It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did...Stephen Colbert just say what I think he just said?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Most of them are clueless to the secrecy of their own organizations to begin with.

...as opposed to you, who is all-knowing, eh? You know more than me about a subject I have lived for the past 2 1/2 years and have researched and studied for the last 5 years?

And I'm one of the youngsters. There are 15-20 year Masons here, but you in your infinite wisdom know more than they... sure.

I wonder if YOU will ever admit that you've swallowed exactly what they want you to, and that you insist that the Red Herring is the actual problem?

Probably not. And I'll lose no sleep over that.

[edit on 4/8/08 by The Axeman]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You guys want to know the truth about comedy?

It's a way of saying something in a joke, but you mean it in truth so that nobody will get offended or think you are serious.

Comedy is always truth, just worded in a funny way.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

Most of them are clueless to the secrecy of their own organizations to begin with.

...as opposed to you, who is all-knowing, eh? You know more than me about a subject I have lived for the past 2 1/2 years and have researched and studied for the last 5 years?

And I'm one of the youngsters. There are 15-20 year Masons here, but you in your infinite wisdom know more than they... sure.

I wonder if YOU will ever admit that you've swallowed exactly what they want you to, and that you insist that the Red Herring is the actual problem?

Probably not. And I'll lose no sleep over that.

[edit on 4/8/08 by The Axeman]

Wow, he must've struck a cord there. You seem to take his general assumption pretty personal.

Is it because you are a member that isn't clueless to the secrecy behind your organisation?
You say he swallowed exactly what "they" want him to. Who is "they" reffering to? To those 15-20 year Masons?

Sounds pretty shady to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomThought

exactly. its sad when the Jester's the only truth in the whole court. Listen carefully to these reporters, some of them are on our side and some are just there for the money( theres alot more variables too but just the big 2 for now).

starred and flagged *not so much for topic but the general real news leak
good find OP

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomThought

It's a way of saying something in a joke, but you mean it in truth so that nobody will get offended or think you are serious.

It's true that he was making a crack at a joke, but I found it interesting nevertheless.

[edit on 4/8/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

Pipe down. This is ATS, a conspiracy theory website. We will discuss Masonry as freely and as often as we want.

Attempting to brow-beat me with your minimal experience in secret societies is not going to do anything but further display the disruptive arrogance you Masons have perpetrated in this forum. Likewise, you have all been thoroughly reminded by staff that this is not your forum .

Have a nice day

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yes he did.And he was speaking to Jesse Ventura.Just a note about the 80 per cent mass human termination plan by the Illuminati.The story is not new.ABout 18 years ago i attended a seminar about Billy meir and ufos.Thats where i first heard about humanity needed to reduce our population below 500million to live in harmoney with the planet.Most of the people who went walked out right then and there.Since then i followed this and its snowballed into this thing it is now.I call BS.simple because many factions have sought to use it for their own gain.All the NWO is counter-productive towards humanity.In other words thats what they want you to think.I also came across Billy mier transcripts than eventually amounted to nothing more than superiority of the german language and thats what these aliens would communicate with.No, i call BS there too since any universal language will be thought.Here some quotes about fear ,

Fear is not a disease of the body, fear kills the soul.

A fear-stricken person can never know God, and one who knows God will never fear a mortal man.

Where there is fear, there is not religion.

It is weakness which breeds fear, and fear breeds distrust.

There would be no one to frighten you if you refuse to be afraid.

For a nonviolent person, the whole world is one family. He will thus fear none, nor will others fear him.

The golden rule is to act fearlessly upon what one believes to be right.

Fearlessness presupposes calmness and peace of mind.

And about truth,

Truth is what the voice within tells you.

Truth is the right designation of God.

Truth and nonviolence will never be destroyed.

Truth is like a vast tree which yields more and more fruit the more you nurture it.

Truth alone will endure, all the rest will be swept away before the tide of time.

Truth and untruth often co-exist; good and evil often are found together.

Truth is self-evident, nonviolence is its maturest fruit, it is contained in Truth, but is not self-evident.

Every truth is self-acting and possesses inherent strength.

Truth, which is permanent, eludes the historian of events. Truth transcends history.

Truth and nonviolence demand that no human being may debar himself from serving any other human being, no matter how sinful he may be.

Truth is the first to be sought for, and Beauty and Goodness will then be added unto you.

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.

Truth without humility would be an arrogant caricature.

The quest of truth involves self-suffering, sometimes even upto death.

Use truth as your anvil, nonviolence as your hammer and anything that does not stand the test when it is brought to the anvil of truth and hammered with nonviolence, reject it.

Be wise with your thoughts, words, and deeds people for they will reflect who you are,who you become and how your remembered.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Here's a link to the interview in question: Comedy Central. Running time is 5:17. This includes the Illuminati quote as well as the patches that Trevor Paglen brought with him.

/tn.

EDIT:
1) Corrected link.
2) The quote in question appears shortly after the 4:35 mark. I recommend watching the whole thing if only to see the patches.
3) To the poster above me, even though they are somewhat out of the scope of this conversation, you should really provide the sources to those quotes, and use proper formatting. See this thread.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by teleonaut]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Okay, here is the video (shortened):

Although I know he can say whatever he wants, I'm surprised he said it so frankly.

[edit on 4/8/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomThought

I've read this whole thread. The original poster understands the mind behind this man Colbert.

Have you not seen this?!

www.youtube.com...

He has a lot of truth behind his satire, hes a smart guy.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Satire is definitely a tool (often comedic) used to expose a certain truth. Notice the definitions on Dictionary.com. It is clearly stated that satire employs irony/sarcasm as a means of bringing vice/folly to light.

/tn.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm a big fan of Colbert and i laugh at quite a bit of what he says but i try to take everything he says into consideration. Except when he talks about bears but that's not the point. I gotta agree with the OP, he said that WAYYY too casually. But he also said that to make fun of Trevor Paglen. He used the comparison of the Masons and the Illuminati to somewhat defeat the truth in this guys "trust my facts" book. I'm not takign this joke too seriously. I see this joke as just a joke ridiculing Mr. Paglen.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
he said that WAYYY too casually

But, isn't that kind of the joke? That is exactly his style of comedy, deadpan and irreverent. He was playing to the conspiracy theorist crowd. Clearly, he achieved the desired effect. Take a deep breath folks.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yeesh. Colbert talks about everything from alien insurgency, bigfoot, purposeful drugging, race, ect. Yet no one notices. (Except onece, I think there was a similar thread in regards to reptillians instead.) He talks down about most of the folks people say are truthful, he made fun of Ron paul once. Yet a quick joke about Masonry and the Illuminati and suddenly he is the source. It's about the same as getting your news from the rags at the Market, just funnier.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
First off all the Illuminati are a joke ok? Im a Mason and i despise them to the bone.......as the second reply stated, he often jokes about them and i love the show and the host however the remark of the Masons being a joke is quite disrespectful indeed. Nothing to see in Masons, just cause we are a secret lodge doesn't mean we are evil or bad, we are actually good and yes we do know more then most but nothing that concerns evilness...being i really hate these threads because most talk down on Masons and such i will not be replying to this again but i will say that Colbert is a Mason himself....do more research.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Mr.x211]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
You say he swallowed exactly what "they" want him to. Who is "they" reffering to?

Well I happen to believe that there are a powerful group of elitists who more or less direct geopolitical events by covert manipulation. An "Illuminati," if you must use that term, though I loathe it.

To those 15-20 year Masons?

Hardly. I find it fascinating how easily people (that is, the masses) can be fooled. Look I am Mason, and a bit of a conspiracy theorist myself. I don't buy into the BS bubble-gum conspiracies, but I definitely think there are "power players," so to speak. So, to me, it annoys me when I see people ranting about Freemasons because it is distracting them from the actual players -- I don't think that is by accident, either. I am of the opinion that the events that have taken place over the last 100 years are not coincidence, and that possibly, the anti-Masonic political party had much more behind it than a few people pissed off about William Morgan. In fact, I am toying with the idea that the Morgan Affair was a "false-flag operation," so to speak, in order to set up patsys (the Masons) to take the brunt of the scrutiny and suspicion about the strange events that people attribute to the "Illuminati;" the kind of events that get discussed here on ATS. I think they knew that people would be able to see there was something wrong, and they needed someone besides themselves for people to blame. My theory is that "the Players" set Masonry up so that people would think the Masons were the shadowy group behind it all (the "shadow elite" [or insert your term here]), which they are not, and it leaves people chasing their tails. This is what I mean when I say Freemasonry is a "Red Herring."

Do you think -- just maybe -- "they" (see above) want you to waste time and energy railing against Masons and thinking that you've figured it all out?

I mean come on, you people are smarter than that. Wake up. Freemasonry is nothing more than a distraction to keep you off the scent of the real bastards we should ALL be working to expose.

Think about it. Look at the players in the anti-Masonic political party and the players in the oil, railroad, and bank industries at the time... see what kind of connections you can make.

So, I think Stephen Colbert hit it right on the nose, actually. Tongue-in-cheek comments are often, as has been mentioned, a convenient and effective medium for Truth.

Sounds pretty shady to me.

How about now?

Augustus: Concerning your u2u; This ^^^ is more or less the general theme. Time is tight now but I'm working on it.

NewWorldOver: It's not your forum either, friend. Remember that, won't you? Good day, indeed.

[edit on 4/9/08 by The Axeman]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
isnt the fact that this sort of reference has penetrated through enough to be on a major cable show enough to warrant this thread?

i agree with most yeah its just sarcasm but I think its incredibly interesting that he feels comfortable enough as a mainstream comedian who obviously knows what will not only be understood but also funny would use this in his show???

great post op.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
When he makes fun of ron paul he is actualy doing ron paul justice. All I can do is paraphrase but he says something like. Why vote in someone who accurately predicts major problems and offers solutions.
Then he goes on to do a parody where it shows ron paul warning everyone of horrible events in the past such as pearl harbor.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

After watching the video, I find it funny how the Mason comment is followed by Colbert saying "I always think that way" (i.e. in regards to disinfo and conspiracies.) And then after the whole conspiracy theory laugh, Colbert's next "serious' question was about a Holy Grail (metaphorically but his exact words.) Wonder if there is anything behind that symbolism?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I didn't think he was allowed to say it so obviously.

Sure, we're all allowed to say whatever we want about Masons and the Illuminati.

Will they ever step forward and admit to a conspiracy? No. Most of them are clueless to the secrecy of their own organizations to begin with.

Colbert was definitely joking on conspiracy theories - but he will probably attract alot more attention to the real going-ons.

Well you must know it all huh? You are living the conspiracy in your mind, a little history lesson would do you well on the subject of the illuminati and masonry, We kicked out the illuminati hundreds of years ago, wanting no part in their endevours, we also kicked out joseph smith for the same reason and a lot of the ritual of the mormon church are directly stolen from the blue lodge degrees. And i still think you have a conspiracy with your name NWO....NewWorldOver? more like NewWorldOrder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join