It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-War Protests Disrupt Petraeus Hearings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Anti-War Protests Disrupt Petraeus Hearings

rawstory.com

Anti-war protestors demanding the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq and highlighting civilian deaths disrupted a crucial Senate hearing Tuesday featuring the top US general and diplomat in Baghdad.

One man stood at the back of the wood paneled hearing room screaming "Bring them Home," "Bring them Home" before being hustled out by US Capitol police to a standing ovation from fellow protestors.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well, we know this will obviously fall on deaf ears, but I give these folks credit for going after these people...At least they made it past the "Free Speech Zones". LOL

It's pretty sad when a couple of handfulls of folks in the Whitehouse and Pentagon can hold all of america and its soldiers hostage INDEFINITELY to carry on their trainwreck, despite our opposition to it all. What a mess.

Earlier, a woman stood on her chair in the public seating area as Republican presidential pick Senator John McCain began his prepared statement to the committee.

"Senator McCain there is no military solution," she shouted, and held up a banner with an identical slogan.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I am by no means a Mid-East expert and I'm guessing most of us don't know which groups/factions are really on whose side, but this article brings up an interesting point...

www.iraq-war.ru...
Someone should ask General Petraeus today why he is working so hard to help Iran. This is not to suggest he is some sort of enemy of the state. I suppose he is following orders, but why doesn't he question his wildly counterproductive and conflicting orders?

All of these objectives seem to be diametrically opposed to what we want in Iraq. So why have we thrown all our military muscle behind them? This is not just a rhetorical question. I'm actually curious as to what the answer is. Why are we helping ISCI and Bard Corps split up Iraq and allowing Iran to gain even greater influence inside Iraq?

I'd like to hear that answer.

new topics

join