorry I beat that joke into the ground like a teenage girl beating another teenage girl...

[edit on 4/10/2008 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

[edit on 4/10/2008 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Its all good except for the Al Gore stuff, Gore is currently peddling Americas next demon, Global warming, which is the enemy he will fight when he runs for president. we've seen too much BS from these politicians, with previous presidential candidates striking the fear of the likes of communism WMD's and terrorists into the hearts of the public to fall for the crap people like gore spew forth. Gore is a liar and he has forever tainted and cheapened the Nobel prize by receiving it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join