It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY is on a banning spree - now after your water!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Why hasn't someone else dug this up yet?

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. — The Suffolk County Legislature is considering a local law to ban bottled water from being used in government offices.

The measure is expected to go before the legislature Tuesday. It would bar the county from spending any money on single-serving bottled water of one liter or less.

www.foxnews.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Nope, not just from Faux, er, Fox News. The other side is weighing in as well:

Next Tuesday, a bill will go before the Suffolk County legislature banning single-serving water bottles from all government buildings. As far as I can tell, the law wouldn't outlaw bringing a bottled water into a government office -- it just bans all government offices from spending money on the supposed eco-menaces. Aren't plastic bottles going to be the next plastic bag?

www.greendaily.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now the real question: Why is it that some governmental body can tell a supposedly free people what they can and can't drink? This is the same state that banned trans-fats from all restaurants a while back. Are NYers really willing to let their government pick their diet? And is the rest of the country next?

TheRedneck

(My apologies if this has already surfaced, but I couldn't find it.)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Now the real question: Why is it that some governmental body can tell a supposedly free people what they can and can't drink? This is the same state that banned trans-fats from all restaurants a while back. Are NYers really willing to let their government pick their diet? And is the rest of the country next?

TheRedneck

Nope... not telling people what they can drink at all..

As far as I can tell, the law wouldn't outlaw bringing a bottled water into a government office -- it just bans all government offices from spending money on the supposed eco-menaces. Aren't plastic bottles going to be the next plastic bag?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Yeah, this is a pretty 'green' decision. Good for Suffolk county.

I'd like to see this sort of initiative being taken in more places we give our tax money to.

edit: grammar
[edit on 8-4-2008 by memoir]

[edit on 8-4-2008 by memoir]

new topics

join