It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Considers 'Global Warming Tax'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Los Angeles Considers 'Global Warming Tax'

www.desertdispatch.com

Billed as a "climate change mitigation and adaptation fee," the measure would cost motorists either an additional 3 percent motor fuel tax, or up to a $90 annual flat fee, based on vehicle emissions. The new charges would be on top of taxes already paid at the pump. Either option requires a majority approval by a vote of the people.

"At this point the people of the Los Angeles region have just had it when it comes to traffic and air quality," claimed Assemblyman Mike Feuer, a Los Angeles Democrat and author of Assembly Bill 2558.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just when I thought California couldn't get any more ridiculous with it's sky-high taxes on EVERYTHING, now we have this being tossed around.

Have we established that this is even a real, lasting phenomenon, or is this the latest way to generate fear and income for the gov organizations?

www.desertdispatch.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Yes, I suspect that economists will generally drift towards this idea of taxation:

en.wikipedia.org...

It is highly supported by Greg Mankiw, of Harvard's economics division.

In reality of course, this means a tax on gasoline and business pollution... destroying industries and mass transport while saving the planet.

Im not sure about this proposal, at any rate the taxation would need to be offset against a lower income tax for me to even think about supporting it. (Not that it matters, since im british)

new topics

join