It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy of Eggs!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
God help the bankers when things get REALLY bad with food. remember....
A HUNGRY MAN IS AN ANGRY MAN. ya know,pretty soon we will be in a walmart world. there will be a single corporation for everything. we will be controlled by our buying habits.
maybe then we will go back to grass roots living. i wonder how many will perish before they realise that we can fight back.
what if everone just started demanding high wages for everything we do?.
or just dont go to work. the french do it,they just shut the country down until the government gives in. they just dont go to work

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I like the idea about renting some land for farming, a lot of people could benefit from it. You could also put a few chickens out there to eat the pests and provide free fertilizer, not to mention eggs that are way better than you can get at the store.

If that doesn't pan out, maybe ask around town, see if anyone is raising chickens near you. My family gets eggs from a guy that has a bunch of free range hens...they're a lot cheaper than store bought, and it's nice supporting a more humane way of getting eggs.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Here is a perfect example of why you 20 30 and 40 somethings need to get a good long term investment plan going!

I am 33 and have been putting in every extra dollar I can into a long term portfolio for 10 years. Make sure to invest for the long term. I dont want to spend my 60 70 and maybe 80s in fear of egg prices. i want to be in Spain by then, living in a small cottage, and eating great ham and expensive wine........PLAN FOR YOUR FUTURE

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I like that idea, and I usually hate EVERYTHING French. It is simple, America does not pay taxes for 1 year. NOBODY. You see how fast the gov gives in...NO MONEY= NO POWER..............If we could tough it out, we could change the world. make the bastards drill Alaska, and quit giving OUR money to other countries....Food too....No more free rice and wheat...We can make whiskey out of it, and sell it too those countries.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0
God help the bankers when things get REALLY bad with food. remember....
A HUNGRY MAN IS AN ANGRY MAN. ya know,pretty soon we will be in a walmart world. there will be a single corporation for everything. we will be controlled by our buying habits.
maybe then we will go back to grass roots living. i wonder how many will perish before they realise that we can fight back.
what if everone just started demanding high wages for everything we do?.
or just dont go to work. the french do it,they just shut the country down until the government gives in. they just dont go to work

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Spectre0o0]

Your passion here, touches my very soul. Seems that it has been a long time since this country has truly unified on issues, strongly enough to fight and demand.

I am far enough in years, that I can remember the protests and rallies of the 70's. Those were the days. The guv didn't know how to deal with a generation that was non-material-minded. What has happened to us?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

Young man, I really like your thinking (in both posts).
Being that you are young, and have not really experienced life, I'm sure that you are unaware of just how many pitfalls there are in this cruel old world. I pray that they do not overtake you. Once upon a time, I had the world by the tail, everything was rolling along according to plan and then the proverbial rug gets pulled out from under.
My advice is to just continue planning. Beware of pitfalls. My very best to you.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
Just my 1.5 cents worth,can't afford 2 cents worth anymore...

Slightly off topic, but at my office we were discussing the idea that the penny might soon be phased out since it now costs more to produce than it's accepted value - the penny now costs 1.5¢ to make according to a co-worker. That's just a small sign of the crazy times we live in.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Sheeple]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sheeple

Actually my friend,
It just might be right on topic.
I was just thinking the other day, how I used to say that I had to watch every penny. Now my phrase is that I have to watch every dollar.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
hi james,

glad to see this thread is still going,

it is important for people to realise this is only going to get worse !!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

snoopyuk

[edit on 9-4-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by amatrine
I bought eggs today in Casa Grande Az, and they were $3.00 ! Could not believe that.

I zeroed in on this part of your post. Not to say that the rest of it wasn't important. But here, I see something very frightening. At least to me. Arizona is not that far from the Texas border. How long before I have to pay $3.00 per dozen for eggs? The guv has no intention of raising my food stamps to accommodate me for this.
I had opportunity to speak to another neighbor, in response to some of the ideas presented here. I knew him to be on SS income like myself and hoped he would be a good candidate.
Boy! Whew! When he got through telling me all the reasons why it would fail, I was nearly hopeless. But I signed in this morning and you folks give me strength. Not only from your great ideas, but your companionship, comraderie and fellow-suffering. You guys are the greatest. I am glad to be a part of you. Thank you. I am deeply touched.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jameswillard

It does seem to be flood or famine, doesn't it? But we feed the oldest eggs back to the hens if no one else wants them.....sort of a recycling into new eggs, they even eat the shells.....so none really go to waste.

Thanks for the kind words about my 'fertilizer factory'!!! (the horse in my avatar)
He's too old to ride, but he still 'works' for his keep!
That 'horse' in yours must be really well behaved!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
reply to post by jameswillard

It does seem to be flood or famine, doesn't it? But we feed the oldest eggs back to the hens if no one else wants them.....sort of a recycling into new eggs, they even eat the shells.....so none really go to waste.

Thanks for the kind words about my 'fertilizer factory'!!! (the horse in my avatar)
He's too old to ride, but he still 'works' for his keep!
That 'horse' in yours must be really well behaved!

Yes it does my friend. Sounds quite depressing, doesn't it?
That's quite an idea you have there about recycling the eggs back to the chickens.
I thought myself to be a country boy of a younger time, but I never heard of this. Is this common to your area, or just something you thought of yourself?

Oh, and ha-ha on my well-behaved horsey.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If you live in a fair sized town/city, you could try investigating a store my church has (i'm LDS). It's call "The bishops storehouse". it's usually by another store named "deseret industries" and it is meant for people who don't have a strong income. Everything there is WAYY more reasonably priced in comparison to say walmart or albertsons or what have you. Give it a looksy. It might help you out alot. I'm not a big egg fan ajnd i live with my parents still so, i don't know egg prices or how much an honest price is for them but i do know 2 bucks isn't right.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
If you live in a fair sized town/city, you could try investigating a store my church has (i'm LDS). It's call "The bishops storehouse". it's usually by another store named "deseret industries" and it is meant for people who don't have a strong income. Everything there is WAYY more reasonably priced in comparison to say walmart or albertsons or what have you. Give it a looksy. It might help you out alot. I'm not a big egg fan ajnd i live with my parents still so, i don't know egg prices or how much an honest price is for them but i do know 2 bucks isn't right.

Hello screamo, and good morning good people,
I don't think we have anything like that in my community. Sure would be nice tho. We have a charity called 'Helping Hands.' Not sure what organization is behind that. Is probably a christian org. They rarely have enough resources to provide for the community.
Could I take this opportunity to say this to you folks that might have an abundance to share? These community resources sure could use your help. They really do good things for people that need extra help. You don't have to be religious minded to donate. Just have a charitable heart for your fellow man.
This was something I used to do when I had abundance to share. I never thought I would need to be on the receiving end.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I just wanted to add something else here. Giving to your community is not always about monetary resources.
Sometimes when my arthritis is not bothering me, I go down and help box up stuff, just things in general that need doing. Sweep up, things like that.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
hmm, its good we live by a farm, from what I remember its $2.25 - $2.50 for a dozen (I haven't been there in a while to get eggs, but they are only open on Saturdays)

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I'm in no mood to go back and quote and format properly, but I would like to add a few comments.

Angel Food Ministries - Look carefully what they sell you in that 'box o food' for 30.00 - after looking at it closely you will see that the meats are all 'prepared' in some way, perhaps with the exception of the ONE POUND of ground beef that they enclose. The meats look like they come from the menu of a 'cafeteria' type restaurant supply and are probably very poor quality. Price the whole box out and you will see that you are getting no 'deal' paying 30.00 a box for it. Not a solution for everyone.

Prices of food are also going thru the roof here in the SE USA.

Milk - 5.19 gallon
Ground Beef (70/30 cheapest grade) 2.59 is the very best price you can find
Eggs 2.19 doz large
Loaf of white bread - haha dont ask

Our biggest local grocery store chain has introduced a new 'sub generic' value line so they can offer items for .99cents. They devote a full page insert for these items into the paper weekly. One year ago the grocery ads were much different, not ads for the 'basic' but instead ads for the 'luxury' items

Our government is telling us that food prices are up 6%. Just another reason to not rely on 'economic indicators'

As an anecdote....

Several years ago while in the grocery, I heard a middle aged man complaining about ground beaf prices "$1.69 for ground beef? How do they expect us to feed our families" At that time I was buying lots of steak. Now, with the actual DECILINE in my wages over the last 5 years (commissioned sales) - I'm choking on current prices.

It wont be long before I check into some chickens. I'm in the small town city limits, but these is a rooster down the street, so perhaps it is allowed.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
And to further show evidence of a possible conspiracy (since that is what we are all about here)

Farmers to gros LESS corn

Now, being that the worlds food economy really rides on the back of corn - We are using much more of our corn harvest to make Ethanol

Why in the hell would we suddendly decide to GROW LESS?

More manipulation of the market, or something more sinister?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

Yes, I agree,
Those folks have come around. I believe that they are sponsored by the Lutheran Church. After some quick mental math, I saw that this was no bargain. I think they are trying to make money off people and hope they are not smart enough to know it. It's places like this that gives all of them a bad whack.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If I can impose on my kind neighbor lady for a little posting help, I have something I want to put together for you that you might find interesting.

Edit; she says I will have to open a new thread on it, but I can post a link here, when I have it ready. Thanks

Here is new thread link:www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-4-2008 by jameswillard]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join