It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your computer safe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I am no computer genius but I recently found out what Protexis is. Here is a little background before I start telling you stuff about your Photoshop and how to solve this issue.

This is from the Protexis web-site which can be found here:

Protexis

Protexis REDSM, which enables open, neutral and efficient networks for online digital content distribution, is built upon our patented digital rights management and product activation technology.

Protexis combines a robust and highly configurable licensing management system with industry-proven, anti-piracy digital rights management. Unique post-compile integration means that your market-ready software can be protected in minutes. Alternately, you can choose to use our software development kit and rapidly integrate the advanced licensing features you need before your final build.

Seems like a good company to help curb online piracy right? Maybe.

Add customer-friendly registration services to your software in minutes. Once implemented, user data and activation records are instantly available to you, the software publisher.

Capture names, addresses and other key data in an efficient, customer-friendly manner.

Better tune effectiveness of marketing messages.

Focus more awareness on the right distribution channels.

Customize promotions based on user data.
Product Registration

Here is some more information from the site before I tell you how to delete this spyware from your system:

Protexis RED allows you to:

* Plug into a maintained catalog of digital inventory.
* Have current product-level merchandising information.
* Dynamically brand inventory for competitive differentiation.
* Maintain control of your customers at all times.
* Maximize your revenue potential with up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
* Take advantage of the extra touch points provided by the 'try before you buy' environment.
* Offer your customers a seamless shopping experience.
Distribution

Removing this spyware

As I was looking online to see how to stop this, I found many difficult ways but one person helped a lot. It comes from this web-site:

Source

Luckily I found a workaround: rename PSIKey.dll to PsiClient.dll and everything returns to normal sans the afore mentioned .dll files and service running. Just for reference, to delete the service use the command "sc delete ProtexisLicensing" in the run box or command prompt.

NOTE: I purchased Photoshop from a local retailer for $299

Honestly after registering this did not disappear, I e-mailed Adobe about this and have yet to get a response.

To find if this is on your pc just head to start>run;type in msconfig; select services and check for Protexislicensing. Cheers!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I have and use Photoshop every single day.

But I have to admit. Everything I just read here is way over my head LOL

Can you give it to me in idiot terms...even though im not an idiot...I dont understand this. LOL

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The program is a stealth installer which you can not remove even if you uninstall Photo shop. When you enter your name address and etc it is sent directly to Corel for a marketing scheme.

Protexis may collect personal information when you purchase, activate or register a product, when you use certain other Protexis products or services, or when you visit our web sites. Protexis may also receive personal information from our business partners.

Protexis also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address and Protexis cookie information.

Protexis provides registration, activation, and e-commerce services to software publishers and other customers. In connection with providing those services, Protexis shares personal information that has been collected in the course of providing those services with those software publishers and other customers.

When you register, or activate a product from one of our publishers, we may ask for your name, company, postal address and email address. Protexis may also ask for other personal information at the request of the individual publisher. We store all this information on behalf of the publisher.
Protexis

Don't get me wrong, I know it is a anti-piracy tool, however, it should uninstall itself once you register the product.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Ah, okay. I got it!
I dont give my real information when I register anyways.
Thanks for the clarification!

new topics

top topics

join