It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Something We Should Be Concerned About?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hey All,

I just read an article explaining the recent event in Russia where Putin fired the prime minister Kasyanov.

"The dismissal of Prime Minister Mikhail Kasyanov and his Cabinet also apparently bolstered the authority of Putin's inner circle of former KGB agents and set the stage for a makeover of the country's top leadership."

A large portion of the government seems to have just been hacked away. Now these KGB's have more power, which really seems bad to me. I guess I wanna hear from you all about what the implications of this are. Is this really bad? Or does this happen frequently in the Russian gov? Here's the link:

apnews.myway.com...

Whadya guys think?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't know, man, but that little dog is about to die!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Id have to say that the growing pains Russia has encountered in trying to switch over to a Democratic system are normal and not something we should worry about to much. What we really should worry about is the growing Chechen conflict which neither side appears capable of stopping.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I hope you're right. It's just that....the KGB getting more power. I'm worried that these remnants of the SU getting power will lead to changes that will mirror what the nation was 15 years ago. Although, I'm not well educated in Russia's system, so maybe I'm overreacting but still.....

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Russia wants checnyas oil second of course a former kgb agent is going to back his fellow hardliners.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
I hope you're right. It's just that....the KGB getting more power. I'm worried that these remnants of the SU getting power will lead to changes that will mirror what the nation was 15 years ago. Although, I'm not well educated in Russia's system, so maybe I'm overreacting but still.....

yeah I see your fear of remenatns of the SU's more brutal componants getting power but I dont think that being in the KGB will automatically result in you being a hard wing communist and thug. I dont necessarily fear that they were part of the KGB but more Im wary of it.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
here's a thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hmm.... maybe this Russia backing China in a US attack isn't quite as far fetched as some people think. I don't have any doubt at all that Russia doesn't like the US much... we took out Gorby and put in a "former" KGB agent. I'm sure the peeps are pissed about that. Now their 'president' fires a bunch of peeps and brings in MORE KGB? It's all a matter of time... there is no such thing as a "former" KGB. You're in, you're in for life. Duh.

BTW, did you know that we have "former" KGB agents that supposedly work for the government? I can't remember his name, but there was one I heard about not but a year ago who, if I remember right, is working with the CIA (or one of it's 'black-ops' components).

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
well earthscum, could be true about some in our government. that would fit this into the idea of a world government or order emerging.

about the other thread..yeah i read that one about an attack and it was interesting, but it still seems out there. but this KGB thing kind of does give it a little more credit, but before i buy into that, i need to see a few more signs and developments.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
is there anyone that has better knowledge of the russian gov and/or lives in russia that can help shed some light on this? thanks

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I don't know, man, but that little dog is about to die!!!!

LMAO...

new topics

top topics

join