It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of Religion Map in 90 seconds (requires shockwave)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
www.mapsofwar.com...

Just an interesting History of Religion Map. I am certainly the farthest thing from an expert on religions, so I am unsure how accurate this is.

I contemplated putting it in the Mid-East forum, as religion is the majority of the cause of the current situation, imo. Again... either one is right or all are wrong. What's the most logical answer there? Oh... right... that doesn't matter to people who believe in fairy tales. All they know is that their fairy tale is the truth. See why I'm not an expert? I don't like to read fairy tales nor fiction.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

thanks for taking the time and effort to show/set up the video for us----i have looked it over a couple of times so far and plan to refer to it again.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser

Just an interesting History of Religion Map. I am certainly the farthest thing from an expert on religions, so I am unsure how accurate this is.

It's not totally accurate, and i would have liked to have seen a far more detailed example*.

I think this is something that needs work done on, but has the potential to become something great.

Truly great...

*Different sects, schools, other religions, etc.

[edit on 24-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ultimately dreadful. It reveals more about prejudice in interpreting the data than anything else.

The absence of Zoroastrianism and Shinto are extraordinary omissions. The range and spread of Judaism is completely wrong. Also the gloss on Christianity is profoundly flawed.

The good thing is to see that such technology can produce such maps, but the awful thing is that someone will look at this and think that this is truth -- which it most certainly is not.

new topics

top topics

join