It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shown images by entity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Its been a while since I have had a lucid dream, but the other week I had one and started to have an OBE. I have never actually had a proper OBE, i have always started to have one but got to a stage where im to scared to go any further and actually fully leave my body. It always seems like theres a presence in the room with me aswell and not a nice one. Sometimes it feels as if its pushing me back in or just not letting me have this experience. Anyway, the other day I was in my friends bed sleeping and I began to have all the sensations that people have when they are having an OBE, I was paralyzed, could hear a noise in my ears that sounded like wind, my body was vibrating and I could feel myself leaving my body anyway, the usual thing happened. It felt like someone was in the room with me and when i looked in the direction of it in my head I was shown faces of people i'd never met in my life. But these faces were gruesome. Some had eyes missing, noses missing, all mutilated and horrible. With that my friend came back from shopping and everything went back to normal. What the hell could it have been? I was quite shook up by this and ofcourse i didnt tell my friend because he would have got me sectioned haha. I dont feel like im crazy so im ruling that out. But man, I wonder what it was? Has anyone ever encountered something while OBEing or any serious spiritual people that can offer advice?!

Thanks.
Matt

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's called "sleep paralysis", and happens to a bunch of people. There's nothing demonic/spiritual/ghostly/paranormal about it, it's just what happens when the body and the brain wake up at different times. Spooky? Undoubtedly. Paranormal? Not in the slightest.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In terms of seeing all sorts of mutilated people I would have to say that you probably have watched a few too many horror movies. Doesn't sound like anything demonic cause if it was, it would have done alot worse a long time ago. If you are trying to experience a full OBE, I recommend a deep meditation to clear your mind of those types of images before attempting an OBE.

I agree wit dave420 that sleep paralysis is quite common and doesn't always mean paranormal. That does not necessarily mean that if something paranormal is going on then you won't experience paralysis though.

new topics

join