It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran installs 6,000 uranium centrifuges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Iran installs 6,000 uranium centrifuges

au.news.yahoo.com

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says Iran has started installing 6,000 advanced centrifuges in its underground Natanz uranium enrichment facility.

Diplomats in Vienna last week told Reuters, Tehran was installing advanced enrichment centrifuges at Natanz in central Iran, accelerating activity that could give the Islamic state the means to make atom bombs in future if it chose to.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
How much more time will it be before they have the bomb them the US will not do anything because they will be afraid that they will be used against them in combat.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Still quite a bit of time before they reach an 'arsenal' of nuke weapons - whatever number defines an arsenal of nukes - my worry is that the first amounts of weapons grade materials are not intended to be used by Iran them selves. We all know Iran is known to pass weapon technology on to others so they can use it against common enemies (for an example look into the shaped charge roadside bombs that suddenly appeared in Iraq - they are very efficient armoured vehicle killers).

I think the first amounts will serve a dual purpose - as a test of the enrichment practice and weapon manufacture, and proxy attacks that Iran can simply say "weren't us matey!"

Something does need to be done - there is still a fair bit of time though I think, no need to be rash right now.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
This doesn't add up to me. Why is it that every time Ahmadinejad has been accused of persuing the bomb, he claims that his nuclear ambitions are are for energy and not for weapons. He has been fairly adamant about it. Even the nuclear inspectors said there is no evidence of them seeking the bomb.

Now he just goes on the air and claims to be enriching uranium hoping for weapons grade material?

Makes no sense to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I total agree with you Now_Then. But the question is where and when?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Anyone catch this part? Got it from the AP article:

Ahmadinejad made Tuesday's announcement as he toured the Natanz facility in central Iran. The television also quoted Ahmadinejad as saying that "other activities have been carried out" in Natanz that he would announce later Tuesday.

Other activities? Sounds promising. As I said in another thread, all this comes just hours before Gen Petraeus speaks in Washington. Coincidence?

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
news.ninemsn.com.au...Hi all a new update jsut read on the news.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cnm1976

Though it may be risky to let them go unchecked, don't you think it sounds a bit like, 'Iraq definitely has nuclear weapons' and other WMD based war-justifiers?

[edit on 11-4-2008 by GrooveCat]

top topics

join