It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Pacific

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
hey guys

I'm the poster of the video in question.

Just to let you guys know this is 100% real, and this is genuinly on a direct trans pacific flight.

As for the details you are requesting:

Flight was: AC 036 Tokyo Haneida-Vancouver
Boeing 767-300ER (I know my friend said it was a 777, he knows # about airplanes)
Time- ~0100 PST
We were about 45 minutes out of vancouver
~20,000ft (this was during our descent from 37,000)
Video was filmed on a sony cybershot on "medium quality" (i couldnt find a night setting, would have produced a much more spectacular video)

The Low-down:

We were heading back from a week's spring break in Korea, with our final destination being Portland, Oregon. It was about 0100 PST and only the people around us were awake, and we were talking quietly. My loudmouth friend was being a little immature at the time (hence the "that's what she said joke") as we were having a bit of an argument about the upcoming NHL playoffs. Anyways, I was watching "Juno" on the plane, when I glanced out to my right and saw a disk keeping pace with the plane (500mph?) for about 2mins. I immediately pulled out my camera, and started filming. The lights on the side seemed to be primarily yellow and red, but the photos above indicated there was also green lights. After 2mins, the disk vanished, but 3 lights appeared adjacent to the winglet. They seemed to remain stationary, but were soon joined by a fourth light. The lights vanished almost a split second later. By my estimates, the object was about 2-5 miles away, but its hard to tell based on the blackness. 500ft was a rough estimate, but since a typical 767 is 180ft long, and based on the objects size and flying characteristics, I feel it's safe to say that 500ft is a fair estimate, regardless of the lack of reference points. Who knows, the reason I posted the video is to get answers, not criticisms.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Did other people on the plane see it as well? Did everyone start discussing it? And finally the video usually shows a blur or saturation of colors, Human eyes can pick up more. So my question is what was the color of the Object? Alright time to watch UFO hunters now...be back in a bit

[edit on 10-4-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hpsfl
Who knows, the reason I posted the video is to get answers, not criticisms.

Thoughts?

We see a lot of hoaxes here. Your immature friends yelps at the beginning don't really sound like someone seeing an other worldly object for the first (?) time. Beyond the questionable lack of emotion in the commentary the video itself doesn't show that much. It's blurry, jumpy and very short. I appreciate you posting it and the added comments here but I am not sure there are any answers to get. If you didn't want criticism you should have just kept silent. There are some very talented people here on ATS and you can be sure they will take the video apart frame by frame. I think it's an interesting but ultimately inconclusive video. Thanks for coming here and posting the additional comments and the video.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hpsfl

i think it was really great that you got a video of it at all, quick thinking on the camera!! don't worry about the sceptics, you know what you saw and i for one believe you! it always makes me laugh that when it comes to ufo vids people are always moaning about the quality/steadiness/blurriness etc, like we are all hollywood film directors with the latest equipment and could ask the ufo if they wouldn't mind hanging around for another take while we reset background artists and do everyones make-up!!

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
hpsfl

Are you sure you left Japan from Haneda to Vancouver?

As a FF between North America and Japan I dont think there is a direct international flight from Haneda to North America. Although I admit I may be wrong. Could you have left Japan from Osaka after catching a flight from Haneda? I just want to get the timing right?

Thanks,
M

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantine70
reply to post by olegkvasha

Thank you, that was exactly what I was refering to.. it does not resemble a plane... It caught my eye exactly at .16 and .17... though .20 is not a bad shot. May I ask what program you used.. I used photo shop and the inverted is interesting as well.

Sorry for late response, had a mad few days. I took the stills into photoshop and the ONLY thing adjusted was the curve of the image. No colour adjustment. So the colours you see are on the original image.

/rich

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by masawa
hpsfl

Are you sure you left Japan from Haneda to Vancouver?

As a FF between North America and Japan I dont think there is a direct international flight from Haneda to North America. Although I admit I may be wrong. Could you have left Japan from Osaka after catching a flight from Haneda? I just want to get the timing right?

Thanks,
M

Nope, Air Canada flies flights out of Tokyo Haneida to Vancouver. The flight number is AC 036

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Sooo.. this just died out?? Weird. I thought it was pretty darn interesting. Check this out..
(click on the image to see the whole thing.. half of it is cut off here.)

Any thoughts?

[edit on 12-4-2008 by danman23]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by danman23

Nice work!
Star from mee!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ive watched the video a few times, and Ive read the thread, including the comments from the guy who took the video.

I honestly believe this is just misidentification at best, and at worst, deliberate misidentification.

The video is a mess. There is nothing to base any size assumptions on, and there is nothing that remotely looks like a UFO to me.

Also the person who took the video says - and I quote -

"when I glanced out to my right and saw a disk keeping pace with the plane (500mph?) for about 2mins. I immediately pulled out my camera, and started filming."

Now, am I the only one who sees the massive contradicitons here?

"I saw it keeping pace for 2 mins"........then "I immediately pulled out my camera". That doesnt add up. If you saw it, and you had a camera, you'd get the camera out ASAP, not watch it for 2 mins then get your camera out.

The video is a minute long, so potentially there wouldve been a 3 minute video if the camera had've been pulled out instantly. Maybe that wouldve given some good footage, and I wouldnt be as sceptical.

But for me, theres nothing there. Its a very poor video.

And I have yet to even mention the "talking", close your eyes and listen to the voices. It sounds like one of those really bad cheap movies with people who just cant act.

Ive changed my opinion. I no longer think this is accidental misidentification, I believe this is just a deliberate attempt to fool people.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by BeingFollowed]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
Big picture:

img212.imagevenue.com...

Hmmm, all I see is a bird.... with a MAJOR warbrobe malfunction! Nothing unidentified there!!!
Woohoo!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hpsfl

Thanks for the video and the story about what happened. I believe the story you are telling is true.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BeingFollowed

Hey.. check out those stills I got though. You can clearly see something is in the sky next to the plane. And it is disk shaped. You're right tho.. the guy messed up what he was saying. That means 1. He is a liar and lied about this whole thing and figured out a way to put lights outside the plane with cgi. or 2. Hes just a kid and is bad with english.
Either way.. you didnt even mention the lights in the video.. you based your whole debunking on him saying it was there for 2 mins and then pulled out his camera. What it seems like actually happened was.. He saw it, pulled out his camera, filmed it for what he thought was the whole duration (2 min) but his camera cut out at 1 min.
Can some one take a look at those stills and tell me what the ef is next to the plane?? If it can explained away as another plane.. lets hear it. if not.. lets hear why it would be a UFO.

hpsfl - Take a look at those stills. Let me know if that is what you are talking about and if there is anything else in the video I missed. And if you saw the actual craft itself can you use paint and draw it on one of the stills?

Peace

[edit on 13-4-2008 by danman23]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by danman23

I don't see what the whole issue is here. Wheteher It's 1 minute, 2 minutes, or 30 seconds, does it really matter? I'm trying to focus on the object(s), not for how long it took me to take out my camera.

come on..

Anyways, the object all of you are taking apart is in fact the object that was tracking our plane for a period of time (2 mins is an estimate. You want me to say 1 minute, 45.67804 seconds?) As previously mentioned, it dissapered for a fraction of a second, but lights appeared in the distance, to the right of the winglet. I believe those lights were joined by one at a later point, and then they dissapered. Perhaps you folks might also try focusing on the lights in the distance towards the end of the video?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by danman23

you based your whole debunking on him saying it was there for 2 mins and then pulled out his camera. What it seems like actually happened was.. He saw it, pulled out his camera, filmed it for what he thought was the whole duration (2 min) but his camera cut out at 1 min.

No I didnt. I said a lot more than pointing out the inconsistencies, including the hilariously bad acting, the lack of anything to guage a size on. It all adds up.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i know what its like to see something and get caught up in the moment and loose track of time a little when your talking about seconds or minutes.i saw something last night and i didn't even have time to grab my camera or anything. i just watched and didn't even have a witness with me. if i had recorded it i would be slammed too im sure. i think if i recorded my dog pooping and posted it here as my dog pooping most people would say they see something else or i dont know what im talking about or say i was hoaxing it because every video i've ever made looks horrible. the camera shakes, im in and out of focus and talking about what im recording. if i see what i saw last night i will give it a try anyway but i congratulate you for pulling yourself out of the moment and getting your camera out. good job . you know what you saw even if you barley got it on tape.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I realized my bandwidth ran out on my website.. i uploaded the image to imageshack... what do you guys think?

hpsfl.. is this what you saw??

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by olegkvasha
Nice find

I took some stills and cleaned them up a bit, notice how more lights seem to "turn on":

0.16 seconds

0.17 seconds

0.19 seconds

0.20 seconds

When I get more time (currently at work) I will take some stills into photoshop again and see if I can get some more detail.

/rich

hey thanks for that, the ufo looks awesome, i just wish i was there to witness it, it would have been a hell of a lot easier to see in person. Im convinced that this is a genuine UFO sighting.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

How are they supposed to have anything to gauge size upon when they are 20,000 FT in the air... above the middle of the ocean? I don't recall any huge landmarks in the middle of the pacific on the globe. And to the poster of the video... you references to the UFO seen in Indiana on Jan 31st of 2008 look exactly like the UFO I saw in 1999 in Sheridan IN. I do not know exact dates or times.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigshow

Did you mean Sheridan IL? I only ask cause I spent about 4 years there before I moved to IN, and I can say I saw quit a few paranormal events. Not to mention a few things that might have been ET like events.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join