It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyper-Bolic Time Chamber - A Reality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Increasing gravity as a means of training would definitely not be something I'd want to do. I would not want to subject the ligaments and cartilage in my ankles, knees, hips and back to forces they weren't designed to deal with on a constant basis.

Plus, I remember reading that you can't train your tendons and bones to be able to take as much weight as your muscles can. The biceps tendon for instance is prone to rupturing when attempting to lift 150 pounds (70 kg) or more. So I don't believe training in heightened gravity could ultimately make you any stronger than training in 1G could.

I can't wait to see evolution in action however once we start spawning new generations in future colonies on 1.5G planets, but that's for another topic to be opened by someone on ATS 200 years from now.

[edit on 11/4/08 by Symer]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Symer

Great post Symer, never exactly thought about the affects on bones and ligaments. I know that bones will continue to repair and heal any imperfections on its surface do to wear but ligaments would be a different deal entirely. Maybe you could take some sort of enhanced supplement to help repair the hurt ligament tissue or cartilidge. Starred.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
i think if you actually started training in a chamber like this yes you would gain extra body and muscular mass, but the down side would be that your joints and bones would suffer as well. your body is accustomed to a 1g environment and if you train in a 2g environment you might do some serious damage to your body. but the outcome would be a stronger human. if you raise your kids in it from birth to when they decide to leave yeah like the previous poster stated they would theoretically be stronger than humans but shorter and stockier. this post reminded me of the book series red mars green mars blue mars. the concept was that mars was Terra formed and eventually had humans living and breeding on it, but when the adults who were born and raised on mars traveled to earth they suffered many debilitating pains and illnesses bc of the different atmosphere and gravity on that planet compared to earth.

i say stick to the leg weights and hit the gym

::edited to give kudos to SYMER::

didn't see your post there about the bones and ligaments. kudos to you man didn't mean to tread on your post

[edit on 11-4-2008 by ghostryder21]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The problem of high-G would not necessarily be on the muscles, but on the blood, the vitreous humour of the eye, the digestive system and other internal processes which would be hindered or changed or otherwise adversely affected.

As some might recall, digestion was adversely affected on the space station. It was slowed, and the astronauts experienced loss of appetite. Similar, but opposite, effects would inevitably occur under high-G, depending, of course on how long you stayed.

Much better to train with weights, which have no deleterious effect on digestion or the blood flow.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Astronauts who go into zero G and stay there for a long time lose bone density. So I would assume if you trained in 2G you would not only get a hell of a lot stronger but your bones would become denser. Essentially you could become the man of steel with ultra dense bones.

I watched a documentary where they showed this contraption the astronauts used where one man pedals a bike which powers a centrifuge which another person is on to give that person some extra 'gravity' but I dont think any centrifuge would have the same effect as actually living and working out in a 2 G environment

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by guyopitz

Thanks for the reply, definently was more of the facts I was leading toward when thinking about this idea. Now I just need a large enough centrifuge to get my training under way, anyone know of a way to build a centrifuge?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

first of all the gravity chamber is an excellent idea but you would have to take into consideration that if you go in at 2gs and you are 180lbs you now weight 360lbs so there is really no need to bring weights in until your body has ajusted to walking running and jumping at 360lbs. the gravity chamber is already in exestince at NASA its the thing that the astronauts and piolts use to see how many gs they can take before passing out so the only adjustments would be to take the seat and expand it to a full size room and put it on its side and leave the inside walls flat so you can stand as the machine get up to speed and increase. so all who have the bright idea is good up to the point of bring weights in that would become a death trap because if the weight sslips out of hand you now have a projectile that weights however much you lift and bam your dead when it hits you in the head so weights are a bad idea in a gravity chamber. not to mention is that the persons body would become lighter and yes it would become faster cause your are use to hauling around a 360 or more pound body thus improving your speed and endurance and so on but beware the effects that it would have on your spine.
if any of you have any responses to my comments you can find me at myspace with the email address [email protected]
DBZfreak out

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

whats your ideas on the hyper bolic time chamber or gravity chamber? i would realy like to know, i want to create it to enhance my body.

from Namreheno

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I got two words for you SPACE CYCLE!!!!!!! look it up it can produce 7g which is 7 times the earths gravity which is just 3g away from Goku training with King Kai, and they say it will be in gyms before it is in space, oh today is a lgorious day for the human race will become sayians and we shall go super sayian once more lol but seriously look it up I almost orgasm with delight because I had your same exact thought. But now it will be a reality.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The Human body is a remarkable machine ... It can adapt to almost any environment it is placed in.

There has actually been a lot of research done on the effects of hyper gravity on the body.

Of course it puts a lot of stress on the system, but prolonged exposure to it causes the body to make some changes. I think that adapting to hyper gravity would be similar to when baby starts to be mobile ... It starts of by rolling around, then it gets to a point where it can crawl, and then stand, walk, run, and jump, etc.

In space, bones tend to de-mineralize a little and lose density because they don't need to be as strong in that environment. In hyper gravity, the bones absorb more minerals and increase in density to support the body's increased stress.

Blood flow is also affected. In order to keep the blood flowing properly, the artery walls become thicker and stronger especially in the legs to push the blood up to the heart and to the brain. The heart gets stronger too.

I can already leg-press more than twice my body weight, so I know I could at least stand up in 2g, but to move around, I think would take weeks of rolling/crawling/standing before I could start walking and running. During this time, the body will start adapting to life in the new environment.

But once you return to normal gravity, your body will start adjusting back.
So you would need 2-3 maintenance days a week to keep your body in that mode. But due to muscle memory, it would take less time to get back to where you were if you had to go a while with out it and then start using it again.

Keep in mind that if you were putting you body through all this, you would want to be consuming lots of protein and calcium rich foods as well as taking lots of supplements to give your body the elements it needs to make the needed changes.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

Okay, so I know this is an old thread, I saw this and just wanted to give my 2cents about the whole Gravity thing.

First, a gravity chamber is possible. You will get a lot of people that will say it's not, and a lot will say it is, the biggest thing that makes things in this world happen is money, and possibility with the right amount of money this can be done.

1). Money
2). Scientist
3). People that will take risk in building it
4). Space(you will need enough room)
5). Possibility that it can be done

Well, I was reading the other comments, and some are correct as I can tell, but training/working out in 2xG or any amount of gravity will not make you gain mass. To gain mass while working out, you need to take in something called Creatine for mass gain. If you don't want mass and just want to gain muscle, get stronger, and ripped like crazy, well then you will need to take more protein in your system.

Also, being in any type of gravity that is higher than normal Earth's, will make you faster. I am talking about running, jumping, a punch, a kick. Your punch and kick will be stronger as well. Mentally you will be stronger, knowing that you can take more punishment then anyone can give you.

Now, to start out at 2G's will just be crazy and stupid. You do not want to put that much weight on your bones, and organs, such as your heart. There is people that goes from 180 pounds to 360 pound in 6months, those people usually have a heart attack because it is harder to breathe, and too much on stress on their heart. Now, I would start by decimals such as 1.1xG and then go up such as 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, like that so my body will get use to being under so much pressure.

I was doing research, and was adding things up when I realized that when coming out of the gravity chamber you will need to go down in gravity before getting back to Earth's normal gravity. So, if you are in 1.5XG you will need to go down to 1.4, 1.3, 1.2, 1.1, and then 1 before getting to normal earth's gravity. I say this because you will be working out, in gravity not with weights. So, your whole body is working out at once, you will only be in there for a hour or two, but your body will think it has been working out for 6 months non stop, in just one day.

More on the topic, you can take in Creatine to gain mass, but in the end you will be slow... More mass, equals slowness, no matter what. You can train in 10xG for a whole year, and be at 360 pounds pure muscle. You will still be slower than, the person that trains at 10XG and only weighs 180 pounds. So, mass isn't everything! I also think with in a year of non stop training you can be up to 15XG at a normal weight. You will have to also take a break, with the Gravity Chamber, because of the pain you will be putting your body through.

If you plan on Fighting, such as Boxing, or MMA... You will be the champion until you retire, with all knockouts. So I say to get this done you need at least close to a million dollars, or over.

The person that said you wouldn't need weights in the chamber is completely correct. Gravity will work your whole body, by just walking in it. You do not need weights, if I was you I would start off with sit ups, push ups, kicks, punches, running, jumping, and maybe get a punching bag. That will help with power as well. If you want weight then just turn up the gravity a little bit. Be prepared to brake a lot of bones.

So it can be done, just need the finances to get it done.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
ACEBMC- The body is an adaptable machine'

-Good stuff!

Depth matters with underwater atmospheric pressures and biological changes.

Check this out,
you guys are talking about hyperbolic, people have mentioned this when I speak of underwater weight training, the garden hose analogy * is best to describe differences. Lets fill the chamber with water.. Nothing stupid!

www.youtube.com...

"I’ve always had a theory since i was 12 that weight lifting underwater (atmospheric pressures, unknown factors (x)) Would prime ones body for anabolic reactions! Muscle Growth, increase of ease to maintain homeostasis (Heath)(with the right diet and exercise of course) My first theory was to scuba dive then go weight lifting… Well as i got older, I thought, Why not just Bring the weights Down to the Floor level! Nitrogen uptake would definitely increase with work output, The benefits come from No Swing (these are current observations) 65 lbs there is no way to get above your head swinging to do military presses. The water evenly distributes pressure , biological changes occur in the human body as a response to being deep underwater. Let’s locate what about those changes are beneficial! Look up the word "Phytochemical" – (my favorite) The body produces chemicals in response to lettuce entering the digestive system. the chemicals your body produces are of the great benefit, the lettuce was the stimuli to release that internal hormonal (chemical messenger) reaction On youtube to try and get my idea out there. passion and Dreams. Fitness and life. -amoore "

*If you turn on a garden hose above water, the water drops to the ground. Place a garden hose in a pool and turn it on, the water doesn't go to the bottom of the pool. This is your blood above and below water. Gravity is always pushing your body down. Be easy. (also anabolic reactions produce heat.. the cooling effect of water + the heat form anabolic reactions= closer to homestatic temperature with great anabolic reactions occuring! no energy used to cut off or cool down. even thoguh we cannot really cool down our body's intrinsically)

The hose still has pressure, in both cases. Yet what are the true differences? for one how pressure is displaced? - can nitrogen build up in the body be beneficial for optimizing muscle growth within the human skeletal muscle tissue.- Any cellular tissue? Base of an amino-acid, Fertilizer. ? the possibilities,x
edit on 15-7-2011 by amoore31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

It's a good idea, and there's a much accessible way for you to achieve similar results in your training! They make "weight shirts" (I don't know what they're called exactly) that are similar to ankle weights. I believe they're mainly used for basketball training. As you said, you train with the increased mass and when it comes time to compete you can "run faster and jump higher" because your body has been conditioned to function under greater weight!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Late in the thread, I just thought I would add that there are definitely traditional Eastern martial arts practices that can be done and other athletic endeavors that are cheaper and here now to get you ready. If you don't like doing weights yet still want muscular strength and endurance, and also stronger tendons and ligaments, dynamic tension is excellent. All this is is tensing the specified area, or entire body, and moving. You can do punches, kicks, walking, etc. Look up Sanchin on YouTube, a traditional karate form. Uechi-Ryu Sanchin will show you the more martial aspect of it, called Iron Body.

If you can, go on hikes to higher elevations, if at all possible, do some basic exercise. The higher the elevation, the greater the gravitational pull. A completely natural form of a gravity chamber. Just be careful of elevation sickness... it could kill you. Get a mediocre cardiovascular workout, then do strength routines in a sauna, slowly building up heat as you get stronger and more endurance in such conditions. Fighters run on treadmills and use stationary bikes in sweat suites to loose water weight before fights if they are desperate. Be careful with this as well. As with any overt physical endeavor, eat as healthy as you can and take the proper supplements, like the last thread and others advised. Potassium, salt and pantothenic, and of course lots of water, are extremely important when doing anything strenuous in saunas... or Arizona.

Qigong can also be very beneficial, as it is relaxing and helps one achieve longevity, better health and even seemingly super human feats through breathing, exercise and meditation.

In conclusion, dynamic tension exercises, martial arts, qigong, higher elevation, and proper nutrition all add up to being physically and mentally ready for a real life hyperbolic time chamber. With all the exercise you will be doing, you will most likely begin to start eating like Goku!

Hope this helps!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well actually the hyperbolic time chamber was the chamber used on Kami's lookout on dragon ball z the hyperbolic time chamber was the chamber that made 24 hrs in there condensed into a yr, but I know what you are getting at. I believe that training in a increased g environment would increase a person strength, stamina, speed and how high you could jump as mentioned by someone else in another post. The gravity chamber I believe would not effect the human body in a bad way whatsoever. I would not recommend trying 2gs right a way i would maybe try 1 1/2 and see how that affected me and if it wasn't to bad I would increase it to 2 or maybe even higher just depends on what you can handle. I believe staying in an environment long enough at a higher gravity would have dramatic changes to your abilities because your just using energy to try and stand up. Once your able to move and your body adapts it will feel just like earths 1g gravity. The higher g's you train in the faster and stronger you are gonna get. Like Goku for example he trained in both environments and it seems to me his strength went up accordingly in both situations. If you take Goku out of the super saiyan form the time he spent in the time chamber and the time he spent in the higher gravity I would say his strength increased the same in both training situations. The only difference is that in a time chamber you dont have the extra gravity needed to increase your speed at a faster rate. So to put it in terms the higher gravity you train in the faster your gonna be just for the simple fact that when you get back to earth's gravity your gonna feel so much lighter and your gonna be lifting so much more weight then you ever thought. Staying in the gravity chamber for 1 week you would notice a difference. I believe creating a gravity chamber is possible because they already have an anti-gravity chamber. If you reverse the polarity on the anti-gravity chamber it should work I'm sure they would have to make some changes to it but it should work. I think if you would take 2 huge magnets and adjust them so they are to push a part in a small room that might increase the gravity but I'm not a scientist so I'm not to sure it would be that simple but then again how many scientist have actually tried that.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lokey13

as for the extra gravitiy, i used to do some boxing and would wear ankle, wrist, thigh, belt, and neck weights while jogging and training and many times for long periods of the day. There is definitely a huge increase in strength and muscle built all over the body due to this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join