It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California: Police Raid Car Enthusiast Gathering, 'Generate Revenue'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by bergle
Police are rapidy becomming more militarised everywhere.Any day i expect to see the news that they will be armed with sub-machine guns like their European counterparts......
( not that they dont shoot enough people with the guns they have...)

I wish we were armed with sub-machine guns, we are out gunned left and right everyday, we have shotguns and 9mm's and the criminals have cheap AK's and cheap Mac10's, criminals are buying body armour frequently aswell.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
OMFG! I've been dealing with this crap for about 12 years now. It's always the same argument: Why do you need a faster car if you aren't into street racing?

First off, drive a Yugo, then drive a Lotus. Inside, they are about the same size (ruoghly). I would put a bet that at least 99 out of 100 police officers would take the Lotus any day over the Yugo. Why? Because it's a nicer car, more responsive to the road, safer feeling all around, and if you need to pass someone, you can. The car runs smoother, handles better, and looks alot better.

What's the point of that? Most of these guys are building Ferrari's and Lotus' out of Hondas and Toyotas. They are building nice cars, and in alot of cases are increasing fuel mileage by adding more power. I met a guy who moved to Wyoming from California because they wanted him to put a spark arrestor and muffler on his HD (things are loud, but it was vintage bike... 1937, I believe... may have been Indian, not HD), and were forcing him to DETUNE his 69 Camaro to meet emmission standards. Seriously, when your laws are so strict that you are made to detune your car to get within the emmissions bracket, somethings wrong. The police and state apparently look at import racers the same way.

One thing I know they claim to be worried about is the illegal street racing. That's fine, they should be. I've participated in street races quite often in the past, and the cops wouldn't bug us until someone complained... but we have alot more straight and open roads with no traffic at night, but the same concern applies. I have NEVER seen aggressive police action at any car rallies, even when you know about 75% of the people have at least marijuana on them.

It's a freakin hobby... how long before they start giving out illegal audio equipment tickets just because your car's system has the POTENTIAL to climb above the legal decible level?!?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This is not about generating more revenue than it cost.
That is irrelevant. As long as it breaks even. It supports continued operations.

We now live in an age where any government agency which exists, can do pretty much anything it wants, as long as it generates sufficient revenue from the action. And any corporation will do anything it can to generate more revenue. Is if for the stockholders? No I own lots of stock and have for years. I don't get beans out of them for profit. It gets divied up by the executives, or used to launch the perpetual expansion demands.

To put this simply it is "Predatory".

As long as you can rationalize the prey as being unworthy what is the harm?
You are doing good!

Aren't you?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Any cops on this thread?

I ask this in relation to the human rights violations they carry out daily in order to advance their careers. Not all cops do this, but the machine behind law enforcement has become a political lion that hunts and eats the weak and uninformed of society. If you buy into this philosophy, the corporate capitalist idea that has leached into our "system of law", it leads you into the disfunctional us and them idea.

ie. the popo against the world.

So, back to my first question...any cops on this thread? Why are the powers that be trying to crush everyones right to freedom because of the abuse of a few?

Who the f*%$ gives you the right to crush freedom loving people because some dick gives you the order....read the constitution... this country was founded because of the abuse of power by CHURCH AND STATE....now you are abusing your power given to you by CHURCH AND STATE...when will the cops understand that they are pawns in the big game?

Let it go and become an American. At one time in history the word "American" meant freedom...now it seems to have degenerated to the meaning given to the oppressors that we, as "Americans" first fled from and hated.

GIVE ME FREEDOM OR GIVE ME DEATH

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Any cops on this thread?

I ask this in relation to the human rights violations they carry out daily in order to advance their careers...

I am a officer, and to the best of my knowledge I havent commited any human rights violations.

So, back to my first question...any cops on this thread? Why are the powers that be trying to crush everyones right to freedom because of the abuse of a few?

I dont know what powers that be you are refering to, and I would like to know what you mean by freedom crushing.

Who the f*%$ gives you the right to crush freedom loving people because some dick gives you the order....read the constitution... this country was founded because of the abuse of power by CHURCH AND STATE....now you are abusing your power given to you by CHURCH AND STATE...when will the cops understand that they are pawns in the big game?

If you dont like the orders we get then sue our departments, everyone else tries to. How does Church fall into this, my preacher has never told me to do anything work related? I have never considered myself I pawn, I like knights better.

Lt.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If you think that is bad, you should read the new law about being a spectator of street racing.

They recently passed a law that makes ALL street racing a FELONY now, not just a mistermeaner. If you happen to be parked on the side of the road, watching two people drag race, well YOU can be arrested, or ticketed JUST FOR WATCHING. Yes that is a real California law, look it up.

Also, tinted windshields and front passenger windows are NOT illegal, but there is a tint darkness limit. If it is too dark you get a ticket, because they believe that the dark tint makes it difficult to see at NIGHT. It's a distraction to the driver.

Just like it is illegal to have a crack in your windshield. It's illegal to have a broken windshield because the crack in it is "obstructing your view".

You can't hang things from your rear view mirror either. People like to hang necklaces and other stuff from their rear view mirror, but this is "obstructing your view".

You can't put your GPS devices on your windshield either. Even though every single aftermarket GPS device comes with a suction cup for your windshield, its illegal to put it on the windshield because it is "obstructing your view".

Funny though, how windshield wipers aren't illegal. They pass back and forth in your view over and over, while in the low visibility rain.

Anyway, its obvious humans make/pass laws before they even THINK.

As for the police ganging up, I think well all are missing a crap load of information, and we shouldn't be making any comments about it unless we get all the information.

For example, over in my hometown there was this parking lot that was very very popular. It was right next to a popular fast food place. People from all around would get their cars, and just go there to show off, every Sunday. They weren't exactly all street racers, most of them were just modified cars. With special paint jobs, lighting, and other details, they would go show off what they did to their cars. Obviously a lot of those were street racers, or wannabes, but that didn't matter. What mattered was, this place was popular for many years. Over the years, things have added up. Not only has their been car accidents in the parking lot, but there have been fights, and gang activity, and illegal gambling and drugs. Mainly stolen car parts have been found on many cars. Over the years, the cops have been watching this little parking lot and realized a lot of illegal activity can be found in the gatherings. So every Sunday, more and more cops would show up to watch the parking lot. Sooner or later, now at this current time, the meeting place has moved. That parking lot is no longer popular. Nobody shows up on Sundays anymore.

The point of the story is, we have no clue what the background info is on the parking lot that the OP's story took place in. For all we know these people show up every day, and they have been spotted racing before.

What is known though, is that when cops pull you over on suspicion and they don't find anything, they WILL find something to get you for, so they don't look stupid.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
At least they are not doing this here in Florida - yet. Plenty of legal places to race down here in Florida, so I guess the problem is not that bad here (I love Daytona!). Plenty of auto enthusiast get togethers down here too - dont see police doing more traffic direction and minor crowd control.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Dimensional Detective, I appreciate your research & other work you've done. This is an important story. All patriots should be aware of those criminal-organizations, such as those 'federal' agents/police officers, who are just as greedy & blood-thirsty as their masters: Zionists/Nazis & globalist bankers, who support the New World Order.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join