It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My girlfriend wants to be a stripper...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My girlfriend of 4 years is talking about becoming a stripper. We had always talked about it because of crazy amounts of money should could quite possibly make. She is ok with it, and I am about 90% of with it.

What do you guys think? Would you ever let your significant other partake something like that? We are not hurting for money, but she goes to school, and currently works full-time and is totally stressed constantly. This is a job where she (and I) could live with more money in our pockets, and she could make her own hours, be in great shape, and raise her confidence.

Let me know what you guys think.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Perfectenemy05]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i say it depends on what type of guy you are. if you're protective then you might lean towards no. if you're proud of having an attractive partner and don't mind showing her off, then you might lean towards yes.

we can't decide that for you.

anyway, this thread is useless without pictures.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I started thinking about it, at first I was resistant to the idea. But then I started thinking...

She will be coming home to me every night

She will make lots of money

With the security in place, she is probably safer than the place she works at now.

I dunno...I guess im asking the "what if you were me" question.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i originally approached this from the "if it were me" perspective but i had a hard time putting myself in that position. i think if it was something she really wanted to do i might convince myself it's ok. but i think my gut feeling is no.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
it takes a certain type of person to be able to handle this. think of what she'll be doing every night. think of the guys who will be trying to win her affection with cash, think of the sugar daddy wannabes. think of the drug use that goes on in these clubs. think of the VIP room aspect - anything goes.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What Crakeur said.

It's not all moonlight and canoes!!!

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
There's definitely a 'dark side' to that kind of thing.

It might depend on the club and the type of dancing. If it's just topless and no lap dancing, then it might be OK.

If you haven't been to the club, suggest you go there and see what's up first.

Though the up side might be you make more money, if your girlfriend meets someone, or gets into drugs, it could end up costing you dearly.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't think I'd ever let a girl I've been dating for four years suddenly become a stripper. It'll mess things up too much.

Now on the other hand, I wouldn't mind dating someone who is ALREADY a stripper cause I know what to expect.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've also heard that the vast majority of these girls are either drunk or stoned while they are on the job.

Shows how hard it must be to cope with mentally. Pretty sad IMO.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yeah that would be a huge NO for me.

I know personally that is not something I would want my wife, or girlfriend in your case, taking part in. You never know what could happen as others have said.

Besides, there are other ways to make money.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think that you should be scared that your girlfriend even wants to do this. How did it come up? Just from the money aspect of it? Has she been fantasizing about it?

Sounds like big trouble looming on your horizon, I sure hope not for your sake, but if I were you, I'd try to talk her out of it.

Crackeur brought up some great points and those are probably just the tip of the iceberg.

There are going to be "after hour" parties. She's going to want to hang out with her new stripper gf's and bar hop, it's a train wreck waiting to happen IMO.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
if you trust your girl, which you should, and you feel comfortable with her working in a club i say go for it, support it

if you think you're with the type of girl that might .. do something or .. something .. i would reconsider .. maybe even the relationship

relationships are all about trust, but you been with her for four years so i'm sure you knew that

honestly, i wouldn't have a problem with my women working in a club, dancing. more power to her. if thats what she wants, great, i'll support her in any way i can 100% as long as she reciprocates

strip clubs can be dirty places with dirty people hanging out inside of them and dirty people working there but that doesn't mean everyone single guy that goes in the club is a dirty jerk or every single girl in there is a dirty chick

hell i know a chick who used to dance...shes an awesome girl, has a good head on her shoulders...she did it for the money and she made a lot of it

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There was a time in my life when I considered stripping as an option to make fast cash for shorter hours. The problem with this was that I am not the kind of person who isn't affected by my environment. Eventually I knew it would affect me, maybe even make me numb to things or bitter about men and life.

It's not glamorous, and its not like the movies. I honestly don't imagine that you will ever see her the same way again.

If either of you really sincerely love each other and want to have a future together or a family, dont do it.

There are some things in life you can never take back.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I really appreciate all the replys and advice.

It came up one night when we actually went to a club (just for fun as a couple no big deal) And she was watching and was like I totally do that (half joking, but serious)

Later on I was like "Well why dont you...good money...make your own hours, sounds like a good temporary gig."

She has not been begging me to let her or anything. And she would never do it unless I was ok with it.

Im not afraid of her going home with some "sugardaddy" or the back seat of some bro's lifted truck.

Has anyone ever been in this situation?

I think it could go ethier way...it might actually make our relationship stronger because she will see how much I trust her, she will have more confidence, and more money to boot.

She isnt some stupid hairdresser type (no offense to hairdressers)

I look at as long as

1.She doesent end up in the back of a lifted truck
2.Her attitude to me doesent change for the worse
3. No drugs (she has never done a drug in her life anyway.

Maybe im crazy to be ok with this.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

There's NO sex in the champagne room!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
got pics?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

yea this is something you've heard

i've heard A LOT of things that aren't true some far from true

like santa claus

and the easter bunny

did you ever think that maybe some of these girls are actually trying to earn an honest living?

maybe you don't realize this but strippers actually make decent money and usually only work part time

a lot of you guys seem scared of strip clubs and are so quick to label them and anyone associated with them as nasty, filthy people when in reality only some of the girls working there have the problems you speak of

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy05

you're not crazy to be OK with this

you know your chick .. you been with her for four years

judging by your post she seems like a pretty good girl too

no drugs... I highly doubt she's going to walk into the strip club, never have done a drug in her life and leave high as a kite

highly doubt it

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
a lot of you guys seem scared of strip clubs and are so quick to label them and anyone associated with them as nasty, filthy people when in reality only some of the girls working there have the problems you speak of

What the
are you talking about? FYI I have been to a strip club a few times. What did I think? Well I actually thought it was pretty lame and I'd much rather go meet women in a store or something instead.

did you ever think that maybe some of these girls are actually trying to earn an honest living?

maybe you don't realize this but strippers actually make decent money and usually only work part time

That's not the point. Just because they're trying to make an honest living doesn't change the fact that the job mucks with you psychologically.

Empathize with them. How would you feel about taking off your clothes for a living and then having a bunch of horny old freaks looking you up and down like a piece of meat? Not to mention the crap they have to hear from them all day.

In fact I'd go so far as to say that if the girls in that profession were given drug tests, about 80% would come up with something in their system.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
What the
are you talking about?

Alright... Calm down man.

FYI I have been to a strip club a few times.

Great, so have I.

What did I think?
what?

Well I actually thought it was pretty lame and I'd much rather go meet women in a store or something instead.
Agreed. I'm not a fan of strip clubs either but I don't feel like that leaves me in any position to judge the dancers working there and make statements like they're all either high or drunk when they're on stage.

That's not the point. Just because they're trying to make an honest living doesn't change the fact that the job mucks with you psychologically.
Yea you're probably right. But do you think it messes up every girl psychologically? I don't think so. A strong women can go dance in a club, make a killing in cash and go home to her man and be a respectable human being.

Empathize with them. How would you feel about taking off your clothes for a living and then having a bunch of horny old freaks looking you up and down like a piece of meat?

If this is something i seriously wanted to do, like how the OP makes it sound about his girl wanting to do it, I probably wouldn't think twice about it. In fact i think i might feel good about myself.. All these weird guys throwing money at me for dancing next to a pull. Man where can guys get a job like this? Sign me up.

Not to mention the crap they have to hear from them all day.
Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me. I'm sure a level of mental strength is required but when isn't it?

In fact I'd go so far as to say that if the girls in that profession were given drug tests, about 80% would come up with something in their system.

Ok, you're probably not to far off with this assumption. and i actually agree with this. But after reading the posts in this thread by the OP i'm fairly sure she belongs in the 20%.

I respect your opinions man I'm not tryna sway you or anything i just think a lot of people get it twisted when it comes to the females working in strip clubs.

Peace man

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Roland Deschain]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join