It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Artificial sperm' may help infertile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   

'Artificial sperm' may help infertile

au.news.yahoo.com

Artificial human sperm could come to the aid of infertile men, according to a team of German scientists who have used lab-grown sperm to inseminate female mice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Now we are playing god. Next there will be no ned for man we will become the next extinct species.

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Interesting story. I do not consider this to be playing God. If there is such an entity, it gave us the ability to do this stuff.

And if looking in the face of an infertile man and his wife, I do not think they would think this playing god either, as much as it could possibly be hope.

People who cannot have children, I like to think, have been weeded from the gene pool naturally. Still, their intense want to create children... No matter the outcome...Instead of adopting, is sad.

There's the couple who were so desperate to have a girl, because of certain genetic problems if male... Even if it had been a girl, would the girl not be a carrier of this nasty genetic condition as well? Is it really fair? What about if she were to grow up, want children, and be faced with the same problem of inflicting a lifetime of horrors if she gives birth to a boy?

Well, I can see all sides to the story. EXCEPT where this "GOD" entity comes in.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I didn't mean to offend anyone by saying we are now playing god. I can see the benifits outway the negatives but you would not want this to get into the wrong hands.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cnm1976

I think the potential negatives far outweigh the benefits.

This may sound far out from left field, but what if they decide to produce artificial people, that can actually reproduce in this manner. Completely programmable biological robots that can actually genetically reproduce.

Makes me wonder if we're not actually "biobots" to start with.

[edit on 4/8/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Well, I for one do not fear technology. There's proof enough that government/military is already years and years of the tech we even know of...

The future will be a very different place, if allowed to happen without some stupid president destroying us.

Btw, The 6th Day, or something was on last night. Some futuristic thing with the GOVERNATOR as the main character.

new topics

top topics

join