It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US planning open-ended military commitment in Iraq: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

US planning open-ended military commitment in Iraq: report

rtrawstory.com

Citing a copy of the draft strategic framework agreement dated March 7 that it obtained, the newspaper said that the document is designed to replace the current United Nations mandate, which expires at the end of the year.

According to The Guardian, the agreement allows the United States to "conduct military operations in Iraq and to detain individuals when necessary for imperative reasons of security" without including a time limit.

It also does not put any limits on the number of American forces allowed in Iraq, the weapons they can use, the legal status of US troops in Iraq or the powers they hold over Iraqi citizens.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Fixed Link To Story

[edit on 8/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Looks like the US is in Iraq for good - perhaps this is why they never had any plans for pulling out drawn up.

Welcome to bushes annexation of the mideast - where next?

Already friends with undemocratic countries, despite shrub being adamant he supports democracy, plans have now been drawn up for the permanent occupation of another sovereign nation where there will be no limits on...
well pretty much anything - they can use whatever weapons they want with impunity against whoever they want with no legal recourse.

I hope the UK gets out soon - I don't want to see us tarred with the same brush as the US.

They SAY that iraq will not be used as a platform for offensive operations against other nations.

Just who the hell are they trying to kid...

Fixed Link to Story

[edit on 8/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
With people losing jobs left and right, as well as myself at a lose for a job right now, where are they going to get the funds from? Do they plan to swindle the general public even more into a state of turmoil, ensuring that people pay top dollar to provide for family and loved ones? I swear America has lost it's luster of being a peaceful nation (if we were even one to start with.) Now we have become nothing more than a playground Bully. Moving out of this place the minute the opportunity first arises.

Stared+Flagged for interesting story. Hope for more development on this.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leviatano
where are they going to get the funds from?

That's what people don't get. It doesn't matter how low they are on funds.

This isn't the United States vs Iraq. This isn't Bush and Cheney trying to conquer the world. This isn't a situation where we can say it's going to end when the US economy finally hits rock bottom.

People need to see who is really pulling the strings. Bush and Cheney do not run this country. They're insignificant. They aren't making the decisions.

It's true, the American taxpayers are paying for this. The economy is intentionally being collapsed. But once the economy has finally collapsed, that does not mean this imperialism is going to end.

The ones pulling the strings in these conflicts have an endless supply of funds and an endless amount of power. They'll get what ever done that is necessary, when ever it is necessary, and by what ever means necessary, regardless of American taxpayer funds.

People want to shrug off these "new world order" and depopulation theories because they don't want to believe they're true, but that is the "end game." That's the goal.

It doesn't matter what country collapses and how they collapse. These truly are men without countries. They aren't affected by one country's fate, and if that country does meet a certain fate, you can bet it was planned that way.

This is not the United States. The resources and the funds of the United States are being used to commit these acts, but they are not the acts of the United States. It's like someone using your gun with your finger prints to kill someone.

It's a coup d'etat of the highest means on the highest levels of the global structure economically, politically and militarily by unelected and seemingly invisible men in the eyes of the masses.

It sounds like a fantasy conspiracy of ultimate proportions out of a Hollywood movie, which is the reason so many people do not take it seriously, but it is very real. Anyone who has looked at this, with an open mind, could see that this is not the work of one nation or one administration.

The plan for Iraq was never about Weapons of Mass Destruction, nor was it about Saddam Hussein. It was about controlling the production of oil to drive up gas prices, particularly in the United States, driving the national debt further in the hole to pay for the war, at taxpayers' expense, and raising inflation as a result of a struggling economy due to higher gas prices, higher food prices, and increased Iraq War funds.

As a result, this administration's, and those pulling the strings, stock in oil and Halliburton sky rocketed, resulting in huge profits, and the corporate interests who paid for the sham election in the private security firms and defense contractors win huge contracts to supply the United States military with weaponry for the on-going conflict.

Iraq is now essentially an overseas dependent of the United States and it is where United States military personnel will be based until an entity entitled the "United States military" ceases to exist. It provides easy access to whoever does not go along with "the plan." Its within striking distance of Syria and Iran. Russia can be hit if the Qabala radar site in Azerbaijan is ever knocked out. And the boogeyman illusion known as Al Qaeda forever lives with a presence in the region that causes hatred and tension among the oppressed Iraqis and Afghans who then decide that the only way out is to fight back, thus creating a physical Al Qaeda entity.

Everybody wins except the American people. The Constitution only applies to those who control it. The American Dream is only a reality to those who can pay to live it.

"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Well said, I would add to your comments that not only the American people loses in this venture, but all people of all the countries involved.

The people that are arranging all this like you said don't care about countries they care about their big fat pockets and once the situation in Iraq has run its course they would find another nation from which they could deplete their resources, Iran is next on the list and after that they have plenty of countries in Africa which have found thenselves with resources that they could target.

Through all that a lot of people is going to suffer and die, while the puppetmasters acquire more control and wealth. And to be honest I don't see the end of it, especially now that many of these wealthy individual have lost so much money while they tried to plunder the U.S. middle class and then it exploded in their faces.They would be hell bent in making that money back in any way, shape or form.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Offtopic - Darn that reply button!

Ontopic -
I have heard people scream and shout that on the forums here, but never took to heart it's impact on everything until just now. Mainly the way you stated your point, and the quote seemed to sum it up nicely. As much as it was hard for me to believe at first, I can see the connection slowly taking hold. It also makes me wonder about our voting procedurs and whatever else we do in this country. Will it ultimately make a difference? If they have all these funds, and this power, what is to say to stop them from taking over the nation by any means necessary. Great post and eloquently put.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Where do people think they'll get the money from - not just for war but to prop up an ailing economy.

They'll get the money from the oil they now control - this is what it's about! And this is why they want to annex the whole of the mideast - either by "diplomatic" friendships or by conquest.
And I really think they'd prefer conquest.

They want to rid themselves of OPEc so that they can control the worlds fuel - this is one of the reasons why alternative fuels are never developed and won't be until it's too late.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Boy I can't wait until someone slips and lets out a free alternative to energy like using the oxygen or water or something to run our cars.

Them --->

US --->

Yet I'm not holding my breath as we all need our cars to move from point A to B since cities have things so spaced out, that to walk that distance might cause us Americans discomfort. The oil has become our "Precious"

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I think it has become more simple for those who want to make their money through greed than actually have control of the oil.

They don't need to control the oil flow to get rich, they just need instability, the instability in regions like the middle east and Africa has enable them to create a cloud of speculation on the oil market that has send oil prices through the roof, thus allow them to collect huge profits.

They need instability not control and thats why we are going to see conflict after conflict in those regions because it would be the only excuse that they have to sustain these ridiculous prices that we see now.

Once they discover that they could make their money that way, it just became easier for them, they don't need to worry about OPEC, who has oil and who doesn't, they would keep making their money anyways, by squezzing as much money as they can from the regular folk pockets.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
I would add to your comments that not only the American people loses in this venture, but all people of all the countries involved.

Yeah, I would say the UK is right there with the US in terms of losses on the "allied" side. On the "terrorists" *wink wink* side, I can imagine they're much worse off.

I truly feel for all the small people that are suffering at the hands of these pathetic bastards. I can only speak for Americans though as I haven't experienced what is going on in other countries.

It also makes me wonder about our voting procedurs and whatever else we do in this country. Will it ultimately make a difference?

Unfortunately not. If you look at most of the candidates that ran for president this year, you'll see that they have connections to organizations like the Council on Foreign Relations. That and the Federal Reserve are the major gateways for these people to control the United States.

The elections are just for show. They know who they want to win before the campaigns even begin and I'd venture to bet that it always ends up in their favor.

Boy I can't wait until someone slips and lets out a free alternative to energy like using the oxygen or water or something to run our cars.

People have tried. I've heard of water engines. But patents to produce the engine are always blocked by the United States Government. If that doesn't show people whose running the show then they're helpless.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I can't believe no-one is interested in this...

This is really important

Too important to be an ostrich...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Maybe we should just call it what it is.

That Other Military Draft

The Department of Defense reports that sailors and Air Force members are carrying out many different missions in Iraq, from traditional duties in the air and sea to construction jobs, medical operations, civil affairs, customs inspection, security, and detention operations. Most are promised non-combat roles in Iraq, but many have found themselves to be in harm's way once they arrive.

"Technically, these combat-related assignments do not violate service members' contracts," said Lawrence Korb, who handled manpower as assistant secretary of defense during the Reagan administration. "But many … are not volunteering for these jobs – they're being told to do them."
www.antiwar.com...

An actual "Draft" is certainly not too far off, if this crap doesn't end. I'm guessing they don't want a broken down 40+ year old man, but I doubt they requirements will be too strict. It's another body and they don't care whose.

[edit on 4/9/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As I've said in other threads, I don't believe a draft will ever happen. I just see no point in cracking down on personal firearms only to arm those very same people you disarmed with military grade weaponry. It just makes no sense to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Lets HOPE a draft doesn't happen, I'm sure if people in the oval office sitting in there comfy chairs wanted a draft they most certainly could start one right now. Wasn't there a report like a year ago or something like that of a guy who wanted the draft reinstated? That alone probably pushed the idea of a draft more into the mindset of the "leaders" unless it was already there to start with.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Leviatano

Yeah, they could impose a draft if they wanted to. But they don't want to.

See, people just see them as wanting this military might to conquer the planet. That's not the case. They don't care about military might.

As I stated before, this isn't the United States doing this. This is the true rulers of this planet doing this. They don't need military power to accomplish what they want to accomplish.

All they need is control over the economy. A lot of people don't truly understand the economy, and that only empowers these people more. The economy runs everything.

Just think about it. Without the economy, would you have food? Would you have water? No, so don't you think that's a pretty powerful tool to hold over people?

Would you have food or water without military? How about without government? I think you would. You don't necessarily need government and military to supply you food and water.

It all revolves around the economy. Without the economy, there is no military and there is no government.

When you control the economy, you control everything.

“Give me control of the nations money supply, and I care not who makes its laws.” - Mayer Amschel Rothschild

They control the economy. They control much of the planet.

It's like having a new puzzle. You have all of the pieces, you just have to put them together.

They have all of the countries, or at least the key ones, but they just have to put them together, i.e. world government.

They'll do this through the economy. They won't do it through the military, therefore, they do not need to impose a draft. Imposing a draft does more harm to them than good.

They're trying to disarm us. They're trying to take away our personal firearms. Why? So that we can't fight back.

So ask yourself this: What sense would it make to piss off millions of gun owners to prevent revolution, only to turn around and draft those same pissed off gun owners and arm them with bigger, stronger, more accurate weapons? Aren't you just asking for a revolution?

It makes no sense, at least to me, that they would impose a draft. I truly believe they will accomplish what they want to accomplish with economy and not military. They already control the economy, its less messy for them, and it is more powerful than any armed force in the world.

A draft just makes absolutely no sense to me. Maybe I'm missing something that others are seeing, but in all honesty, I don't think I am. I think people just see this situation as the big bad United States, they see Bush and Cheney as the masterminds, and they see them as war mongers hell bent on military destruction and they'll do anything to impose a draft to have more pawns to use.

If that is the image the real leaders of this country and the planet wanted us to see, then they did a good job of selling it, because too many people think that that is the case.

[edit on 4/9/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Wow! that's another massive post, I can see that they truly do run the economy (At least in a way to gain domination over the world) but I feel they may use things that are small to them (Like military) to draw people's attention away from them, Perhaps show that the president is incompetent as impose another draft? That way for a while they won't have to worry about people learning to much and what not.

As for the

So ask yourself this: What sense would it make to piss off millions of gun owners to prevent revolution, only to turn around and draft those same pissed off gun owners and arm them with bigger, stronger, more accurate weapons? Aren't you just asking for a revolution?

Could that be seen as draft those people, equip them and get them out of the nation to get a better hold on the nation? Get the "strong" ones out and go after those who can't fight back? While the "stronger" ones go overseas and combat "Terrorism" or whatever it is we are after now. It's basically hitting two places at once if seen from that perspective, but judging from the knowledge you have shown in this thread I see I may be looking at it all the wrong way.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Could that be seen as draft those people, equip them and get them out of the nation to get a better hold on the nation?

Thats possible. But if you piss people off prior to drafting them, do you think they're going to voluntarily, or without a fight, go overseas to do the dirty work for you?

Wouldn't they just abandon the military, stay home and keep the weapons in case "they" came looking for them?

And then what happens when they do come looking? It turns in to a fight? So they kill someone that they pissed off enough that he/she would disobey their deployment orders? Then what about all of the other people in similar situations that were disarmed and drafted? Do they disobey the orders too?

Then we basically have a huge fight between "them" and the military. I'm quite sure there are troops currently in the military, who clearly weren't drafted or disarmed, that don't approve of what is going on. So what if they see that as the opportunity to change things?

Now there's a revolt. It becomes much more complicated and alot messier.

I think the economy is the way they'll go. They can starve us with the economy. That is ultimate control.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Well that sure was something. 503 Service Area (something) as I was trying to type my response

err saw a typing error/misunderstanding in that quoted area. "hold on the other nation?" but your point still seems valid and to the point, no matter if I change it.

In my original post I was going to just state that there are just to many variables that they can use at the point and economy seems to be the easiest and safest way to go.

but...

I still see [in my mind] the draft happening, something goes awry and they try to blame it on congress and the president as they continue to gain a better holding on us through economy. "Oh yes we-we made some errors over there but just a few more weeks or months and they will be good as new! Also we will have to import a tax of sorts to help fund this war." (Using taxes and wars as a distraction from there main agenda using the economy.

*Sigh* would have been good if I saved that post, it was a lot better than this little tidbit and I can't recall everything that was in there, but I think I got most of the fluff out of it and slapped it back into a new post.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Another fine contribution, Budski

Thank goodness our government here in AU is committed to bringing home all combat troops from Iraq in June...

If we can only get them to do the same with Afghanistan

One can only dream, eh ?

Peace

top topics

join