It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a possible build up between the U.S. and China occuring?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
With the lead paint, bad dog food, Tibet, and now this, do you think The U.S. could be conditioning the public for a war with China or at least in a WWIII scenario with China as one of it's adversaries? Maybe the U.S. vs. Iran, China, Russia, Syria, etc? Its doom and gloom, as well as a stretch towards a very nagative scenario, but things are heating up around the planet.

news.yahoo.com...

..."US authorities have recently accused China of "aggressively" trying to steal sensitive US military technology and information.

US engineer Chi Mak was jailed for 24 years last month for conspiring to smuggle Navy submarine technology to China, justice officials said."

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Are you kidding? Its been building up since Taiwan gained its independence and support from US and its many allies in the region.

Search around the forums and you will find interesting topics about the Cold War between US and China.

Also, if you are interested in reading about China's military, check out:

Sino Defense dot Com

Its a good site to reference.

One thing we might worry about is the Shanghai Cooperation Organization. This group is determined to put US and its allies in its place. That is of course if they all cooperate. (No pun intended)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Earth seems as if it's a hornets nest at the moment. Thanks for the info Guppy

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Of course, where have you been kaspermartyrphantom?

The US and China are on a collision course. China wants to dethrone the US as the world's only SuperPower. The US wants to stop China's growing threat in becomng the top dawg.

Both countries want to rule the world under their form of government (NWO).

The war for Taiwan won't be pretty.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kaspermartyrphantom

You are welcome.

Earth does seem like a hornet's nest. But I believe it has always been like that for our entire history (10,000 to x years). People can never truly be satisfied. Perhaps humans need a common goal. Extinction-Level Event? Alien invasion? Second coming of Jesus? The return of Elvis?

As for China and US, I think it depends how well Russia wants to stay allied with China. Russia is already worried the pace in which China has been progressing. Perhaps Russia and China might have a falling out when China thinks Siberia's abundant resources are too good for Russia.

And, don't forget India. They are a major player in the region as well. They might jump in and say Tibet should be free. Pakistan will side with China. And, before you know it, border skirmishes may get out of hand and war breaks out.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Of course, where have you been kaspermartyrphantom?

I'm aware of our problems with China, I just wasn't aware of the extent of it. I didn't think it was supposed to be this obvious.

I believe they will stay allies with Russia. With Russia helping Iran's nuclear ambitions, we can begin to see the line drawn in the sand.

Anyone venture to predict a timeline?

[edit on 8-4-2008 by kaspermartyrphantom]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I predict the 2008 Olympics in China will be canceled. US-China relations will tense further. Cold War will kick up a notch. In a few years time (say 2015), China will feel they can stand up against US and Japan (the only defenders of Taiwan) and invade Taiwan. Who knows, China may successfully deploy their "Dragon's Lair" strategy and prevent Taiwan's allies from mounting immediate support. Enough time for China to entrench. This will make US pause wondering if Taiwan is worth such a bloody battle, especially since China has done very well in developing its anti-ship armaments in combating US's carrier groups.

On a side note, I'd give China 5 years to start constructing their own carrier. They have spent a lot of money on carrier technology. They want one desperately.

I did a count of the many carriers the world has deployed. Its sad the disparity between US carrier power versus the world combined together. Its no laughing matter for other countries.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by guppy

As for China and US, I think it depends how well Russia wants to stay allied with China. Russia is already worried the pace in which China has been progressing. Perhaps Russia and China might have a falling out when China thinks Siberia's abundant resources are too good for Russia.

And, don't forget India. They are a major player in the region as well. They might jump in and say Tibet should be free. Pakistan will side with China. And, before you know it, border skirmishes may get out of hand and war breaks out.

China already is the worlds greatest super power, they hold the ultimate position of power, look at everything you own 80% of it guaranteed was made in China. If an altercation broke out between major military powers and China crumbled it would cause the social downfall of the western world. All the things we use to deem ourselves "civilized" would no longer be available to us at slave labor rates.

No one is going to stop China, illegal occupation is it right now. China and tibet, U.S.-led coalition in Iraq and Afghanistan or the greedy Israeli's who just want more and more and will kill who-ever and blame who-ever they please to get it.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
My above post was to the OP sorry

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
War between the U.S and China would send both countries into a spiraling downfall. Our economies depend on each other. The only thing war would do is give rise to a new superpower, and send China and the U.S. to their knees begging for help.

If we ever do go to war with china it will be a short conflict with little gained on either side.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Sway33]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
U.S. has been trying to takeover China since 1914. First the U.S. had to dissemble the U.S.S.R. -- which is a joke, since Harriman financed it since 1921 and fed it technology. (How else could soldiers on horseback at the end of WWII after being decimated by the Nazis put a satellite into orbit first in the world just 12 years later in 1957.)

China was going to be handled by Bank of England's MI-6 and Fed's CIA with biological warfare line in Cuba and Angola BUT China said recently (I was told) that if they have a bio-warfare attack, they'll come knock off the ones in the U.S. and England who ordered it.

That leaves a nuclear mistake with Israel missing Iran and hitting China, and Saudi Arabia missing Israel and hitting Iran. That kind of thing.

I was thinking yesterday that the next WTC/911 provocation will be a terrorist nuking of the China Olympics.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by counterterrorist

I don't think the Olympics at China would be targeted. After all, why would you bite the hand that feeds you? Plus, why piss off the world by blowing up an international event?

In my opinion, I think its a US metroplex that we would have to worry the most for the next big terrorist attack. That will give the terrorist more of a statement against the American Infidels. I think Las Vegas is the most likely target. To the terrorists, Las Vegas is the cesspool capital of the world. For me, its the capital of my dollar bills.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
There is a high probability that China will attack Taiwan this summer sometime after June. Here are some reasons why:

1) The most calm-time weather-wise is from May to August in the Taiwan strait. Low winds and good visibility.

2) The element of surprise. Most likely on the first night of Olympics or not long after

3) Before Taiwan receives new Submarines and warships on order to be delivered by 2010

4) In-line with China's Strategic Moderization Objective to displace the US in Asia as the regional power by 2009.

That's really all you need. The "crash" building of China's navy and nearly 1000 missles pointed at Taiwan should give you a clue.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

In America, planning is done with half-@r$e solutions and given band-aid fixes when things don't work right. Most of America is about short-term planning.

China on the other hand is the opposite. Many analysts agree when China plans they make long-term goals and solutions. Already China is doing very well economically. Soon China will be toe-to-toe with US in terms of military projection. The advent of the Information Age has decreased the technological gap between many countries.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sway33
War between the U.S and China would send both countries into a spiraling downfall. Our economies depend on each other. The only thing war would do is give rise to a new superpower, and send China and the U.S. to their knees begging for help.

If we ever do go to war with china it will be a short conflict with little gained on either side.

I tend to agree with you on this Sway. If anything, it seems to me they are collaborating on something. This story I found and posted is a little fishy to me.

www.abovepolitics.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Wow. What to say about China and The United States going to war. Is there a build up in China? Absolutely with hesitation, they want to be the Super Power of The East. I wouldn't put much stock in the economics of the situation preventing it, after all, this would be a world war and the rules of economics would go out the window.

With that said, China can build all the ICBMs, carriers, anti-sat missles, and subs they want. The fact is they are 25-30 years behind us in conventional weapons; but imagine how far they are behind us in the Black Programs, all our goodies at Area 51, etc.

Imagine a suprise attack on Tawian. Now, imagine the counter-attack with aircraft and technology that we cannot even fathom out of nowhere! Imagine stealth hypersonic disks flying and performing 9g 180 degree turns in the sky over Beijing. Imagine massive Triangular weapons platforms moving over China at 10,000 mph with an Air Force emblem on the sides. Imagine the atmosphere over China charged with HAARP, and the secret weapons platforms in space activated to take out Chinese aircraft, sats, and ships. Imagine every electrical outlet dead in China within 2 hours of the attack, no cell service, and utter chaos in the leadership as it is surgically removed.

Come on.....what are those 100's of billion in Black Projects buying us after all but a FIREWORKS show even the Chinese couldn't anticipate. America might suck in a lot of regards, but we sure can produce some ultra secret gadgets.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There is some truth to the Black ops projects, but most of it has not been tested in a real-time battlefield scenerio.

China does not need to be as technologically advanced to get Taiwan. The reason for their 'Assymetric warfare' doctorine of defeating a more technologically superior army with a less advanced military.

China believes if they can sink one US Aircraft Carrier early on, the support for the US intervention will no longer be backed by the US population, and therefore requests to pull out of the Taiwan strait will be alot of pressure on the US President to do just that.

The goal of the surprise attack is to take out all of Taiwan's critical command and control operations centers with a barrage of missles (up to 1000 in fact).

One of the other main goals is to set up a blockade of the strait to prevent US battleships from entering. This is to be done with Nuclear Submarines and Soveremenny Destroyers with aircover from SU 30 sorties.

The whole idea is to buy enough time in getting Taiwanese high-ranking military commanders to defect or surrender. At this point, China believes the US will back out due to pressure from the population and government factions.

The US must detract China's abilities by comming into Beijing from the West (Iraq). China then would be forced to use North Korea as a tool to cause US distress by raising tension with South Korea.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

A comment about US forces coming from China's West via Persian Gulf. China has already thought about their western front. Check out what has been dubbed China's "String of Pearls":

China's String of Pearls

China's rising maritime power is encountering American maritime power along the sea lines of communication (SLOCs) that connect China to vital energy resources in the Middle East and Africa. The "String of Pearls" describes the manifestation of China's rising geopolitical influence through efforts to increase access to ports and airfields, develop special diplomatic relationships, and modernize military forces that extend from the South China Sea through the Strait of Malacca, across the Indian Ocean, and on to the Arabian Gulf...

China is never standing still. Scary the Chinese do it without drawing too much attention to themselves. Russia can thump their chest all they want. Its the quiet ones you have to worry the most.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Well, if we nuke China that would take away the billons of dollars of debt we owe them. If it wasn't for China, America would have been sunk a loooong time ago. We borrow about $12 BILLION a day from China.
See this link to get the REALLY BIG NUMBERS:
www.chinadaily.net...
If China asked for their deserved markers tomorrow...we'd be finished.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
believe me there is not going to be a war or anything like that,too much interest
involved btw two countries,amrica needs a imaginary foe to do many things,china was just unfortunately picked by the us,casue there are no other more suitable condidates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join