It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Is A Reality find out where in this post

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by isaeyeallseeing

Interesting post, and I find that this image ;

www.blumation.com...

of the Scarab being underwater, kinda proves another mans point that the flood was real, and more than likely, the Lord sunk certain areas and raised others as well during the flood.

I don't for a second believe that Scarab is an underwater anomalie, I can't prove it, but logic tells me that it was once on dry land and was created by man.

I'd love to speak to history majors who actually studied older manuscripts like Plutarchs telling of the correspondence between Alexander the Great and Aristotle, where AtG was furious at A for writing that AtG was trained in the mysteries. He thought that he was exposed, but Aristotle assured him, unless they were trained [ highly unlikely ] that there was nothing to be concerned about.

""4 ..... 5 It would appear, moreover, that Alexander not only received from his master his ethical and political doctrines, but also participated in those secret and more profound teachings which philosophers designate by the special terms "acroamatic" and "epoptic,"10 and do not impart to many. 6 For after he had already crossed into Asia, and when he learned that certain treatises on these recondite matters had been published in books by Aristotle, he wrote him a letter on behalf of philosophy, and put it in plain language. And this is a copy of the letter. "Alexander, to Aristotle, greeting. 7 Thou hast not done well to publish thy acroamatic p243doctrines; for in what shall I surpass other men if those doctrines wherein I have been trained are to be all men's common property? But I had rather excel in my acquaintance with the best things than in my power. Farewell." 8 Accordingly, in defending himself, Aristotle encourages this ambition of Alexander by saying that the doctrines of which he spoke were both published and not published; 9 for in truth his treatise on metaphysics is of no use for those who would either teach or learn the science, but is written as a memorandum for those already trained therein. ""

Our real history, is hidden amongst the books that the elite have not destroyed or had omitted from text-books which then taught half truths to the uninformed who are currently buying into all kinds of new age spin, but if we stay on top of it, we can and will put most of the pieces together to know the real truth of not only Atlantis, but everything else.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

sorry to tell you this but the scarab wasn't used in Egypt until the sixth dynasty (2345- 2183bce)
so any possibility that it was used earlier is bad research on your part.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
By whose books are we basing this on fact I believe whatever the time scales this Scarab city atlantis was quite obviously involved in the flood , then there is the arguement here that the good book (BIBLE)has been altered as the last supper is suggested not to have taken place in jerusalem but in the lighthouse of alexandria, this is no small conspiracy a global one is how it seems. And another thought that many many scientists and archaologists cannot agree on time scales of many things such as the building of and construction methods of the pyramids the age of the sphinx etc etc so to be honest unless we have ultimate proof (and without a time machine not ever going too) the reply that you state it is Bad research is wholly incorrect and innappropriate I feel just like jedi miller stating outright its an underwater volcano where is your proof to back up this statement :-)

ISA

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Thanks for the interesting read.

You asked me to comment on your research but I cant because I dont understand its implications (yet). If there is a tradition that has handed down ancient memories in secret and symbolically, then these would be the places to look of course. Its amazing how much you could get out of a da vinci picture. The scarab in the ocean at 33 degrees is also interesting.

As a child of 8 and 9 I kept having a re-occuring dream of a mint-turquoise stone-scarab. As a child I had no knowledge of atlantis or egypt and no idea what the dream was supposed to mean. Today I take it to mean that I am supposed to look into the subject.

So: Keep posting!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
WOW sent shivers down my spine, that is uncanny but fits the last year and a half of my life , the way paths cross and thing occur and present themselves please join my quest as I call it now it will have an outcome of unimaginable proportions that much is obvious from all I have RE-discovered and unearthed so far And thank you for posting I feel it was fate in asking you otherwise we would never have shared these two connected tales.

ISA

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by isaeyeallseeing
By whose books are we basing this on fact I believe whatever the time scales this Scarab city atlantis was quite obviously involved in the flood , then there is the arguement here that the good book (BIBLE)has been altered as the last supper is suggested not to have taken place in jerusalem but in the lighthouse of alexandria, this is no small conspiracy a global one is how it seems. And another thought that many many scientists and archaologists cannot agree on time scales of many things such as the building of and construction methods of the pyramids the age of the sphinx etc etc so to be honest unless we have ultimate proof (and without a time machine not ever going too) the reply that you state it is Bad research is wholly incorrect and innappropriate I feel just like jedi miller stating outright its an underwater volcano where is your proof to back up this statement :-)

ISA

errr ok so youre basing your hypothesis on books like the bible are you and not on the actual facts of ancient history. I did link to a source that states the scarab wasn't important in egypt til the 6th dynasty but obviously as it wasn't biblical in nature you decided to ignore it

nuff said

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by legionromanes

Seeing as it was pre-flood, there wouldn't be much evidence left after that cataclysm.

But the fact that there is one underwater, clearly says to me, that it is real. And obviously, quite a lot of effort went into that undertaking. It most certainly was not on a whim!

We can only put what little we know together and make a supposition and adjust that as needed.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
apparently your city is about 30 miles wide at its narrowest point and in total about the same size as the island of Cyprus which is just north of it.

any comment on that ?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Sure , BIG, was in during the post flood,

Pyramids !

Colossus at Rhodes!

I'm thinking it was IN, pre-flood as well.

Besides, the Nephelim, which were probably the builders, were HUGE freaks that could easily do a task like that.

But I have no proof, other than a supposition, based on what I've learned.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
hmmm Which flood was this and what evidence is there for it ?

if you say "bible" i'm gonna scream

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Obviously the flood mentioned by Plato and all the other legends of the world. Think about this
Bravest soldiers and those that accomplish great things in war are called Heros one of the Greatest heros we can think of in Mythology is hercules (Greek) There was a war between The Greeks and The Atlanteans That apparently the greeks won (sort of ) now the straits of Gibralter are referred too as the Pillars of Hercules as the legend has it that on one of his twelve labours he came to the then mountain range and rather than walk over or around it he smashed a hole through it HMMMM wasnt there a lot of water at the other side of that !!!! surely this would have been a decisive if not foolish move as it destroyed their enemies but according to plato the Greek army too or so it seems we yes sloshing that much water around would be dangerous and probably cause a wobble on the planet causing global flooding and massive earthquakes .

ISA

[edit on 24-4-2008 by isaeyeallseeing]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Obviously the flood mentioned by Plato and all the other legends of the world.

ah these floods for which there is no evidence you mean apart from textual

Think about this
Bravest soldiers and those that accomplish great things in war are called Heros one of the Greatest heros we can think of in Mythology is hercules (Greek)

Hercules is Roman, Heracles is Greek, but I'm just being pedantic here and I get what youre saying

There was a war between The Greeks and The Atlanteans That apparently the greeks won (sort of )

did they though, who was it that according to this myth went on to spread their civilisation around the globe. The greeks might have won the battle, but the Atlanteans won the war.

now the straits of Gibralter are referred too as the Pillars of Hercules

but that identification was down to the Phonecians, and everyone in the ancient world said that there was no reason for them to make that claim. In fact it was generally believed that they couldn't find the real pillars (it being about 8000 years later) and so they chose Gibraltar as a symbolic replacement.

as the legend has it that on one of his twelve labours he came to the then mountain range and rather than walk over or around it he smashed a hole through it HMMMM wasnt there a lot of water at the other side of that !!!!

that was the tenth labour when he was ordered by Eurystheus to obtain the Cattle of Geryon. in some accounts he built two mountains, in others he split one mountain in two, in no account does this act cause a flood of water.

you're also saying that a hero is capable of smashing a hole in a mountain, the mountains it is claimed he built/split are well known and neither has anything to do with flooding. Neither has ever been modified in any way either.

surely this would have been a decisive if not foolish move as it destroyed their enemies but according to plato the Greek army too or so it seems we yes sloshing that much water around would be dangerous and probably cause a wobble on the planet causing global flooding and massive earthquakes .

you are connecting the tenth task of Heracles with the sinking of Atlantis now, thats quite a remarkable link and one that has no supporting evidence at all. to start with Heracles wasn't even born at the time of the Atlantean war.

now this is all elementary and information you should have researched a lot better before presenting your hypothesis.

but what I can tell you now is a real stumbling block

the area which you say is scarab shaped.

1.) scarabs are used as a symbol in ancient egypt because the dung beatle which it is based on lives in Egypt. It was the Egyptians who valued this insect because they likened its actions in rolling dung into balls (for egg laying purposes) to the way that the sun rolls across the sky. they visualised a giant dung beatle pushing the sun. Non one else did this. it was wholly egyptian and not repeated in any other culture, which it most certainly would be if your hypothesis that it was an atlantean ideal would. You can add this to the fact that the scarab wasnt used in egypt til the sixth dynasty.

continued in next post

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
2.) The area that you have picked out as the sunken city of Atlantis has a name. Its called the "Eratosthenes seamount". This is actually mentioned on the magnetic anomalies picture you posted
en.wikipedia.org...
It has been not only surveyed and had all its Multibeam bathymetric data recorded between 1992 and 2002 during several scientific surveys of the Ifremer oceanographic vessels L’Atalante and Le Suroit. This was recently supplemented by swath data from both the French Navy Hydrogaphic Office vessel Beautemps-Beaupré and the research vessel Aegaeo of the Hellenic Centre for Marine Research. It was known to have formed during the Mesozoic era which ended 65 million years ago so is far too old a feature to be what you say it is.

theres no way round this I'm afraid. it simply doesn't fit any of the facts that you are trying to squeeze into it. And lets face it, what you have at the moment is a lot of badly researched evidence accompanied by very poor pictures from Google earth (which isn't designed to show underwater features) which you have superimposed images onto without taking into account the size of the area (the superimposed pyramid image for instance would require the pyramids to be about ten miles wide).

I won't coment on your doctored paintings because as most people will tell you all that proves is that you've been practicing with photoshop to get a result you knew about before you actually turned on the software

thats about it, I'm sure this evidence won't sway you from your belief though because belief is something that doesn't require evidence. At least thats true for all the best ones, Love/God/Government etc

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
As a child of 8 and 9 I kept having a re-occuring dream of a mint-turquoise stone-scarab. As a child I had no knowledge of atlantis or egypt and no idea what the dream was supposed to mean. Today I take it to mean that I am supposed to look into the subject.

Sky,

Hard to believe, I know, but when I was very small, I thought I could see ghosts.
They looked black as ebony, had long snouts and ears that pointed straight up like jackals.

I'd never laid eyes on Anubis at that time. Imagine how I felt the first time I saw "The Ten Commandments!"

You probably think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

Harte

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Atlantis? If it existed at all, it was probably on the Azores Plateau. Destroyed due to a combination of volcanic activity and rising water levels resulting from the rapid end of the last Ice Age. Possibly helped along by a catastrophic event such as a comet or meteor strike.

Plato himself said it clearly in Timaeus:

There have been, and will be again, many destructions of mankind arising out of many causes; the greatest have been brought about by the agencies of fire and water, and other lesser ones by innumerable other causes. There is a story, which even you have preserved, that once upon a time Paethon, the son of Helios, having yoked the steeds in his father's chariot, because he was not able to drive them in the path of his father, burnt up all that was upon the earth, and was himself destroyed by a thunderbolt. Now this has the form of a myth, but really signifies a declination of the bodies moving in the heavens around the earth, and a great conflagration of things upon the earth, which recurs after long intervals; at such times those who live upon the mountains and in dry and lofty places are more liable to destruction than those who dwell by rivers or on the seashore.

In this case, however, if the meteor or comet hits water, or only makes a glancing strike, it can cause even more damage. Tsunami, earthquake, flood, maybe even a tectonic shift big enough to sink a big chunk of land sitting on a faultline.

Maybe.

[edit on 24-4-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

" hmmm Which flood was this and what evidence is there for it ? "

I couldn't have made it any easier for you to find. Perhaps that is why so many folks don't see things, they're in such a hurry they walk right past with nary a thought.

Try looking in my sig.

Then grab some popcorn and enjoy.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by isaeyeallseeing

That's funny you should mention this I started a thread about that a while back on 07-12-2007 with the exact same co-ordinates... Coincidence that you came up with the same coordinates thought studying....

Possible Location of Atlantis!!!!

So I think you should compare with what has already been said

Thanks

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

" hmmm Which flood was this and what evidence is there for it ? "

I couldn't have made it any easier for you to find. Perhaps that is why so many folks don't see things, they're in such a hurry they walk right past with nary a thought.

Try looking in my sig.

Then grab some popcorn and enjoy.

the video in your sig is derived from a book by Dr Walter J. Veith called "the genesis conflict". Walter J Veith is a creationist. He has a page at answersingenesis.com
www.answersingenesis.org...
as such his claims are not only irrelevant they are laughable. This is the sort of person who watches the flintstones thinking its a documentary....

Amazon won't even stock his book its that bad. Anything based on his evidence is going to be far worse. you clearly haven't bothered to do any real research and your claims to date reflect that very well

Its not a case of walking past in a hurry, its a case of knowing complete bovine excretement when you see it

[edit on 24-4-2008 by legionromanes]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It sounds like your opinion is based on other people bad reviews of it as opposed to being from watching the vid yourself.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I watched about 30 minutes of it. If you want I can list the errors but it would require a new thread as it would run to several pages.

but in short, you are watching a discussion on Geology by someone who holds no qualifications in the subject (hes a zoologist) and who has started with a belief (the bible) and then attempted (very badly) to find facts to fit to it.

I don't want to damage your belief but you should realise that belief in God (i.e. faith) is supposed to be independant of evidence. If you have evidence then you don't have faith.

I suggest you read this
packham.n4m.org...
because at the moment with your last few comments you are telling everyone that you believe that the earth was created in 6 days in 4004bce by someone called Jehova.
this page more than adequately explains whats wrong with that.
en.wikipedia.org...
or this one
en.wikipedia.org...
or this one
en.wikipedia.org...
or this one
en.wikipedia.org...
or this one
en.wikipedia.org...
or this one
en.wikipedia.org...
or this one